Fragrant flowers and vines

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Bob Barker, Feb 28, 2015.

1. I googled fragrant flowers and vines and came up with a few that should work. Does anyone have any favorites that help cover mmj plants. I'm in a legal state but I want to be kind to my neighbors and also stay on the DL, I'm on a kinda busy corner.

So far I'm looking at (zone 6a)

Sweet Autumn Clematis grown like this on top of my 6 ft privacy fence.

[​IMG]

Then in one of my 4'x8' rasied garden beds I'll plant a bunch of fragrant wildflowers mixes. Might even be able to sell to a florist  :confused_2:

[​IMG]
    \tStock, Katz Fragrant Mix 

[​IMG]
    \tFragrant Wildflower Seed Mix

2. I got 6 of these in total. Almost finsihed, just need some more bamboo and move more dirt. The on with the sharp angle will hopefully be full of flowers. Also I'm working on a lawn :)

[​IMG]

3. Just planted a ton of flower seeds and setup a drip line.

4. I should probably rename this thread or make a new one for my garden.

Just spent $20 at my local green house. Cant beat 2 foot tall tomato plants for $2 a pop and bell peppers for a buck! 2 of my raised beds are growing flowers and seems to be going well.

Tomato's and w auto's
    [​IMG]

Flowers with one tomato
    [​IMG]

FLowers
    [​IMG]

onions
    [​IMG]

garlic, sun flower and a tomato
    [​IMG]

8 bell peppers, couple of hot peppers on the end and I just planted ginger down the bare center.
    [​IMG]

5. Wow Bob, the garden is looking really good. I wish I had as much room as you do. I'll keep checking back on ya.

Subbbd

6. Thanks! I think I can fit a couple more raised beds in a area that will get partial sun/shade. I had a long strip next to my house and the road I was going to fill up with 10 beds. Instead I planted 4 austrian pines that should supply some privacy [​IMG]

7. #7 Bob Barker, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    Here is a very rough sketch of what I want to build. A lean-to greenhouse. During the winter a can use it to heat my house as it will over lap my bedroom and bathroom windows. I still need to work out the dimensions and what not.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. Battled a few cold nights but I think thats all passed now. I went to a cert organic greenhouse this past weekend for the first time. I picked up stinging nettles, comfry and a lemon cherry tomato plant. The auto's are starting to take off but I didn't label the strains [​IMG]. One LST'ed herself and has some nice sites popping up. I also bought 1000 compost worms and put some in each rasied bed. Then buried piles of compost for the worms to munch on. Later I'll make a new pile at the other end of the garden bed so they will aerate soil some.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. i really like your corrugated metal bed frames.  did you just bolt the ends together?

10. #10 Bob Barker, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    Thanks. I bolted them together and placed a wood stake half way in the long sections. To make 1 raised bed I used

2-25.75 in. x 8 ft. Galvanized Steel
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Construction-Metals-25-75-in-x-8-ft-Galvanized-Steel-2-1-2-in-Corrugated-Roof-Panel-CR8G-U/205532365?N=5yc1vZaq4rZ1z0ugnq
    4-corner bracket
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-1-1-2-in-Zinc-Plated-Corner-Brace-4-Pack-15304/202033892
    1 corner bead
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gibraltar-Building-Products-1-1-4-in-x-8-ft-Metal-Corner-Bead-10530/100356032
    32- sheet metal screws
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-10-x-5-8-in-Zinc-Plated-Hex-Head-Self-Drilling-Sheet-Metal-Screw-100-Piece-801252/204274981

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Awesome, thank you!

12. Looks great! I would kill for all of that space. I live in a townhouse with very little room, so I do a lot of companion planting to take advantage of the small space. 

13. I need to improve my companion planting skills. I'll start off with some Marigolds.

14. Marigolds are great with Tomatoes. I'm not sure about them improving taste, as that's hard to measure, but the definitely repel certain types of garden pests. 

15. Picked up basil, marigolds and a few other flowers. Cost $12 form my local greenhouse. I'm waiting to plant til Monday b/c its going to get around 37 Sunday night.
    [​IMG]

16. up-armored version should be more dog proof. 
    [​IMG]

17. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bell peppers dont seem to be growing. Might be overwatered as we have gotten a years worth of rain this month.
    [​IMG]
    Out of focus but they ar flowers started from seed. No blooms yet.
    [​IMG]

18. Wowww....
    Very Nice Share photos of flowers i really like it....

19. Next backyard project is going to be raised beds in 2 corners of my yard built of painted tires. There are lots of free tires on CL. For paint, Wal-mart and home Depot have a section of clearance paint that was mixed wrong. I've seen gallon cans for $5 and they are normally pretty funky colors.

Something like this

[​IMG]