do-nothing garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Mar 7, 2015.

1. I think its Cold Creek Kush. Or not?  :confused_2:

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Cold_Creek_Kush/TH_Seeds/

I have that strain.  It is super stinky and tasty.  Great buzz too.  In fact I am re-vegging my last plant because I lost the clone I had.  lol.  

Are you running that Jak?

2. Wow TJ you certainly started your new thread off with a bang! Loaded with great information! I'm excited to see you rock that new LED, those little UFO cobs are dope! I bet there are little aliens in there helping you grow that ganja hahaha :bongin:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Sup bruddah! How did you like your XML?

Both of those sound awesome! I am a huge fan of Romulan so that certainly has a spot :D and have been wanting to try a cheese strain too!

This 8MH may hafta go to make some room. :)

Still waiting on roots on the GG's the first round of clones I took did not take, so hopefully some of this round make it. Looking good so far so I think they will make it :D

Don't think I've ever tried Coal Creek :unsure: is that a CO thing? Tried to google but didn't find much.

Sup D! :wave: glad to have ya man! Hehe the aliens better learn howta trim! :devious:

There is an area outside of Boulder Colorado called Coal Creek and I believe the elite cut of Cold Creek Kush came from that area and was renamed. At least the cut that is going around CO now is called Coal Creek Kush. I am not currently running her, a friend gave me a sample of his Ancient OG and Coal Creek Kush and I haven't stopped smoking the Kush long enough to try the OG. I think you can safely say that I will be running her soon.   :yummy:

The XML works great. She has a Sour Diesel #2 under her right now in the flower room and she is loving the pink light.  :cool: I had the same heat issue in our CT house and bought the XML when we first moved there.

The BubbleCheese is the same cut that's in GB's thread that made it's way to CO last secret cup and the other is an OG Raskal White Romulan so you'll like her.

See above for Coal Creek Explanation  :laughing:  

:smoke:  Jak

5. TJ - congrats on the new lighting. I'll be I retested in seeing it's performance as well and thanks for the invitation to watch.

J

6. I am looking forward to this, as well.

I nicknamed the light The Mother Ship since it looks like 6 ufos are docked

How many plants will be growing under her?

I am within 2 weeks of harvesting under a Amare SS 260 and an Amare SolarSystem 300

7. Mornin buddy! New thread... New lights.. New TJ! :metal:

Oh, I think that's MX's Pineapple Express that yall have.. Not DMX. :laughing: It's a fun plant to grow.. I had it a few years back.. Cool that it's still around. It's super super 50/50.. Right in the middle hybrid.

http://youtu.be/thIVtEOtlWM

8. @jakalope sounds like you guys have quite the variety when it comes to lighting! Was also wondering, how are you liking those LEC's, so far?

I'll hafta go check your threadand see if there have been any recent updates :D :poke: haha

Morning, J! Great to have you man! Please, make yourself at home--mi casa es su casa :wave:

Welcome, P! Great to have you! I dig that nickname :) it is certainly fitting haha. At the moment, there are 5 plants under there. And the tent is definitely maxed out, so 4-5 is probably about what I'm going to shoot for. I like having a lot of variety :)

Do you have a journal? Would love to come check it out!

Mornin' dude! :wave: This PE has sure been around man it's cool to be able to go back thru old GC journals and see what she grows like. Looks to be a pretty colorful plant. Must be pretty nice considering she has been around so long! Have heard of MX before too--I think that a lot of people have used his soil mix if I am not mistaken? Either way, I am stoked to have her in my garden. Hope you're having a great sunday mornin my man!

http://youtu.be/cra3gvn8mUs

9. Ya I his recipe is the one I used for my base soil. His name is MX Grower if you wanna look up some of his stuff sometime... Just another cool blade. :cool:

10. #30 bsless, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    That's a serious piece of hardware you have there, sir.  Mind if I pull up a chair with my bong in hand?

11. #31 JakalopeIVXX, Mar 8, 2015
    You sir are correct. This is the MX cut of express the solo cup she came in was mislabeled. The owner may have been a little high or listening to DMX when he labeled the cup she was in :laughing:

It's the cut that has gone around the city originally from MX.

Yes we have quite a variety of lights in the first room. Three plants under (1) 1k HPS. One plant under (1) XML 350 LED and two plants under (2) 315W CMH.

I know I know. Jak needs yo update his journal. We will get there :)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. #32 BrassNwood, Mar 8, 2015
    Now why do I have to find this out on my own?? No invite.. No phone call.. Not even a text.. I see how it is.. Getting awful tired of this shabby treatment.. I'll be keeping my eyes on you.. LMAO how you doing TJ ?? nice to see your kicking it with your new toy..

13. Shit, he found us.  JK   :bolt:

14. TJ! Super awesome thread, man! Your garden is outstanding! Those flowering ladies look amazing! Totally subbed! Sorry, im freaking out a bit....

I visited the website of the company who makes that wicked sweet light. I am super interested in it. However, it makes me nervous when they dont list the price of it anywhere. Im not asking you to say how much. Was it crazy expensive? Reasonable? Just wondering. Im looking to upgrade and that light may be just what ive been looking for.

Please, Thomas, continue to do what you you do cause your quite an inspiration. Not just your garden, but your whole attitude towards everyone and everything. Thank you. Be well.

15. Welcome, bsless! Just hold on tight to that bong, AW has a tendency for smashing them lol :hide:

Haha well at least we got it straightened out now.

:poke: :poke: :p

:wave: highya BNW! Glad to have you with us man :) your invite must have gotten lost in the mail? :unsure: :hide:

16. Muthafucka good morning :wave:

Very informative, and detailed post you had going there. This is n will be a great start for any grower trying to set up. I  mean look at how many things we buy before we realize that someone else has a very superior product for less money, or how to DIY for even less. 

After reading through your provided links; I think I like this new light your playing with. Shit after reading through your set up I even pondered on mine for some time. I know that the exterior environment has a lot to do with what we adjust against, but. I fight to keep the heat up in my vegging garden. Unfortunately my 400w ajusta wing doesn't create much heat. The damn exhaust only comes on at in the peak heat hrs, and that's damn near lights out. Since it doesn't get hot enough to keep the exhaust coming on regularly, I just keep the intake blowing for regulated fresh air at the canopy level. 

You know I like someone when they get the long posts out of me.. :rolleyes: . : laughing:

Now this new lighting is looking really nice, and I especially love the whit light. The 3 different seetings aren't bad either. I was hoping you could show me what they look like if the change isn't to labor intensive. If it's just a quick swap out without fucking with the bitches, that's another plus. I'm telling you i'm liking this light. Been thinking of how to fight the cool temps in the winter IF I switched to it myself. 

You know your pictures are about to be fucking fantastic too  :poke:  :lol:

What else......... ^_^

Oh, I'm pretty stoked about the No_tills. I even set up another one for my OD garden this summer. I'm going to put smaller ladies 2 in them for early flowering next month, just because im hella excited about them. I know your going to rock your No-tills. Sheeeit i'm counting down for you to start that as well lol  :p

Anyways..... Just wanted to say congratulations. Any additions to the garden are very fun, I know.  :rolleyes:

17. Welcome, spacebuds! :wave: you're way too kind buddy. Glad to have you along!

I'm with ya, I thought that it was a bit odd that the prices weren't listed. I emailed the company to get a price list. This light in particular is very new. The MSRP for this unit is $895. So not exactly cheap, although I have seen other comparable LED systems listed for twice that, many of which can't match the intensity for the wattage consumed. This one also uses all Cree components which is a big plus imo. I think that ya get what ya pay for :)

I appreciate the compliments man. I hope that all is well with you too my friend! :wave:

18. #38 donothinggardening, Mar 8, 2015
    Mornin :smoke:y! :wave:

I have bought my fair share of overpriced stuff. Especially whe it comes to soil mixing ingredients. It's crazy what people will charge you for worm poop :laughing:

I am surprised that the 400w adjust-a-wing isn't keeping the room warm! I was exhausting the heat from the tent, but keeping it in the house to get that 'free' heating and my tent was still getting up into the 80's. In the summer it would be up in the 90's for sure, though.

Since my setup is so small, air exchange is not a huge thing. I just keep the door to the room open during 'lights on' and point a box fan in the door.

Right now I am running a small space heater in there to keep the temps up during 'lights-off' (probably should have included all of that in the environment post lol). It is set to kick on anytime the temps get below 75F, so that helps to prevent the RH from spiking as the temps drop during 'lights-out'.

The 3 lens settings are really easy to change. If you look at this pic that I post on the bottom, you'll see 6 rounded glass lenses protruding out from the light and they are surrounded by a black plastic ring. The black ring is threaded, so all ya do is unscrew it and the lens comes right out. One set of lenses are 90, another set is 120, or you can choose to go without any lenses at all. The 90's focus the light a lot tighter and really increase the intensity so that it penetrates deeper into the canopy. The 120's spread the coverage wider, so that it doesn't penetrate as much, but it covers a wider footprint. Going without lenses does the same thing. Since this light is really meant for 3'x3' and I am using it in a 4'x4', I went for the wider coverage setting for right now. Although I may throw the 90's in and try to get better penetration. I rotate the plants every day anyway, so why not get the most intensity I can?

The white light is badass for taking pics :) you can see the colors of the plants so much better than you can under HPS :D

:metal: the no tills are gonna kick some ass, I can't wait! Bigger pots bigger buds right?? :devious:

You saying you're gonna do two ladies per pot? That would be sweet : ) have thought about doing something like that myself. What strains you running outside? Did I already ask you that? Lol

If ya need, I can clarify mo about the lenses. Really easy to change. Only takes a couple minutes :)

Attached Files:

19. Sup man,
    Dang this thread is on the move already! I like that liner you made for the tent. Definitely takes alot of the guess work out of finding suitable SIP trays eh? Have a great day bro!

20. Sup dude, happy sunday! I'm all excited for this light, I can't stop talking about it :laughing: :rolleyes: hope you guys don't mind my blabbing. :eek: really happy that I built the liner. It is proving to be way easier to use than the mortar pans that I had in there previously. Hope you have a great day too, deez! :wave: