What temperature do I dab at?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Dezso3, Feb 25, 2015.

1. #21 FilthyDubz, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
    I will admit that I've used several grams of oil by now without being exactly sure what constitutes the dab completing. I know I'm not dabbing too hot, I just wonder if I am dabbing too cool.

If the oil goes to dark brown and begins to fade, is it done? if i see a small amount of vapor come off the nail when i reheat it, is that valuable product that didn't burn up, or should i not worry about that tiny wisp of smoke? if there's still dark dark brown residue on the nail afterward, as there always is after i do a bigger dab, did i mess up and not finish the hit? never sure what's in that last little bit.

If you can answer that, or describe how a dab looks when it respectively [burns too fast / vapes right / vapes too cold and is incomplete], I'd think that would go a long way. Give a guy those descriptions and tell him to find out how long he can let the nail cool and still get the hit to completely vaporize. find the minimum and play around near there. seems like many people start out too hot and work down from there. experimenting on the other end of things has been working for me (unless it turns out im wasting oil by being too cool)

but seriously, major karma if you can help clarify this for me. it's something i've been unable to google because i am unsure how to phrase it, "when is a dab done" doesnt work so well :|

2. filthydubz, try hotter on the nail and smaller dabs.
    I did that too but adjusted.

3. If there is residue left over after you bad other than a liquid then you need to get ypur hand on better quality oil. Everything should be melting off or turning into a puddle

4. oh my how quartz vapes so much better than ti.

I barely see my quartz glow red when I dab, but I get such a flavorful hit.

5. I like to wait 40 to 45 seconds. I don't like the high temps though.

• Like Like x 1