Florida MMJ for 2016. New proposal

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by well highdrated, Jan 9, 2015.

1. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article5641164.html

this whole article is awesome.. basically two rich guys going at it. one pro-pot sinking in 4 mil the other anti-pot sinking in 5.5 mil and basically causing the original amendment to fail.

it has a nice comparison of 2014 vs 2016 amendments. basically as you'd expect they made it more restrictive. 

one thing that jumps is the change from 2014 to a more strict version:

in the previous version it was a lot more open by saying "pretty much any other condition considered by the doctor".

and now you can't grow your own.

2. it's really the same, who's to say whats debilitating. Just makes all the dumbasses feel like not anyone can get it.

http://www.unitedforcare.org/petition heres the link to the petition.

3. If this is true, they're going in the wrong direction and caving into the prohibitionist reefer madness propaganda. They haven't updated the new ballot language on their website, so I don't know where the Miami Herald is getting their information from. We had 58% of the vote in a non presidential election year. That's huge! No other marijuana initiative in the nation received that percent of the vote. Ever. The new ballot language should be less restrictive. We will get the votes in 2016.

I wouldn't think for a second that once this initiative passes in florida getting a med card is going to be easy. Finding a doctor that's willing to write prescriptions for minor ailments will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. They're not going to risk their practice and get sued. So reality check; you are going to have a debilitating disease in order to get a prescription. You are going to have to have LOTS of money to get in the business of growing it.

When it comes to medical marijuana, it's not for me, it's for them. I'm currently disease free, aside from having to live in Florida. That alone should be a justifiable medical condition, so let's just legalize it and be done with this issue.

4. LMAO. I do have a conditions that would get me a card easy. I didn't read it in the Miami herald it was the Orlando sentinel and it was the same. I blame what happen with it not passing on the voters who constantly re elect the same people, that's why no legislation can make it through. In Feb. there submitting legislation but I haven't read anything it says.

5. there was no reason to make it more restrictive. just to spend a little more going against the opposition.
    whoever wins the media war, is going to get the most votes. 

either way i don't see it not passing in 2016. it was all too close last year.

i think whatever passes will be good overall it's another state with mmj program. gives yet more momentum to eventual legalization. 

6. Ya in the long run all I want is it to pass which I don't see why it wouldn't

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum