my first auto grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigggsteve89, Mar 3, 2015.

1. well here it is guys. starting out trying a couple autos for the first time. 1 snow ryder and 1 cheesus. im running a 400 watt hps on 18/6 in a box 2x3x6 got 1 fan at the bottom intake for fresh air one fan at the top for exhaust air and one fan blowing on the hps also blows air around the box. temps stay around 75 to 78 degrees f 30% humidity. using organic soil with ewc after a few weeks. im calling today day 1 as seeds had tap roots and have been planted in their final pots... seen its not good to transplant autos. seeds came from natures sweet nothing out in cali.. attached some photos the 2 plants in the back are photos they will be vegged out til the autos are done then ill flip em.. just some random bagseed not to worryed about them im focused on the autos. any advice is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Sounds good so far. Where those plants in the back also grown with the 400w HPS?

Just wondering because they seem a little bare

3. #3 bigggsteve89, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    thanks! they have been under the hps 12/12 from seed they have not flowered yet so I flipped to 18/6 for the autos figured id let the photos sit and veg they have been stretching since

4. remember autofems will begin flower when the roots hit the bottom of the pot. do whatever you can to make your plant have to travel further downward and less outward.

you can achieve this by germinating your autofem in a tall styrofoam cup, and before its roots touch the bottom of that cup, cut the bottom of the cup off, and plant the cup into your medium, so the plant is a few inches above the start of your pot. this will make your autos much bigger :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. haven't heard this yet, will have to try it out. Mine have been flowering at about 21 days.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

• Like Like x 1
  6. #7 GoldGrower, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015

This is all lies, please no one take any notice of this 

An auto will start flowering around 3 weeks in if it's healthy and growing well. Whether it's feminised or not has nothing to do with anything

I seem to aggravate you. why just try to shoot down everything I say without thinking about it?
    autofem and autoflower is interchangeable term my friend, means the same thing.

8. #9 NorthernAutos, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    I don't think you aggravate him, maybe you just say a lot he doesn't agree with? I'm with gold... My autos were root bound in my pot and didn't flower until two weeks after I transplanted from them being root bound, so obviously they don't flower when they hit the bottom :p

And autofem to me means autoflower feminized, might not be correct but idk...

Tag along for my first grow! NL Autos, Mars II 400w+UFO
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1343597-My-first-grow%21

how big was your pot? the correlation between root-tap and auto-flowering is not scientifically proven but most growers say that if you have the proper sized pot, the root tap should hit at the same time the plant is mature enough to flower, and these events will lead it to flower.

of course you could just put the plant into an 8 ounce cup, and it would be root bound within days, but with no flowering. because the plant is not mature enough yet, and you did not provide enough room for it to mature before the root tap hits the bottom. the Styrofoam cup method is a method some people use to provide more room for maturation before root bind.

for him to say "this is all lies" is plain and simple ignorance because people do use this method and you can find pictures of it and people who practice it on the site you are on right now, so it is obviously not 'all lies', and I am concerned as to why he is so paranoid that he thinks I have the time to go around making shit up off the top of my head for no reason.

10. #11 mop420head, Mar 5, 2015
  11. I thought all autos were feminized, since they flower automatically they are female. just saying lol

12. #15 GoldGrower, Mar 5, 2015

I'm not aggravated at all, I'm just pointing out that what you said is simply incorrect.
    And that was another incorrect statement.

'Auto' means the plants will flower regardless of photoperiod.

'Fem' means feminised. This is a seed that has been made from a mother and a transsexual father. This causes all offspring to be female.

An 'autofem' is a automatically flowering plant that has come from a feminised seed.

An 'auto flower' just means it flowers regardless of photoperiod. The seeds may be male or female 

It posts like yours that spread incorrect information, I just want to put a stop to that. if I say something incorrect and someone corrects me, I thank them, I don't procede to make allegations of their emotional state 

• Like Like x 1
  13. thanks! im running my light 18/6 just cause there are 2 bagseed photos in the box vegging once the autos are done ill flip the lights 12/12 for the photos. about to enter 2 autos into the solo cup challenge as well should get interesting

14. #17 GoldGrower, Mar 5, 2015

What on earth has paranoia got to do with anything? 

If they flowered when their roots hit the bottom of the pot (this is laughable btw) then what causes them to flower when they are in the ground?

A pot of about a foot deep will have the tap root hitting the bottom within a few days. Given the chance a root will be a metre long within a couple of weeks. Flowering always starts at around 3 weeks of age if it's healthy no matter what the pot size is 

15. #18 GoldGrower, Mar 5, 2015

the only difference between an automatic flowering plant and a photoperiod sensitive plant is that autos will flower from age and not the light cycle.

All other aspects are the same, so you still get mothers producing calyxes and fathers producing pollen. 

All these seeds are autos, Lowryder#2, they are 50/50 male/female

[​IMG]

16. lmfao kiddo

17. #20 bigggsteve89, Mar 5, 2015
    day 2

snow ryder has popped above ground and lost its helmet already... cheesus is almost there above ground still has the helmet tho... both seem to be growing good so far.

Attached Files: