Best LED light company?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by mrvegas, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Currently I'm using 2x Mars II 400W in a 3,5 ft x 3,5ft tent, but am looking for something better. I narrowed my choice down down to 4 lights.

2x XTE 400 from Advanced led
    1x DS XML 350 from Advanced led
    1x Budmaster II 675 O.D.
    1x Budmaster II 300 G.O.D.

Price wise they are almost the same.

I've been looking to other manufacturers as well, but I keep coming back to these 2 companies. Does anybody has experiences with one or more of these lights? Or which one would you recommend and why?

I live in the Netherlands, so the country of origin does not matter to me. Whether it's made in the UK or the US its the same for me. 

Greetings.

2. Correction: 2x XTE 200 instead of 2x XTE 400 

3. Out of those choices, I would go with the 2x XTE 200's. With LED I've found that the more LED coverage meaning the more spread out your LED's are, the more even the coverage. I am definitely a fan of more smaller wattage LED's than 1 higher wattage led. I think the 2x XTE 200's would be ideal [​IMG]

I use the XTE's myself and love them.... and have tried a bunch of different brands and models.

IMG_20150507_145643.jpg

4. Hi Icemud,

I'm glad you are replying, because i have read and seen quite a lot of your reviews and PAR measurents. Than I know for sure somebody with experience is replying ;-)

Have you ever tried a Budmaster II 675 O.D. Series or do you know somebody who has? It looks like the PAR readings of a Budmaster are even better than the XTE when I search the internet. Also the coverage area of a Budmaster 675 would be a bit bigger. This I have to take into account, because I might get a bigger tent in the future, but first a new light.

The downside of Advanced led is that they don't have a distrubitor in Europe (as far as I know). Therefore shipping costs are quite expensive and when I have bad luck I have to pay customs duty as well. But their lights seems great as well and they are not some kind of reseller of a rebranded chinese light.

Keep up the good work you are doing. Thanks!

5. What about area 51 or hans panels by bonsai hero I've herd nothing but great things about both of these light company's

6. #27 ClaudKLyons, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    Many companies are exist which offer led lights to to choose a best one is a difficult task. According to my opinion the market is changing.[SIZE=110%]Mr16 Led Bulbs are very good in use[/SIZE][SIZE=100%] [/SIZE]Like greenhouses, everybody now wants one. Good luck in your pursuit and let us know your decision, because I want the answer also.

7. I have made up my mind and will go with a Budmaster. They have quite a lot reviews and all positive. I also emailed advanced led twice, but did not get any reply. This made my choice easier. 

8. Hey Realstyles, really respect the DIY panels you are making. I was curious, have you every put your panel up head to head with any "on the market" LED panels?

Also, have you ever taken PPFD or PAR readings of your panels, I would be curious to know how the CXB chips spread the light compared to standard 3w and 5w diodes.

9. man i have 7 tabs up right now, each "the best" led grow light. its just so hard because now a days we are using all these readings and talking about spectrums and all of this stuff that makes great reading.......but f the reading, i wanna do some buying and there are just so many damn choices.

I guess all this technology is just too fast for us now, used to be you could see several grows by the same person and make your decision. I can't talk down on Amare, Advanced, Platinum, Budmaster, SpecKing, LumiGrow, Growblu (nobody talked these) because I have seen most of them put out awesome results! but it would just be so great to make a purchase knowing i won't be looking at someone's thread in a month and realizing i wasted nearly $1000.

I feel like I've been doing my research pretty well but i don't feel much closer to an answer. SolarSpecs and Advanced may be winning...platinum looks sexy....i don't even know about the rest, who has some pics??

10. Yes I have and I'm running them at 186watts per panel right now due to summer so the test I did wasn't at it's full potential.
    At 6" 1439 umols at 12" 787 umols and at 18" 454 umols plus I've used Mars II panels and I see a major difference. I'm still trying to figure out the new Cree CXB 6500k on how I'm gonna incorporate them to the 3500k for resin production.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #33 Peflora, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    Anybody selling burple lights is taking advantage of the collective ignorance. A lie told a thousand times is still a lie. For all intents and purposes, the sun is white, hps and hid are too, which have been used successfully for decades, so why buy a burple led?

12. man you can say that but i was at the BlackDogLED booth at the denver cannabis cup and they had some rock hard beautiful looking buds, fact! i'm not saying i'm going out to get a black dog, really don't even have them in the running, but their "burple" light is putting out some quality, heavy nugs.

how can you talk trash about these people trying out new tech in this expanding the market. Just stick with a 1000w hps if you want to be like the past "successful for decades" growers.... i just got a mars in all white and love it for veg but don't see why we all can't just get along and run these awesome whites with some supplemental "burple"? i just wanna try it ALL

wait, next we will hear brown light is the only way to grow and everybody else is fucking up,

• Like Like x 1
  13. I get solid frosty dank and delicious buds from Mars.
    "Not enough par for my hazes"?
    It's plenty for mine.

Attached Files:

14. It's strange somehow that I never see the HS1 series in "best leds". @Mbe: for that space bro I reccomand 2 HS1 series with 90x90 lens. 150w total power from bouth.. I will pick up mine tomorrow and will order 3 more. I saw only good reviews.

15. "MAN" you should investigate what my experience is before assuming I'm an led hater.

While I DIDN'T come out and say white leds are the way, I certainly implied it.

I have used both BML SPYDR 600 (revegging with it now) which I chose the spectrums (95% white) and used Amare Tech 100/150/260 which are ~ > 80% white. Deep blue and reds are used to tweak the peaks, not to be them exclusively.

16. Well the HS1 does look like a nice light, but their par readings just can't compete with a budmaster. I only found one or two reviews of the HS1 and not much more. My feeling says that a 75 watt light cannot provide enough power, but my feeling can be misleading. I am going for a BM but am not certain which type, can't make up my mind between the 450 GOD or the 675 OD.

17. Wow... That is 3 HS1 my man. Good luck, I shure hope is better for you my man!!

18. mannnNNnnn it sounded like you were hating

Yeah i just got a white LED but just know this MARS in all white deff won't pump out the buds like i want it to..

yeah i think that's where it's at, having something that will really pump out the white light and then having veg and bloom switches to turn on for those different times. i have not seen any grows with those SPYDER lights how did you like it? Those Amare Tech look like they may be my next move, how did you like those??