Which vape pen for DRY herb is best?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ThePurpleBottle, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Hey all -- 

I generally use the MFLB, but I'd really like to get a pen so I can vape more discreetly (I have small hands and the MFLB isn't that stealthy for me in public). I don't have access to waxes/oils, so it needs to work for dry material. Any suggestions for the best one to buy that won't break immediately or burn the herb? Ideally I'd like to keep it around the $100 range. 

2. You should build your own from scratch, get some pieces from new different models that wiuld fit and make a super vape. You can get your super smoke clouds. Get super blazed, and you can modify it to mever let the smell of resin out! Or that good ass burnt weed smell.. that shit smells good huh

3. That seems way too advanced for me, haha. I'm not that crafty. 

I'm sorry, PB, but at that price range, it ain't gonna happen.   You can get a vape and use it like an electric pipe and combust but it isn't going to vaporize properly.

5. Blehhh that sucks. So how much do you think I'd need to spend to get a good pen? Or is this just a losing battle? 

The T-Vape is your best bet at 180  >>> http://www.squaresmoke.com/index.php/t-vapepage

Thanks dude! 180 isn't too bad, as long as it really works. I'm just worried about spending too much since I've heard bad things about dry herb pens in the past. I guess I'll either pay up or try to be creative & crafty.  :unsure:

8. #8 SlightlyStonedSD, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
    if you're willing to pay up take a look at the Arizer Air. It's a new product with lots of good reviews, personally I love it. It's small and discreet, made for dry herb, and the price is coming down now from $260 to less than $200 from some vendors.

edit- that t-vape looks pretty good too, and it's probably smaller.

9. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm probably gonna go with the T-vape.

10. #10 Sade, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2015
  11. Let us know how it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I def will! Working on my stash at the moment and then I plan on ordering the T-vape. I like that you can customize the length. 

13. The Cloud V Phantom (the old version or the premium). These can usually be found between $100-130, and are as good as it gets. There are several reviews on youtube.

14. #14 lwien, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015

Just saw VapeCritic's review on this and while I don't put much credence into his reviews he did state that this vape has a set temp of 428F which to me, is totally unacceptable for a vaporizer.   That temp is too high.   Toxins like benzine and carbon monoxide begin to be released at 390 and become significant at 392F and one of the main reasons for vaporizing is to eliminate those toxins.    Not only that, but at that temp the taste will begin to diminish at the end of your very first hit.
    http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/Study-Shows-Vaporizers-Reduce-Toxins-in-Marijuana-Smoke

The T-Vapes temp is also kinda high, but a set temp of 428F for a vaporizer is ridiculous.

15. #15 King718, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
    I never heard anyone comment on the T-Vape I heard it works good though.
    You can vape joints too lol seems like a cool feature if a friend of yours had one rolled and yall wanted to vape instead

Edit: I know you have small hands but are you using the MFLB without the stem when trying to be stealth?
    I never heard anyone run into this problem lol.

Thanks for the info, lwien. I'm not too well versed in the appropriate temperatures and such. Aside from my personal MFLB use, I've only vaped with friends and their gear. 

Wellllll yes I've usually been using the stem because I feel like when I don't, the MFLB is too hot against my lips. 1st world problem, I know, haha. Plus I like to collect as much honey as possible in the stem for later use. But even without the stem, the battery still makes the box a little too bulky for me. I'm a 5'2" woman with baby hands, lol.  Kristin Wiig Baby Hands.jpg

17. I'm pretty satisfied with my MFLB as a whole, but I figured with the rise of e-cigs, using a pen vape in public (like at concerts and such) wouldn't be so suspicious anymore. 

18. Lmao thats funny, but good look with your find for a T-Vape.

I agree the box does get really hot even with the stem.

I only hit mine with multiple micro-hits.   Really helps to cool things down.

Hey lwien, since you seem like an experienced MFLB user, can I ask you a slightly off-topic question? Do you have the plug-in adapter? I've been using the same batteries that came with the set for over a year. They still work pretty well, but need to be re-charged often. I'm considering buying the adapter for at home use, but wasn't sure if the cost was worth it. Any opinions?