Do vaporizers smell a lot?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by LouDog8, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Okay so I currently smoke from a bong and blow the smoke through a Hello Neighbor filter and out the window. Yet there's always that lingering dank smell in my room.

I know the benefits of using a vape opposed to a bong/pipe/joint, but I need to know.. Does it ommit a big weed smell?

Like say I vaped for a bit.. Then I put everything away and 30-45 mins later someone walks in? What would they smell?

2. Probably nothing, or very little. I only vape these days, and my bro keeps telling me how much better my house smells since I stopped smoking. No cigs or tob in my house either

3. #3 Head Chef, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2015
    Yes it still does produce smells just not as much as burning up a bud.

If your smoking in a room, filter or no filter the actual room will still smell lol.

Try Ona Gel
    Chef.

4. #4 Anything surprise me, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    123e1

5. Throw a fan against the window blowing air out and blow out it/close to it to blow the vapor out. Leave the fan on for like 10 minutes and the room shouldn't smell much. And a small spray of febreeze never hurts.

6. So it will smell more just like pure weed? Just not burning? I can live with that lol

7. Hey thanks for the reply! I get that they will still smell but will it be better or worse than a bong?

8. It will be better than a bong. If you're really worried just use a smoke buddy.

9. I already have a Hello Neighbor which is the same thing basically. I'm really just worried about the smell produced by the actual device

10. the most ultimate safe way to smoke is with 3 things.
    1.Smoke buddy
    2.Herbal tank vaporizer or gpen (for wax)
    3.Some febreeze
    With these 3 items the smell should go away like 10 mins after u spray the febreeze. Just make sure u blow the smoke from the vape, into ur smoke buddy, and out the window ;) problem solved just make sure to spray after for that final touch.

11. Hello!

I have decided it is time to stop lurking and start getting involved!

I have a long record of being what i call "ninja stoner". Government disapproves, parents disapprove but i like my cannabinols!

Anyway, i started vaping over a year ago as a healthier alternative. I only started doing it indoors a while later as the winter became colder.

Do vaporizers smell? Yes they do as does everything. The first smell that will fill your room is when you take the green out of your stash, grind it and pack it. The vapour will smell like anything you are smoking but only for the first few hits. This made me appreciate green that doesnt stink too much :)

My technique for vaping indoors and rarely being sniffed out is to shut the door with a towel hung on top and on the bottom to stop air escaping my room. I have one Neutradol gel but i will upgrade to ONA gel as i heard it works better. I use Febreeze Thai Orchid spray to spray the room BEFORE vaping as well as every couple of clouds blown in window direction and at the end of my session i just drown the room in Febreeze. Neutradol SPRAY works even better but i cannot find it anywhere in shops.

Bottom line is YES IT SMELLS but the smell is more easily controllable.

12. No where near as bad as smoking does.
    In fact I don't notice much smell at all
    lingering in my room.
    Just a little smell when I exhale. It has
    a pleasant floral smell at first, and
    eventually smells slightly of burnt popcorn.

13. Yes it will smell, but IMHO not as bad as a bong, or other burnt weed which leaves a tar/resinous smell. To combat smell, I use Ozium spray, it also comes in a gel, but it kills any odor very quickly. And a paper towel tube stuffed 3/4 full with dryer sheets, same ideal behind your Hello Neighbor but IMHO better because of the greater surface area. The tube kills the could dank and the Ozium takes care of the residual smell.
    Ozium is sold in automotive stores and is made to remove the smell of smoke from cars. If you have ever boxed a car you know it can take days to get the smell out, but a 2-3 sec blast of Ozium shut the doors leave the car for and hour or so when you come back you'd be hard press to smell anything in the car much less the hot box earlier.

The dryer sheets is a tried and true method it just makes the place smell like laundry which if your dealing with parents might lead to questions

14. Careful with that shit, let the room air out after you've sprayed a significant amount.

15. I COMPLETELY AGREE Ozium is some serious stuff, that's the reason it works so well.

SPRAY AND LEAVE for at least an
    1 HOUR maybe 15 to 20 min with air flow

16. The main benefit I've noticed when vaping is that the smell travels much less, and the smell doesn't "cling" to furniture or rugs, so it clears out MUCH quicker. Mids will barely smell, but high quality goods will still make a decent odor. I live in a basement at the moment, and have yet to have my family say a word to me (They're cool with my use, despite the fact that none of them smoke, as long as they don't smell it inside) about it.

Open window or door +vape + sploof = safety

Even if you forgo the sploof and just exhale, you're looking at 30 minutes to 2 hours of a smell reminiscent of the terps in your bud and cooked popcorn. Not bad at all.

17. Vaporizers smell but not nearly as much as any another smoking method. If you really want to eliminate smell, take larger hits and hold them in longer (you'll exhale less vapor and absorb more cannabinoids) then exhale through a smoke buddy. I usually stuff a bunch of dryer sheets in a roll of paper towels, but you got that covered it seems. This is what I do and it has yet to fail me. Also light a candle or cook a bag of popcorn while smoking and I can guarantee even you won't be able to smell anything.

18. I just bought Scentsy to keep on in my apt, air purifier the window, towel under door and Febreeze suxs ass imo. Bed/Bath works has a strong lemon verbena that's pricy but works also Glade Pine or Fir holiday scent is the bomb

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

19. If you got rid of your Pax and got another portable that didn't stink up the room as much, you wouldn't have to go through all that stuff. The Pax is one of the smelliest portables on the market.

20. Really, you had time to try all of them?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk