rasta_kid420s First Indoor Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rasta_kid420, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Definitely lol if I would of ph 'd my first grow it would of helped a lot. I tested my water and it came out 6.8 but bytes usually throws it down to like 4-5 range depending if I add epson. I really need to invest in a calibration kit sometime though i always worry that my meter is off and I'll burn or lock something out.

2. I have to calibrate my pH meter everytime I water. These small ones are not very stable unless you store them with the node inside the calibration fluid. You might want to get some calibration 7.0 and 4.01 stat. or use pH paper as back up until then.

drmeter.jpg

3. Looks just like mine. Lol hasn't been calibrated since I got it but haven't had issues yet, but calibration fluid is going on the list for sure.

4. Do you have to have both the acid and base buffer solutions to properly calibrate? I'm assuming you do for both ranges and since you listed both but if I can skip out on one and save some dough I'm all about that.

5. You need both for accurate calibration.

6. You'd agree that this Lebanese is hungry for nitrogen correct? Because I'm seeing what is either fungus gnats or root aphids or both in my grow. Its very sparse just one or two here and there when I do checks and I don't see them every day. I was rid of them until I did transplants. I don't think they cause any damage at this point but I am definitely going to stay aware and try to be a step ahead.

Attached Files:

7. plants look fine. I had a tiny bit of yellowing too. They are OK. Just get the calibration stuff eventually so you can rule stuff out if it gets worse.

8. Those ph pens are trash, I had one and the screw on the back would turn just grabbing the pen.
    My new pen self calibrates with solution it came with..
    My tap water is always around 8 and the pen is still accurate years later

9. Does anyone know what this could be on my donkey Kong 2? it's only on one set of leaves and it's the second true leaves. The one bladed leaves below look fine and so do the one above. Any input is appreciated.

Attached Files:

10. what kind a pen is it? Any chance you could throw up a link where I could get one. Really interested in that self calibration.

11. So update time! I finally got around to taking a bunch of plant pics so here they are... Around 3 weeks from seed give or take for each one but they are doing pretty well except the bag seed 1&3 which I've just Bern neglectful of because they aren't getting transplanted or getting a chance to bloom. But my smallest is the donkey Kong 2 which is starting to grow nicely now, just needs to catch up to the others. My largest is the Lebanese hybrid 1 which is my pride and joy, branchy as he'll already and has got some wide Indica leave 😄. All the rest are looking great too and are going to get fed today. I was going to run all these plants natural because of time and I'd really like to grow a plant natural to see their shapes but I think I will be topping all but donkey Kong 2 and that's to buy a little time for it to catch up and because of vertical space also. But without further Ado here are the children.

Attached Files:

12. wow they all look really big man, they grew fast as hell

13. Yeah they did growing faster and faster . I just want the bigguns to slow down so that little baby donkey Kong has a chance to bulk up. I'm hoping that these plants will be alright to put in flower soon as I'm hoping to flip next week. Fingers crossed that I get only a few males. I just want one or so to free up a little more room in there. I think the tallest is standing about 6" maybe and is bushy as he'll so far. I broke a branch off yesterday super cropping by mistake.. oh well shit happens I'll be clipping whatever is gonna be popcorn any ways. Ready for some flower power in my life

14. So I'm gonna try and give a good update tonight but I topped a few nights ago and took some pics that are kinda shitty but here is before and after topping. I cut a lot off of them to try and keep the canopy even but they all looked like they really liked it yesterday.
    The only one with head intact is donkey Kong #2

Attached Files:

15. Alright I have the update as promised. Approximately 4weeks forms seed give or take. I've been pinching stems like crazy and most of them are loving it, the others it doesn't seem to bother to much they just slow down a bit. I'm currently letting them dry out and they'll get fed next watering. I'm going to try and do work on the shower and hopefully get that to where I can at least flower in it. But I'm at least going to have the closet done to flower in by the end of the weekend. I plan on flipping next week. Order is the Lebanese plants, Donkey Kong's and then the sativa.

Attached Files:

16. So Lebanese hybrid 2 showed me his balls today, so he got chopped. It was hard to cut down a plant so healthy and happy but its for the better.

Attached Files:

17. Heres the other Lebanese hybrid its a female and its wanting to flower it seems like. Calyxes are on a ton of nodes, I hope it doesn't have pre-flower issues when I take cuts of it second go round.

Attached Files:

18. Congrats on the one female!!! Your plants look amazing man, they are fucking fine. Good shit. My ladies are pretty thirsty right about now, I need to get home n water them bitches.

19. Thanks for the kind words man, I'm pumped about the female Lebanese hybrid. It was my favorite plant out of them all and when it showed me it's sex I liked it even more. I think it'll yield pretty decent with its branch structure. I may need to transplant it tho because I looked at the male roots after I killed it and it was pretty packed in there so that may be in order. Except the soil I'd be putting her in has caused fungus gnats several times in my garden. Not cool so I don't really want to transplant but I will if it will keep her healthier. Just need mosquito bits. If I only get one more female that'd be nice I'm hoping for the donkey Kong 1 it has the second best structure but I wouldn't mind if the sativa bag seed was a female either. If both were it'd be real nice. Gonna try and finish the framing today on the shower to where it's at least usable to put plants in for vegging. Then I'll get the rest done to flower in. So this may go from what was supposed to be a short run to a full vegged grow. I think that Lebanese will give up an ounce or two with how it is right now. With a transplant to a five gallon and perfect conditions I think I could hit 3-4 ounces. But not getting hopes up because I found out my first run that plants don't just put out weight haha.

20. Putting in some work on the frame of the flower shower[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Grasscity Forum mobile app