Is Supercropping Worth It?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Snowbum415, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Hey all,

I am looking for input from experienced growers about SUPERCROPPING. I am aware of the proper techniques to do it, and I have done it with a previous grow out of necessity because the tallest colas were almost touching the glass on the air cooled reflectors lol. I was growing Sour and let it veg too long/didn't top enough and the plants were like 6 ft high indoors. I know you are not supposed to do it during flower but I had a huge room and went for it because I thought that would be better than the buds getting burnt by the lights...live and learn...

My question is this: If I am going for a continuous grow; i.e. getting new plants ready to flower while the current ones finish so I always have plants flowering, is the time it takes the plants to recover worth the increased yields? And are the yields always increased? I am going for the biggest yields per watt, per time, etc...

Anyone experienced with supercropping have input? And is there any reason I shouldn't supercrop with a SCROG setup?

Thanks for your help!!

2. Correct me if i'm wrong,

Super cropping is a form of High Stress training. I am not a professional grower but i have done a lot of research on growing marijuana and what i have learned is that if your marijuana plant experiences stress during its growing cycle it will effect the final product.

Because of this i choose to Low Stress Train (LST) my plant.

I think if you're running a perpetual grow cycle you wont need to worry about Super cropping. If you have the time and patients to properly LST all your plants then i would go with that. You could even build a SCROG over top and work with that.

I know Super cropping also strengthens the stems A LOT which allows it to hold the buds up better but if you just get some stakes and put them in the pots to hold your plant up. I'm sure they'd like that better than having their body snapped in half

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks, wyx......!

I'm definitely going to do LST and SCROG, but due to limited ceiling space, I also wanted to top at least once. You may be right that supercropping will stress the ladies too much, so I'm a bit apprehensive to do it... Just looking for some feedback. 

Thanks again!

4. We all see things differently but for my needs I think its worth it. I wouldn't do it in bloom though. Get your plant to the height and shape you want it in before flipping

• Like Like x 1
  5. You're wrong!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes its worth it. Always train your plants especially for indoor.

7. Wyx..... Super crop and Lst and scrog 👍

8. Scrog net is simple and very effective, super cropping I would do to control height if it became a issue

9. I just started Supercropping back in May. I have a perpetual harvest 2 room set - up. My yields doubled on my 1st crop.
    Personally, I'm sold on it. Tried Mainlining once, did not think the increase in yield made up for the extra work. Been growing 20+ years and the joy of experimenting is a little dimmed now. Supercropping is easy and my plants seem to recover very quickly. Don't have time for pictures right now, but I will post some later today or tomorrow. Good luck growing, Comrades! Phezisica

• Like Like x 1

10. DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0003 (2).JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

S2400022.JPG

I'm not sure if what I do is really supercropping. All I do is break any branch that get above the rest of the canopy. I do this throughout veg. I don't usually do any during flower, but have on occasion without any negative issues. I do know it made a big difference in my yield. It's real easy, I just break the branch and bend it where I want it to go and tape the break with masking tape. The plant will OFTEN just push the tape off and straighten out! Hard to believe how vigorous they can be! I sometimes add weight to the tips to keep 'em bent.
    I just expanded to a 2 room set up and am not yet at full capacity. Will be soon, though. Just a few pictures of my set - up. Included a picture of my Jewelscope. This thing is awesome for viewing trichomes! I wish I could take photos through it. Oh, yeah! I have been in love with Jeeps for 40 years, now. This is my current beast. 375+ HP 304 V-8! Fully snorkeled with 14 point roll cage, this baby goes! Sorry for getting off subject a little, LOL! Why can't I rotate pictures on here? Anybody help? Phezisica
    S2400009.JPG DSC_0751.JPG

11. Super cropping helped alot with keeping the size of the plants short, and pre trained for when I added my screen, it took 3-4 days for plants to recover from sc

Attached Files:

12. supercrop, lst and scrog are all forms of the same thing...they allow the bottom branches to catch up for an even canopy

13. Yes, proven techniques and well worth it.
    These are six and a half weeks veg. and growing more horizontal instead of vertical, giving you an even canopy.

Attached Files: