Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Strains for migraines?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GreenViking, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Just wondering because my girlfriend has extremely bad migraines and can't seem to get rid of them.

Anyone here suffer from migraines?

Mind sharing what strain has worked well for you?

2. Stoney sativas. 

Example: train-wreck, AKA-47, Pineapple express. 

How does it work? It relieves pressure on the eyeballs, and it opens up constricted blood vessels in the neck allow more oxygen to flow to the brain.

The brain is also flooded with some feel good chemicals that can be so powerful your head goes numb.

This is how Headband got its name. Feels like you have a headband on your head or a hat from these stoney cannabis flowers.

3. I get migraines....and to be honest, when I'm in the throes, it's hard for me to smell smoke of any kind....tinctures work best...of the strains mentioned.

4. I don't really get migraines, but sometimes I get pretty bad headaches and I like the more stoney sativas like the guy above said. Blue Dream is a nice hybrid. Not sure if it's more on the sativa or indica side, I think it's more of a sativa, but it definitely has that kick that helps get rid of headaches. Like I said I don't know how it works with migraines, but I'm pretty sure it will atleast make her feel somewhat better. Maybe try to get some Headband if you can. It's Sour Diesel crossed with OG Kush and Master Kush. That will take her migraines away for sure. OG Kush is more of an indica, (there's variations) but that should definitely help her too. I hope one of them works. Good luck.

5. OG Kush.  My girlfriend had a terrible migraine last night.  She was on the verge of vomiting.  I gave her some OG Kush in a vaporizer and within 5 minutes the nausea was gone.  She soon fell asleep and when she woke up this morning she was amazed at how quickly the migraine pain went away.

6. I tried some hashberry and it worked pretty well.  I get migrains a few times a month.  I'm also curious to see what others have found useful.

7. This may be a bit unorthodox but I'm only sharing what some ladies that have migraines have shared with me. I have friends that have suffered from migraines and they get Botox. not to get rid of wrinkles but for the sole purpose of relieving migraines. It's $200 and lasts 3 to 6 months. I've never had a migraine so I invite you to do your own Botox migraine research but it's very common.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Have your primary write a prescription for anti nausea of the Serotonin antagonists (5-HT3) variety?

9. Cannatonic works wonders for pain, but keep in mind it's not going to get you super stoned.