Seeds in bud. May have pollinated my clone. What do I do now

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Cableguy2006, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Hey everybody. I started growing a plant from seed at the same time I was growing an og kush clone. Obviously the clone was a known female. Long story short, I was traveling and a friend was taking care of the plants for me and I discovered after seeing picture updates of the plants a couple weeks after leaving, the one grown from seed was clearly a male plant. He chopped the plant down immediately and I continued flowering the clone. I saw white pistils and what not and the buds started to fatten. I snipped a tiny bud site from the bottom last night to investigate the buds only to discover a ton of seeds. Also at one point my heater in the grow box went hay wire so on a couple seperate occasions the temp reached about 84f before I could correct it. I guess what I'm asking is should I continue the flowering cycle to let the seeds mature?
    Are the seeds even female? I'm 90% sure the male pollinated the female plant. Is the bud still smokable after removing the seeds?
    What's the best way to remove seeds and keep some Smokable buds? Are the seeds from this plant worth planting? They're big fat black seeds with veins. They look awesome. Although there's plenty of seeds that are still green and soft. I know this is a ton of information but this is my first grow so any and all information is very valuable to me right now. P. S. If anybody wants to provide their opinion I'm curious as to how much longer flowering may be for me. I switched light cycles on November 28th.

Attached Files:

2. They'll just be regular seeds not fem.
    Yeah the bud is still smoke able man. I'm gonna guess 3-4 weeks left in flower. Best to spend $15 on a 60-100x scope so you can see the what the trichs are looking like.
    As for removing the seeds just chop, dry and cure the plant like normal then when you're breaking up they'll fall right out. Wanna let then ripen as much as possible if you plan on using some.
    Plant looks good though man

3. awesome. Thank you for the information. As far as I can tell I haven't seen a single nanner. Would the seeds likely be hermi as well or what. I just don't want to waste time growing seed again if it's gonna waste a bunch of time again. Also the two plants that mixed were of different strains so I'm not sure if that has much impact. Any recommendations as to a source for fem seeds?

4. I've used attitude seed bank and herbies. Next time I order will probably be from herbies, nice people.
    If the other plant was a male and pollinated that plant then they'll be regular seeds. Don't get me wrong some could hermi because of stress but that can always happen.

5. http://www.ebay.com/itm/60X-Magnifying-Magnifier-Jeweler-Eye-Jewelry-Loupe-Loop-Led-Light-/251621456035?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a95ceb8a3

I have something very similar if not the exact same and it works very well.  The LED lights are extremely bright for their size.  Despite the small size and low price, I actually felt this was better than a larger scope that I bought for $15 on amazon.  It adjusts focus really easily and will give more than enough light to see all of the details of your bud.  For $4 it is a great value imo.

If you haven't seen any nanners, then chances are it hasn't pollinated itself. And if it hasn't pollinated itself then your seeds should be perfectly fine, and should offer you the normal 50/50 ratio of male to female.