Purple train wreck / Blue dream 2200w flood n drain

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015.

1. #1 jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
    Welcome GC peeps, pull up a chair.
    I've been runnen variations of this technique for about 20 years now. Hopefully I've picked up a few things along the way.
    The plan is to veg for five days, then get to flowering. Typically, i try to only work with one strain at a time . However, it's very nice to have variety and these two ladies should be pretty close in their needs. Hopefully flowering will be c omplete in approximately 60 days.

Let there be light!

I'll be using 1x 1000 HPS
    Power trip ballast &GE lucolux bulb.
    2 X 600w HPS future bright ballast
    GE Bulbs. Two cool tubes and one artic sun hood . Gonna upgrade to Hortilux bulbs soon.

Attached Files:

2. #2 jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
    I custom build my own table from scratch with 2x6 , plywood 3/4 , and 4x4 for leg support. This particular one is 77 x 33 .My res is a 27 gal tuff tote. The table is lined with 4 layers of black plastic. I cut out a hole fit for a standard sink drain. I put a valve on the bottom side of the table to control flow. The pump is a big ass stainless 1/2 hp submersible pump. Think it pushes 3300 gal/hr .
    I hook that to a garden hose that empties into the opposite side of table. The table has shims under the legs creating a pitch. The table is filled with a shitload of hydroton that i just spent forever cleaning.

Attached Files:

3. #3 jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015
    I use an encore cyclestat timer. The res will pump every two hours. It will take approximately 4 min to fill. It will drain between 20 -30 min.
    PPM and PH will be monitored daily by blue hanna primo and Milwaukee sms 120 ph meter.

Attached Files:

4. Nice setup. That hydroton is a pain to get all the dust off.

Excited to see this in action.

5. Table is then covered with styrofoam. 3x3 holes cut out for rockwool cubes. I'm putting 33 ladies on this one.

Attached Files:

6. #6 jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015
    Co2 .. The room will be maintained at 1500 ppm with the assistance of a 20 lb tank and an autopilot controller. Deadband will stay at 150

Attached Files:

7. Whats shaking bacon?

Looks like a helluva set up in the works.
    Subbed up...

8. OoOoOhHhH, in early on this one.

Definitely pulling up a chair.

What are you doing for nutrients?

What kind of yield do you expect?

9. Thanks letter. I feel like i spent the last week doing nothing but cleaning rocks. They have been sitting in my last table full of decaying roots and nute residue. It was a nightmare. I wanted to go buy new stuff so bad but couldn't justify buying AGAIN !
    my advice to anyone that plans to reuse their rocks, clean em right when you're done using them.
    Im excited to finally see this in action too!

10. Welcome happy and sauce! I'm using a combo of nutes. Base is gonna be h&g line. I'll get more into that in my next few posts I'll have the girls in by tomorrow. Here's one new thing ive been using. Replacing hygrozyme. That big bottle was 12$ at Lowe's. I'm almost positive its the same shit.

Attached Files:

11. Oh, yeild, I'd be really happy with at least 3.5. Oh ya, seeds are from Humboldt!! Love their genetics!!

12. #12 jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    I'll control temps by using this squirrel cage fan sucking heat from the lights and since its super cold here, I'll blow that heat into my air ducts . I still need to get a charcoal or carbon filter to deal with odor. But I'm not there quite yet.

Attached Files:

13. Looks like an awesome setup, following this thread for sure!

14. #14 jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015
    A few things.....
    Here's two of the blue dream moms that birthed my babies. I had them in my table room and need to find a new hang out for them. Since my space is somewhat limited, I've decided to keep one as a mom which should be sufficient for future needs, and I'll simply set the other next to the table and let her finish . First pic is keeper mom. Second is bout to flower.

Attached Files:

15. Here are my purple train wreck moms. I'll do the same with these. Keeping the second and finishing the first.. Check out the roots on one of these. It completely absorbed my air stone. I've always put equal emphasis on the health and growth of the roots as i would in the top,!

Attached Files:

16. This is the valve i attach to drain to control flow. The attached tube simply makes it quite when draining.

Attached Files:

17. looking good dude! I almost went with flood and drain but I grabbed some blumat units instead. Haven't implemented them yet. Soon.

18. #18 jerryg420, Jan 23, 2015
    This room used to be a half bath. There is a hole in the floor where the plumbing used to go out and would attach to the drain stack in garage. Since its really cold right now, i put this hepa air filter / fan over the hole and it sucks up cold fresh clean air and aids in keeping temps down. With 2200watts in such a small space, that can be challenging. I prefer to build my own tables cause i can make any size custom to the space I'm working with.

Attached Files:

19. The babies ... They will be in today! 33 total. There is one bubble gum kush from bulldog seeds. I also have two moms of that strain as well but want to c it perform before i commit.

Attached Files:

20. I was just reading about the blumat systems, they seem very cool. I've been playing w flood / drain for a very long time. I like to stick with what works well and what i know or are most comfortable with. I'd love to see those blumats in action when u get em going.