First time with E- cig tincture, HELP

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by legitlegos, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Hello all i am in dire need of assistance. Recently, a buddy and I used 2 ounces of some fine herb (just wait for it), on a marijuana e cig tincture recipe on youtube,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfojbgLm1lc  

hoping to be able to vape our weed so that we can stay mobile. we followed the recipe and formulas to a t and now after trial testing, its not working. First problem was the bud is saturated as hell and pressing the tincture out, we aren't getting anywhere close on the yield and the bud is stick dripping with it. obviously the second problem is it's just not effective and doesn't appear to do nearly anything, had friends with extremely low tolerances try it as well and same thing.

Through the process of brainstorming the only outcome i see fit is trying to make cannabutter with a slow cooker method. adding everything and just pretty much setting it on low for 12 hours, stirring occasionally. Any videos or links for a method would be extremely helpful on how to save this bud from a nightmare scenario. any tips or questions about the process, there's detailed instructions and process in the comments and description of the video. We don't wish to let the bud just stay as it is, oh also i rolled a blunt and seemed to get high but its hard to tell, not like a normal blunt. any advice!! thanks alot extremely grateful!   

will post pictures later! 

2. #2 steadyglobbin, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    Don't try and make butter with it, you'll prob get sick. Just throw it out and chalk it as a loss. By now that soaked weed is ruined anyway and will prob mold soon. Trial and error man. I'm guessing you used some sort of vegetable glycerin (video won't play) and I wouldn't wanna smoke any weed that's been soaked in that, harmful or not.

3. #3 Scubbasteve, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
    I make e-liquid all the time for my mother since she doesn't like to smoke bud. I cant say exactly what went wrong with your tincture, however, I can say that e-liquid doesn't give you the same high as smoking bud or other extracts do. I can write out my recipe and e-mail it to you if you would like. PM me if interested. I usually use sugar leaf and it turns out pretty good.

To save your tincture, use it sublingually like an alcohol tincture. Put a few drops under your tongue and leave it there for about 30 seconds or so to let your saliva glands absorb the cannabinoids. Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol are safe and both are used in foods you eat everyday so there is no need to worry about bad side effects or toxins. It probably wont taste very good though.

Edit: So I don't get ignorant comments since I posted about my mother. I am a grown ass man (Marine Corps Vet) who yes lives with my mother bc of her medical conditions. I have no shame in living with my mom at all and neither should anyone here.