Why are we not talking about vaccines?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Knitting Mama, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Same my last shot was probably year 2000 and i have only had the flu about 10 times total since then.
    It is un-wise to place artificial substance in an organic.

2. So you've had influenza almost every year since 2000?

Was it a cold or actually influenza? Because there's a huge difference.

3. Sorry stoned mind i meant got sick/cold/flu/ there all the same to me usually for 3-4 days then Im back to normal.

4. Influenza shouldn't be grouped into the same category as the rhinovirus. It's not a couple day inconvenience

• Like Like x 1
  5. I always thought when you are constantly sneezing and have the fever and what not that is the flu. I've only had that a few times in my life. I guess i just called it being sick as when i did get sick similar things happened to my body. My bad.

6. Honestly if you're going to talk about vaccinating children I think it's best you have one or two first. That chemical cocktail will change the mind of any loving parent. The side affects pamphlet they hand out should make you sweat and feel horrible for putting that inside your little child's body. Who can't even metabolize that shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. AFAIK the symptoms are similar, but a cold is much more mild than the flu. If you're laid up in bed for a week wishing you could just be knocked unconscious until it passes, it might be the flu. :p

And the thing people ignore with the "I've only had the flu x amount of times" argument (I've been guilty of this myself) is that those times you do get the flu, you're putting other people in danger. As a normal healthy adult, the flu will suck but it's probably not going to kill you. It might kill the 80 year old lady you coughed near in the grocery store though.

8. #168 medicatedgenius, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
    I don't do flu shots or vaccines.
    It is a 280billion dollar industry.

People behave in 3 ways towards vaccines.
    They are afraid they may catch something or someone else may catch something they have, so they get a shot.
    They are afraid that all the vaccines and flu shots cause other systemic issues so choose not to.
    They are cynical and question most anything related to commercial and productivity interests where being healthy may or may not be the goal.

I mean if people start showing up in my town with a horrible disease and there is a real outbreak, then I'll consider it, otherwise. I'll pass.

Remember:
    Particular Vaccines may or may not be effective for you.
    Particular Vaccines may or may not have a negative side effect for you.
    Particular Vaccines may or may not have to be repeated.

People need to be allowed to think for themselves and not be bullied either way or coerced regarding vaccines.

I am someone who got very ill from them in the 70's.

9. Svt40 medicated genius. Look it up. The cdc has already admitted that it was used but then retracted their statement. Interesting but frightening read.

Not in our time frame but that's that ingredient then. Not what's being used now

10. The thing is though man, by the time an outbreak occurs it's too late. The fact is most vaccines are very effective at preventing illness, and serious side effects are very rare. The chemicals that are in there are to make sure these inoculations don't get infected by other pathogens before they make it into circulation.

11. I'm sure they are safe to a point for some people, but if you read the disclaimers, you know, like the kind that come your favorite prescription drug, well, I just take my chances. If I get infected, I get infected. Doctors still prescribe antibiotics for kids that have strep, just so they don't pass it along, and so they get back to school, when the fact is, in 10 to 14 days strep is gone regardless of antibiotic treatment. Now, antibiotics are becoming less useful. You know, like chemicals against spider mites and such. Over use, over treatment, etc, when sometimes, the simple things like taking care of yourself, is far more effective.

12. Polio. Small pox. Whopping cough. Measles. Mumps. Rubella.

Shitty thing that greedy vaccine industry injecting awful things into our children's blood (also not correct we don't inject into the blood stream). I miss those diseases. The kids do too.

13. I think I would be more worried about your water depending on where you lived.

14. #174 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016

Edit

15. Completly different topic.

16. The antibiotics thing is kind of apples and oranges though. And statistically, vaccines are much less dangerous and less invasive than other types of pharmaceuticals. If you compare the rates of serious injury caused by vaccinations and say, common painkillers, it's not even close. Vaccines are one of the safest types of medical treatment available.

And the whole stoic attitude of "if I get it I'll let my immune system deal with it on it's own" makes no sense, because all a vaccine is doing is stimulating your immune system to produce antibodies that will recognize and destroy the pathogen when you do come into contact with it. It's literally the same mechanism, except with the vaccination route you don't have to actually contract the disease.

What's frustrating is some people seem to think that a vaccine is a substitute for your natural immune response, when in fact it's the opposite.

• Like Like x 2
  17. To add, vaccines have to go through trails that have twice as many sample size and twice as long in time as pharmaceutical testing.

18. I'm one of the people who got the mumps shot, still got mumps. hard the rubella shot, still got rubella.
    I understand that science is science and I am a huge believer in the methodolgy, I'm just not an active participant when it comes to the greed machine. Might as well be made by Monsanto, they have great science too lol

19. The whole "profit motive" argument is also not very applicable to vaccines, because they have an extremely low profit margin when compared with R&D costs. This is one reason that vaccine shortages are an issue in some places, because vaccinations actually aren't a very profitable thing for a company to produce.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vaccinations are a 200 Billion dollar industry. You can say it isn't applicable, though to me, that is like saying money doesn't corrupt politics or somehow someone isn't going to lie for their piece of a 200 Billion dollar pie. I'm not arguing the validity of vaccinations, I just don't believe in bullying or forcing people to get them. Its a choice thing.