seedlings purple stems?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jokey86, Feb 21, 2015.

1. hey folks just started 4 pure AK and two of the seedlings have sprouted no problems but the others seem to be laggin behind and have purple stems wondered if anybody knew wat could cause this

Attached Files:

2. Hey jokey, the purple stems on the other two are just because they're very young, the two taller ones would have been the same.

I know this because I happen to be growing pure ak as well and mine where the same, they where slightly purple on their first two sets of leaves also. I have a grow journal of the pure ak up now if you have a look on my profile, it might help you out a bit as I'm on day 17 from sprout so you might be able to spot problems before they happen as I'm only a little in front!

Are you using hydro or soil? It would be cool either way!

Good luck mate, they root pretty quickly ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. nice one bud cheers for clearing that up never done from seed before always dealt with cuttings yeah will defo check ur journal out bud gona b doing hydro got 2 nft gt424 tanks

4. Yeah most seedlings will look a little purple at first, it's probably because they haven't had any light.

I'm doing a 4 pot dwc in a single 25L res so a little different but not completely, still hydroponic.

hopefully any problems I encounter won't effect you haha. Do you have a journal?

5. Those look to me like you are keeping them too wet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree on the too wet looks like the blocks are soaked and the plant will not need that much water until it gets more root growth. Even if u just watered them right before u took the picture my opinion is tone down the amount of water abit. Keep em wet not soaked. From my experience with clones and young plants like those the blocks getting soaked like that will wilt the plant and slow the growth/stunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. "Even if u just watered them right before u took the picture"

Yeah, I wasn't going by what the rockwool cubes look like, I going by what the seedlings look like.