Second grow attempt. Brand new grow tent.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Vource, Feb 5, 2015.

1. #21 Vource, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2015
    No need to stress my baby GIRL :D

Because of your info, help, and diagram I was able to spot a single white hair on the bottom of the plant where the new top-like leaves/branches are growing.

I'll try and get a picture of it but I doubt my camera will focus that close.

Cheers,
    Vource.

2. Nice man yea sometimes they is just one but its their! Glad i was wrong and the info helped.

3. As per your nutrient advice, and since I do plan on vegging this baby for a couple month's longer I did go out, and was able to find exactly the NPK content you advised for vegging. I'll attach a pic. Is the table on here completely accurate? And how do I go about the fertilization process with liquid ferts?

Now I'd like to make this baby as bushy and efficient in production as possible. I've heard of LST, topping, fimming, but really don't know how to go about it at this stage in my girls life.

Any more advice on anything I'll need to know through the growing process please let me know its very much appreciated!

Cheers,
    -Vource

Attached Files:

4. #24 MrBelvedere, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    That fert looks good and very popular here in usa, @TheRealOGkush is right on. Can you send a good pic of the node where she is starting to show sex? I would like to see the whole plant to see how big it is, then I can advise next steps. Thx!

5. Here are the pictures you requested Buddy :)

If any one has any more crucial advice please let me know!

She's about 35 days old, and around 1.5 feet tall.

Cheers,
    ~Vource

Attached Files:

6. #26 MrBelvedere, Feb 8, 2015
    Cool looking good, I do not see any male parts yet on it. When you water it does water drain out the bottom? Do you have any seeds you can sprout?

7. #27 Vource, Feb 8, 2015
    I do have more bag seeds I can sprout and if completely need be I can purchase a fem seed. Why?

And the dirt was more compacted so little water came out, a couple days ago I squeezed the pot around to loosen the dirt/add oxygen and water now does drain out the bottom.

Would the plant not be showing sex because it is still under 24h veg cycle?

At the moment I only have 5500K CFLs at my disposal so I'm not able to put her into bud yet, but I don't think I'd want to do that would I? Should I change the light cycle she's on? To possibly 19/5 or 18/6?

Cheers, and thank you for all the info!

~Vource

8. I was going to suggest germinating like 2 or more 3 seeds, that way you can be pretty sure you get a female....

9. You want plant vigor; Topping, LST, and supper cropping rarely have a place in my op. The only time to top is if you cant get your lghts vertical indoor to bottom branches. humidity is good for them. They look bushy and stacked. They might not need food yet.

So, feed 1/4 dose, and check to see if plant "drank" by lifting the pot the next day or so. If the pot is heavy then it didnt soak it up. If the pot is light you know everything was in line. This is where you get a feel for how much it can take or wants.

10. You can flower with the CFL. She could triple in size during flower. Since its indica it should stay rather short.

11. The best advice i got was from green house seed company: Arjan says during flower, let your medium dry out as much as possible and flush with water.

The "New feed" soaks up better afterwards. 

Those fertz you got will build up salts. Flush with water 3:1 until runoff is clear.

12. #32 Vource, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
    @MrBelvedere @TheRealOGKush I will be starting nutes today. Should I start with the seedling/cuttling dosage? Or 1/4 Strength general purpose or aggressive vegetative growth?

And can I really flower under the 5500K CFLs?

Cheers
    ~Vource

Attached Files:

13. Watered her with ferts for the first time today. The suggested dose age for mild veg is 1 teaspoon (5ml/1L water) so I gave her 2ml just to start her off. Will update in the morning with new pics. I've also noticed the tips of some of the fan leafs start to mildly brown at the tips, this wouldn't be nute burn. What could it possibly be?
    Maybe she just needed some food :)

Also will growing through the whole process with 5500K CFLs affect my yield. First plant so looking to pull at least an ounce

Cheers
    Vource

14. As I promised here are week 4 veg pictures.

I'm also including a picture of a possible deficiency if anyone could let me know if it is something wrong I'd appreciate it.

Watered her yesterday with 1L diluted flora micro 5-0-1 said 1 teaspoon (5ml) but I used 2ml to try it out for the first time.

Am I watering to much for this small plant? She's now almost 1.7ft tall in a 3gallon container. I'll be looking into getting smart pots to transplant into.

Also it is bag seed but I believe it is an OG indica dominant, or sour diesel. Still unsure.

Now for the pictures!
    Cheers,
    Vource

Attached Files:

15. Hi there, you have no deficiency, they look perfect.  Good work!

That FloraGro dosage you used is a perfect first dosage for them. Do you have the FloraBLOOM fertilizer already? You could give it a few ml of BLOOM nutrients... That will get your "P" in NPK up a little bit (cause the VEG has 0 P). 

16. Unfortunately I do not have the flora bloom yet as I'm currently out the money for it, and my local hydro store had no stock last time I was in.
    Will she be OK with the P content? If you'll remember from my main post I topped her soil with some organic 0.18 - 0.15 - 0.19 soil.

Now unfortunately I am having drainage problems, what am I able to do to correct this? As I said I'm currently out the money from buying the tent, lights, fans etc. So I'm unable to purchase perlite or vermiculite to add drainage to my soil.

Thanks for keeping up with the topic guy's. Will be updating regularly, just wish I could edit the post title

And this isn't a deficiency?
    uploadfromtaptalk1423733351937.jpg

The top leaves are all starting to get this light lime green down the main vain/leafs.

Cheers boys,
    Vource.

17. Make more holes in the bottom of your container, and wait for it to dry out. Then water it when it is dry... you will be fine.

18. I did what you had suggested and made more holes in the bottom of the container. I'm now getting great drainage.

My only problem is I now do not know what's going on with my baby. By this I mean:
    uploadfromtaptalk1424293944262.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424293979362.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424294001792.jpg

I'm really perplexed as to what is going on. Any ideas? @MrBelvedere @TheRealOGKush ?

Cheers,
    Vource.

19. Vource i retract what i said about lowering soil PH with pine needles and coffee grounds. Sulfer lowers soil PH but pollutes the environment. PH doesn't mean anything when the soil is alive and buffering the feed water.

Anyhow moving on...

I wasn't updated on this post so im late at responding. Your plant has light burn. Move the lights up a bit and make sure there is lots of cool breezy air flowing through(Fresh air too!)

During flower trim the roots under the plant and add a bag of expensive soil like FFOF(Under the roots). This will do wonders to naturally give your plant food rather than having salt build up in your soil from liquid nutes. 

Salt build up locks out nutes. pure water Flushes will be needed 3 times before every 1 feed. This gives the roots a chance to not drown in the feed.