What movie scarred you as a kid?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by cheeto_soda, Feb 22, 2015.

1. The Excorcist   1973. First time I ever saw crowds around the block to get into a movie. They had an ambulance parked outside from all the patrons collapsing during the movie..people running out scared to freakin death. This scene is from the THIRD Excorcist called Legion ....Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY

2. I watched Jaws with my dad when I was 2-3, and we lived 10 minutes from the beach so we were always there and I just remember standing on the shore screaming out to my parents that a shark was going to get them.

And the book was on a whole different level than the movie haha.

This reminded me of Stephen King's "It" which was terrifying as a kid and the book had some weird shit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #23 Buffalo Beano, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    i can agree with that. When I was little I wasn't afraid of monsters or bogeymen, I was afraid I would be abducted by aliens and experimented on

4. The Thing. Responsible for numerous nightmares. My 5 year old self was definitely traumatized.

[​IMG]

5. Enter the Void. Couldn't even finish it the first time I saw it. It was filling my head with horrible thoughts and had me exploring the depths of my mind I prefer not to trod.

6. http://youtu.be/-wR8FL_2gwI

dumbo trippin his balls off 

7. Large Marge from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

8. The Wizard of Oz.The witch and those fricken purple monkeys. :hide:

9. IT from Stephen King.

When I was younger, my family had a tradition of renting movies on New Years Eve and one year they picked IT. I was probably 6 or 7. That movie fucked me up for weeks. I wouldn't go to bathroom without the door open as I was petrified that Pennywise would come out of the sink.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #30 WizardInBlack, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015

That movie traumatized me too lol, scariest fucking thing i ever saw as a kid, especially when the head grew legs and crawled away without anyone noticing.

11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElGLzwvdi-I

Frankenstein: The True Story

Movie had me genuinely terrified in places and
    grossed me out a few times too.

It's funny what scares some people and not others.  I actually saw that in the theater as a 4 year old and thought it was great.  But you know what did scare me like a year before?  Fucking E.T.!  But that was because I was just too young to understand, and he was just ugly/scary to me, especially when he was creeping around.  It didn't scar me though.  I think the movie that scarred me was The Fog.  I remember I was at a friend's house and we were watching it while we had a babysitter, I was probably only like 6 or 7, and there's a scene where the sailors from the fog kill the little kid's babysitter.  It was just the idea that the almighty babysitter, especially an adult/grandmotherly one and not just a schoolgirl (but I don't think I'd seen Halloween yet), could be killed that I found jarring.  And there we were, with a babysitter who was not elderly but in her 40's probably.  It made me twitchy with babysitters for quite a while, I would rather have been alone than with a babysitter.  But these days I love that movie and it's on my Blu Ray shelf, along with most other John Carpenter movies, including Halloween.  Which also has babysitter slashing, but didn't scar me the same way.  

The scene in Pet Sematary when they leave the little girl alone with the sister who is dying of meningitis also scared the shit out of me.  My friend and I couldn't sleep, we had to leave the lights on and we were actually too scared to close our eyes, but we were so tired we eventually fell asleep.

It's one of my favorite movies of all time, top 5 at least, but it didn't traumatize me or scar me even though it's undoubtedly scary.  But I wasn't 5 when I saw it, that's for sure.  Even though I'm a horror buff, and grew up in the 80's and know the movies very well (including other Carpenter films like Big Trouble In Little China, Escape From New York, Halloween, They Live etc), I didn't see it until I was in college around 2002.  I had never heard of it, but a GameStop employee talked me into buying The Thing video game for XBOX and getting a free copy of the movie on DVD.  I watched the movie then started the game, and loved both.  

14. Arachnophobia. I watched it as a kid and now i have it lol

15. I was thinking Hellraisor, then I saw your answer and thought fuck that waas hella scary lol, member he gets needles or somethin in his eyeball :( lol

16. Exactly what I was going to say. Watched them not cuz I was a burgeoning psycho just because I was interested. Didn't scar me but was an eyeopener. We had a video store that rented the VHS tapes of all of them.

17. The people under the stairs! I fuckn loved this movie but I member crying when the one kid showed the last piece of his little tongue after having it cut off. Scarred me for fuckin life..he was my fav :'|

18. I remember watching the original 13 ghosts when I was a kid, was some scary shit when your 10!

19. The original and remake were both good flicks.

• Like Like x 1