What movie scarred you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by cheeto_soda, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Honestly there's only one scary movie that freaked me out and I was in my teens. The exorcist, the original one. Laugh all you want but I believe in demons and shit, scary fucking shit right there

SeNt FrOm My•🌟☆GaL@x¥ $5☆🌟•

I think it's a great movie, just not scary.  I don't believe in demons though, but they're great for a horror movie.    

3. Herbie the love bug ....1960s one

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

4. I think 28 Days Later did it for me. I remember coming home from school one day and the movie was in the VCR so I decided to watch it. There was no one home yet so I was all by myself plus it was a dark cloudy day do that didn't help lol. Really freaked me out and had me looking over my shoulder the whole time. I had nightmares for about a week after that and now I'm petrified of those type of infected people lol

5. Scream. Made me obsessed with it and serial killers

6. I saw this shit on the disney channel when I was a kid, and this dude freaked me out lol. It didn't scar me but it has stuck with me just because he is so fucking ridiculous. Plus the kids in the movie must have failed Strangers 101 or something...some random dude has candy and a fucking cage. Stranger danger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnhfvGdmmw

7. Wes Craven's New Nightmare to be specific.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. #48 ShelliGoneBananas, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    Hahahaha I used to love this movie as a kid. Chitty chitty bang bang. This dude was seriously creepy AF tho lol. It was soooo absurd but he was a creep fer sure. All 'come ere lil kids I got some candy for u, prancin thru the town and looking in windows n shit like a lunatic lmao like those kids aren't 4 they're like fuckin 10 why would they go with that crazy fuck

9. #49 ShelliGoneBananas, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    When I was little my dad was asleep on the couch "watching" me haha n whatever movie I was watching ended and the movie leprechaun came on and holy bejeebus that movie scared the piss outta me n I couldn't find the remote n was too embarrassed to wake my dad so I just cowered near the couch n tried not to watch lmao. It didn't really 'scar' me cause i can watch it now n laugh at it but it def fucked my lil ass up for a hot minute.

10. :D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D I think I'm cool wit leprechaun man now tho lmfao

Attached Files:

11. Freddie (the first Friday 13th

12. Oh yea totally forgot, but the flying dog dragon thing from never ending story freaked me out so hard I don't think I've ever even seen the full movie haha

Attached Files:

13. Have to say this kinda bugged me out a bit as well, its a little too creepy for lil kids to be watching imo

14. The mist... That movie fucked me backwards

15. F*ck yes.....THIS. And it's not even like I was super young--I believe I was around 10--or that I had a fear of clowns or anything.....but let's just say Tim Curry didn't the damn thang w/ that roll. I was visiting w/ my older cousins for the summer and my aunt & uncle had some sort of date night or whatever w/ friends and since my cousins were like 2-4 yrs older they usually left them home (which was cool as hell to me).

Needless to say, we set the mood a little well w/ darkened rooms all that jazz, lol, b/c me & my one cousin, Clarissa, scared as hell after pt 1 (I remember it was like on TV and broken down in 2 parts). But since I bunking w/ her during my visit we (tried, lol) to convince ourselves we was straight cool in front of older brother....that's until we FINALLY decided to go to bed. That's when all of a sudden he came busting in her room and scared living sh*t out of us! (purposely, might I add....you know how big Bros do) lol

Hellraiser & Child's Play (only the ones of each series) was others from my younger years before that, think I was around 6/7 (the first Child's Play spook me the most b/c I had an aunt that have what was called in the 80s, Patty Playpal doll....let's just say after watching that homegirl stayed nicely thrown in the back of my closet--complete w/ a chair pinned in front--for quite a few weeks, lol).

But b/c my mom where pretty big horror junkies in the 80s my fear never really lasted too long, lol, I built a pretty good tolerance for them even as kid (and probably a reason I still like watching horror movies now).

• Like Like x 1
  16. #56 Deleted member 281310, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    for a while i was scared shitless of the first final destination. i remember watching that plane burst into flames in the air, it was all so creepy to me as a child who was scared of death.

17. oh i was also really scared of scream. i would have daily dreams in which scream would be chasing me around the house. scream dreams

18. Child's Play  :hide:

Fuck. That. Doll... 

I still won't watch that movie to this day at 24 haha 

I saw that in the theater when I was in high school.  There's actually a pretty funny weed story involved, but that's for another thread/forum section.  I loved it, but the scariest thing about it was the row of girls behind us who were screaming at the top of their lungs every 5 minutes.  I found the title Scream very fitting.  I haven't seen any of the sequels though.  It's my understanding they aren't as good, but I'm still interested in seeing them just because I'm fond of the first.

20. I was never scared by typical horror movies like A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th. Even as a kid I'd maybe get startled but I more had fun watching those kids get slashed up.

The movies that really scared me where the ones that haunted me at night. I saw A Clockwork Orange when I was 10 and it scared the hell out of me. But I kept watching it. Seeing Eyes Wide Shut at 14 scared the hell out of me, particularly the orgy scene. It was so creepy!

Requiem for a Dream still scares me. So does Pi and Taxi Driver.