Star Wars: Battlefront

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Bluntzilla420, Jan 29, 2015.

1. I have it on pc...servers are all really bad and only a few levels to play. No story mode either. I wouldn't buy it again

2. I've got it on pc as well but don't understand everyone's problems on the servers, I've never had a issue that wasn't traced back to my connection. Other than that you are spot on though, but I got it during the sale on origin so I believe I got my moneys worth, definitely wouldn't have paid full price for it.

3. Very true, could be my connection. But when I log off of battlefront due to non-stop lag and log immediately onto black ops 2 - I have zero issue. It's a shame bc I'm a big star wars fan and enjoyed playing it, when it was playable. I didn't really purchase it, twas a gift, but knowing what I know now for my personal setup, I wouldn't go again. Not trying to turn anyone away, just giving my experience. Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Black ops 3***

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Hmm that is strange if black ops 3 is working, wouldn't imagine that Battlefront would be to much more demanding connection wise, only thing I can think of (though I am not to tech savvy) would be needing to open certain ports for Battlefront. I have absolutly no idea which ports would need to be opened or even how to, but Google can help you with that if you are interested.

5. #266 whack-a-mole, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
    I'll be honest, I haven't looked much into it. I may do a little research... maybe explore my router configuration. I don't expect any difference, but I will definitely post here if I find out anything. I haven't tested a wired ethernet connection either. Tons of variables between here and wherver these servers are being hosted unfortunately.

6. Haha, well, ports are the first thing i always see people recommending for these kinds of issues but sounds like you didnt need to hear it from me. :p

Wish you the best of luck with your troubleshooting!

7. #268 whack-a-mole, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016
    I appreciate it though. It gives me somewhere to begin my search. I can't really say I've ever dealt with a server issue like this for any of my games. Star wars was the easiest thing to blame :)

8. So anyone on Origin still playing this?

9. Anybody on PS4 playing this? Tired of playing with randoms, and wouldn't mind some trophy-hunting or just hanging out. My PSN is "gransport".

10. I've been playing Battlefront on PS4 since release and having a blast. Was getting tired of the annual COD rinse and repeat so Battlefront was a good change of pace shooter for me.

11. this is $30 on the Xbox store right now

12. still too high

13. #274 Deleted member 822515, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    50% of original retail for a half assed game seems right on point to me

Buy the season pass for $30 and you paid $60 for the full game. I bet the season pass goes on sale when the dlc starts dropping too

edit: just realized the season pass is $50. def wouldnt buy that if it wasnt on sale

14. I love how everyone is dissing this game.
    Just sit back and actually take a look at it.

Let's talk about a few things, retail new this game runs about $60 for the standard edition.
    Which is the price of a normal game.

Is it worth the $60?
    Absolutely....

Sure the game has no real single player campaign, but take a look at what it does have, and what it does have is completely well done.

The graphics on consoles alone... Are fantastic.
    Everyone was dissing the trailer for this game saying it was shit and fake.
    But now that the games out and you guys had a chance to look at it you can quickly realize these are some of the best graphics a game could offer.
    The game is absolutely gorgeous.
    The map designs are HUGE and beautiful.
    Like Hoth and Endor are completely so well done.

The game is mainly online multiplayer, this isn't even close to being a bad thing. If you don't have Internet connection then don't buy it unless you don't mind playing with bots.

The game offers several AMAZING modes.
    One where you either take down two atats or you have to guide them to the Rebels base.
    One where you have to secure all the drop pods,
    One where you need to dominate the whole map,
    One that's like capture the flag but it's capture the moving Druid,
    One where you get to be luke or any other hero and kill all the non heros
    Let's not forget the space combat.
    Most gamemodes you can ride vehicles and y wings ,ect.

Sure it's missing the enter galactic battles where you take over each others base in space but I have no doubt that ea will add that in as a dlc later.

Plus people are giving ea a lot of shit about dlc when the dlc they released was free and it come with a game mode and several maps.
    And I read they plan on releasing more free dlc.

The production of this game was so well done, way better than a lot of games that have been coming out recently.

The graphics are amazing,
    The sounds are stunning,
    The maps are gorgeous,
    The game modes are solid as fuck,
    The core gameplay is well done,
    The gun balance is there but it needs work ( you get the gun that does the most damage by getting the deluxe edition??)
    Let's not forget the music

Everything about this game screams $60 retail price

And if that doesn't do the trick for you, Sony recently put it on sale for $30
    And i bet steam and xbl are doing the same.

Also, when you kill someone the way they die is AWESOME

15. ^good graphics, minimum content.

16. It's actually got a lot of content for what it's worth lol.
    Especially since ea wants to continue to release more free dlc

It's worth the $60 payment. It's really well put together
    And you can say "graphics don't make a game " all you want, but if a game released in 2015-2016 doesn't have amazing graphics then everyone will bitch,
    Everyone's always got something to bitch at.

Like look at the first two pages of this forum topic.
    "Bf4 has too much content"
    Now it's "sw:bf doesn't have enough content"

Bf has just the right amount of content, it could use another game mode that bf2 had but still. Amazing game worth the $60

17. You going to lose more people that like playing war games .. than you will gain from showing starwars fans a shooter game imo. Fix up dice

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #279 bwood, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016

Sorry but I stopped reading there.

LOL.

This is why the gaming industry is shit and getting worse every year. People fucking allow shit like this to happen and they embrace it and swim in the filth making fucking filthy shit snow angels.

May we all luck out and a fucking meteor will hit EA headquarters.

Only way it could possibly be worth fucking 60 dollars is if all the dlc content, literally all the fucking dlc and other horseshit money grubbing garbage was released with the actual game. Even then it would still be a buggy piece of shit that isnt worth the hard drive space it takes up.

19. Lol chill out dude.
    It's a good game.
    It's not buggy at all lmfao. I have been playing this game like every day since I got it and havnt run into a single bug.
    Unlike battle field 4, that game was made up of bugs they didn't even fix before making a new game.

Battle front is an amazing game, it looks amazing and plays amazing, I feel like I'm actually watching a StarWars movie.

Atleast they brought us a new StarWars game and didn't even half ass that shit.
    Game is a triple a title and deserves to be recognized unlike shit like call of duty, destiny, shit like that.
    This game is bad ass and if you don't like it then no one is forcing you to play it lol.