Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to growing, wife has fibromyalgia. Advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Ed_Teach, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Hi,

I'm new to the forum and to the world of cannabis growing. We have turned to cannabis after reading many stories of people with chronic pain and fibromyalgia that was helped by it. She has been on lyrica for her fibro and it's helped but not without some bad side effects. What method would work best for her some relief smoke,vape,oils or edilbles? She's not looking to get really high or stoned at all. She still needs to be able to function and tend to our children. I've not bought any seeds or equipment so any advice in that area would be great. We live in our own home in a subdivision so growing outside is out.  Also we don't live in a mmj friendly state, I've already read the 3 rules to not getting caught and I believe that if there followed we'll be fine. Any adive will be appreicated.

Thanks!

2. Hey there,

What could help a lot are the "cold" or inactive versions of THC and CBD, THC-A and CDB-A. There's a lot to read about them but the basic gist is that she could take a much higher dosage and reap the medical benefits of that higher dosage without getting the high or stone from it. It all comes down to decarboxylation, one of the basic chemical processes to understand with cannabis.

http://www.badkatscannapharm.com/#!photo-tutorials/cqnr

This chick BadKat has got recipes and tutorials all over GC and a few other places, and her guides are pure gold. Check out her site and read a couple of the basic guides, like for the hash capsules, the glycerin tincture, and definitely the cold carboxyl intact oil guide.

Working with her advice can get you higher quality products than many dispensaries would sell, and definitely much cheaper.