Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking Resin is equivilant to eating shit

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by nacher7g, Jan 30, 2015.

1. #21 puddleglum, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015

Cannabis in its raw form may or may not contain carcinogens.

However, burning or charring any plant material absolutely 100% does create carcinogens in the process.

If you take a hit (not that I am recommending this) then the worst stuff stays behind in the bowl, and the smoke is only in your lungs for a few seconds. If you eat that shit then the entire nastiness is inside your body being absorbed for up to 24 hours.

2. Ok go ahead and not smoke it then, nobody's making you. Some people can't afford to always have bud and they enjoy getting that extra free smoke out of their expensive weed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. My comments were entirely on topic to the thread title. Feel free to start a pro-resin thread if you like. :)

4. Ahh but I never said burnt weed ;)

5. #25 nacher7g, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    carcinogens as in the ones produced by combustion of the bud

if you set anything on fire some of its byproducts are more than likely carcinogenic

6. I've gotten high as tits on resin. My bad for not being a privileged pothead living in legal states. I can't get high grade weed whenever I want and sometimes my dealers don't even text back, so I go with what I got.

7. #27 Mr_Krabs, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    If you use a bong and a screen so ash doesn't contaminate the resin that deposits in the stem of the bowl and the downstem, the resin is actually pretty much condensed smoke. It has the consistency of really soft oily wax. But it will most certainly get you high. I tried collecting it and doing a dab before. It is about as potent as a low grade BHO run, but the high is surprisingly still a good clean high, no headaches. As for the taste, it tastes bad for sure, but really if you're willing to smoke a joint a day after it has already been half smoked, that's the taste. Just old burned weed. It's the screen that does it, you don't want ash contaminating your resin because it will make it taste really bitter and give you a headache.

8. You're joking, right? "Low grade BHO run"? Resin is disgusting and is no where near BHO of any quality.

9. So...getting lung cancer is enjoyable? You must have a hell of a time in the cancer ward.

10. Read more carefully. I said the high is as clean as low grade BHO. I've had some nasty stuff that wasn't purged and was made with less than pure butane and basically garbage trim, possibly moldy. It may have tasted ok like BHO but the contaminants and lack of purging gave me a bad headache after.

Whereas resin from my bong which I smoke only top shelf weed that's been properly grown and cured, even though it tastes like an old burned joint, the high was clean and headache free.

You can most definitely collect resin but like any concentrate quality can vary. Hell you can even give it a BHO run to further refine it if you want. Just saying resin can vary in quality just as much as any concentrate and there are valid ways to reuse it if you smoke good weed and allowed the resin to collect cleanly and not be contaminated with ash. Also I've noticed if you pack you bowl tighter and corner the bowls the subsequent resin is almost transparent. And specifically on my custom made joint smoker which I've designed to vaporize cannabis in a joint before burning the plant matter, the collected resin was actually cleaner and clearer than iso-hash that I've made and again clean high, just bad taste.

http://forum.grasscity.com/other-toking-tools/1347470-necessity-mother-invention.html

[​IMG]

You can see the collected resin is surprisingly clear, definitely ash free. Some people who use vape bags will tell you iso-washing the bags yields very high quality resin.

11. Burnt weed does.