So, what did you do today?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by WillChives, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Went to outpatient rehab, went to the gym, took a shower, did laundry, hanging with the brothers and about to go to a meeting.

2. I look for some gifts to my friend...what do you think about such fashion jewellery? that looks awesome right?

3. Let's see
    I was watching The Lobster and eating pizza, It seems like a perfect day :)

4. well, nothing. now i'm going to the cafe to meet my friends :)

5. Nothing special at all :mellow: I'm depressed for the last several days so my mood isn't very good... I was busy with my work all the days, as also with the studying because this year I'll graduate my university :cautious:
    The only pleasant thing today was a meeting with one my good friend, we had a nice walk through our city, drank our favourite cappuccino made with the stuff like this one and talked a lot with each other :)
    Now I'm at home, preparing for taking a shower, then I eat smth and will prepare again before my exams :cautious::confused:

6. Pretty good... Re- Upped, smoked, about to go to work though so blah. It's also beginning to rain too. Hopefully things will move slowly today for my sake

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. 20160602_130634.jpg Smoked weed n manicured...

8. Laying around did some theory work of bullshit and contemplating suicide so a normal day for me

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I have been harvesting my potatoes while my husband attempts to kill the bastard gopher that's tearing up my garden. He already wiped out one plant, that MF must die!!

We also helped one of our chickens deliver her first egg!!!! I wasn't expecting this for another month or two. We got them as 2 week old chicks in mid April. We were pacing outside the coop like expectant grandparents lol. It took her a half hour to drop this perfect little egg. They will get bigger. This was just her practice run! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. #30 Storm Crow, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Oh, the joy of the very first egg! :yay: Since I have a few "easter-eggers", we also get the "what color will the egg be?" fun.

My day was quiet. I was up late last night, so I slept in. I had light breakfast and started the day by smoking hash ("Jedi Kush") on top of some "Blue Dream", followed by more hash on some "Orange Bastard" (Agent Orange x ??? seeds). I needed to get stoned because I had to finish up the introduction to the new July 2016 "Granny Storm Crow's List". I do my best writing stoned! :GettingStoned:

Washed dishes. I stayed indoors today because it was just too hot outside. I did go out for about 2 minutes to water my tomato plants. but otherwise, indoors!

They are working on the trailer (FINALLY!), so we have a bunch of construction noise going on. They are re-siding and re-painting and doing some much needed repairs. Fortunately, both of the guys doing the work use cannabis, so we don't have to hide our frequent use while all this is going on! :passing-joint:

Finished up the last of my hash and the introduction, and sent it off to a volunteer here at GC to check it out for any errors. I also sent it off to Deb in Maine, a sweet lady who helps me send the list out to all of you.

(It would be nice if some more of you volunteered to help me out. You just have to PM me you email address, or send me an email at stormcrow(a in a circle)greenpassion.org . I send you back an email with a large attachment. You open it up, wander around, click a few links here and there, and send me back an email saying if everything works OK!)

And once I get the OKs back, I email the List to Anne Marie who does the List's Facebook page. Then with Deb's help, I start emailing it out to a few thousand people all over the world! (takes about a week to do even with two of us) But that's for tomorrow or the next day.

Right now, I'm kicking back! :smoking-banana: And i deserve it! You have no idea how much WORK goes into maintaining and sending out the List! Now that I'm retired, seems like I'm working more than ever! For the last 4 weeks, I have been putting in 10 to 12 hour days!

I made some cannabis-related comments as "Storm" in Yahoo news throughout the day. Got a bunch of "thumbs ups" on my comments, which is always nice. :biggrin:

I made a simple dinner, an old southern favorite- Sausage and pan gravy with big home-made biscuits. Added a salad and a side of corn to round things out. Watched the news. Just more of the same old, same old. :coolalt:

Dinner dishes are still in the sink but they can wait a bit. TV sucks tonight and I'm not that interested in the Olympics. So I think I'll transplant the 2 biggest seedlings into a rubbermaid tub later tonight. They are a tad over-crowded.

My husband has a chest scan coming up on the 22nd. He had an operation for lung cancer in mid-May (53 years of smoking tobacco! ) He seems to be doing OK, but I do worry. He decided against taking chemotherapy and is taking a high CBD RSO instead.

So now, it's 10 til 11, and another round of news is coming on soon. Guess I'll go watch it and see in anything actually interesting is happening.

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1

11. smoked some white widow. relaxed. caught up on some sleep.

12. First I want to say I am sending all the good energy I can muster your way, hoping your husband's chest scan comes back normal. I love my husband dearly; I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Lots of love, sister!

Am I understanding correctly that your hubby is taking CBD RSO in lieu of chemo? I always thought of medical use cannabis as being palliative.

13. Thank you for you good energy. My hubby's cancer was a 5 cm squamous cell tumor. It had not spread into the pleura (the sack around the lungs), and all 20 lymph nodes were clear of cancer. They took out most of the lower half of his left lung.

But it seems that THC and CBD do an amazing trick with lung cancers! They help your body to fight the cancer using your immune system! (The language in this study is a "tad" technical, so I'll just translate it into something closer to plain English.)

(FYI- “Lysis” is the death and decomposition of a cell; “ICAM-1” is intercellular adhesion molecule 1, the “stickiness”; LAK are Killer cells; and “R-Methanandamide” is a synthetic cannabinoid very similar to your body's own endocannabinoid, Anandamide.)

“Cannabinoids Increase Lung Cancer Cell Lysis By Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells Via Upregulation of ICAM-1” (PubMed- 2014) where they show that THC, CBD and R-Methanandamide, all cause cancer cells to become “sticky”, so your immune system's Killer Cells can grab the cancer cells more easily and destroy them! Interestingly, the cannabinoids “ignore” healthy lung cells, so your Killer Cells just go after the “sticky” cancer cells!

The abstract concludes- "Altogether, our data demonstrate cannabinoid-induced upregulation of ICAM-1 on lung cancer cells to be responsible for increased cancer cell lysis by LAK cells. These findings provide proof for a novel antitumorigenic mechanism of cannabinoids."

Because of this effect, "cannabis-only" smokers have the same low rate of lung cancers as non-smokers! :weed:

“Cannabis smoking and lung cancer risk: pooled analysis in the International Lung Cancer Consortium” (PubMed- 2013) where “Our pooled results showed no significant association between the intensity, duration, or cumulative consumption of cannabis smoke and the risk of lung cancer”.

RSO has even been described as an "effective treatment" for very nasty form of leukemia!

“Cannabis extract treatment for terminal acute lymphoblastic leukemia with a Philadelphia chromosome mutation” (PubMed - 2013) A quote from the case study- "Cannabinoid resin extract is used as an effective treatment for ALL with a positive Philadelphia chromosome mutation and indications of dose-dependent disease control. The clinical observation in this study revealed a rapid dose-dependent correlation." (The girl does die- not from leukemia, but rather from the after-effects of her previous chemo and radiation treatments! Her leukemia was responding to the RSO!)

Did you know that you are FAR less likely to die of a head trauma than a non-user of cannabis?

“Overall mortality was 9.9 per cent, however, mortality in the THC(+) group (2.4%) was significantly decreased compared with the THC(-) group (11.5%)” from “Effect of Marijuana Use on Outcomes in Traumatic Brain Injury” (PubMed - 2014)

We get to skip Alzheimer's, too!

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” From “Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's” at WebMD- 2006.

There is SO very much more to cannabis than just "getting high"! Can I interest you in a copy of my "Granny Storm Crow's List", so you can learn more about this absolutely amazing plant?

To get a free copy (all 3,000+ pages of links to news articles and studies), just send me a PM here at GC. :gc_rocks: OR, you can email me directly at stormcrow(a in a circle)greenpassion.org ! :yay:Either way, I send you back an email with the List as an attachment. You open it up, look for the sections that interest you, and start reading. I do NOT "spam" people or sell names, and you only hear from me twice a year, when I send you a free update of the List. The only exception to this is if you are a "big time activist" and something big, like Elvy Musikka getting arrested, happens. (Look up her name for more surprises! :eek2:)

My offer of a free copy of my "Granny Storm Crow's List" is open to all GC blades and bladies. :gc_rocks:All you gotta do is ask!

Granny :wave:

14. music, working, boring

• Like Like x 1
  15. Today I was in my university, needed to take some important documents :rolleyes: That I went to the shp for buying some products and after that I was busy with work till the late evening! :D

16. Staying in a hotel in Rochester, Minnesota at the Mayo complex since 9/5. I'm an outpatient for dog bites and had a heart attack about a week ago at infusion center.

7am: Had an infusion of Vencomycin.

9am: Appointment for last wound treatment.

10am: Met with doctors and Infectious disease staff regarding my release. Really wanted to go home today...but they said my white cell count is still high and I need more antibiotics thru Monday.

12pm: Walked back to hotel and got a Jimmy John's tuna sammich for later. Slept til 6p.

7p: Took an infusion of Vencomycin and Erdipenum.

9p: Ate my sammich and took an Ativan to relax.

10pm: Snuck in bathroom with a small roach of Forbidden Kush, got in about three nice tokes and got high. Just relaxing and ready to do it again tomorrow.

17. I spent my whole day writing today, now i've come to GC to write some more.

18. It's Friday, so I'm always at work.
    Been here since 1030 am, will leave at 11 pm.

Lot of customers buying me drinks though.

90 more minutes and I'm outta here!

19. Got to work late, was hung over as hell. Did about an hour of work and went to lunch. Was so hung over I went home and took a nap.

Got up, had some coffee with cannaoil and went to my bartending job. Things were much better tonight.

20. Yard work, took my little pupper to the vet as she has congenital hip and knee issues. She had hurt herself somehow and was in so much pain she was shaking and whimpering. Little 7.5 pound shih tzu named Lilly. I call her asspain all the time though. She is highly deserving of that moniker.