If youre unpatient for growth can you smoke leaves meanwhile till plant flowers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james.wolverine97, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Onion is awesome. ONA gel can be made at home if you do not want to buy one. It does not mask the smell like a deodorant does. I have mine ONA system that has a small fan that draws the smell into the gel and an agent of your choosing, I like the downy liquid that covers the gel. You can buy the gels from a garden center. It is called Soil Moist or something like that.

The mint and garlic give off a strong scent that can be used outside the grow room. Sort of the first line of defense that can be set in the living room or even outside your apartment door.

Minimize going in and out of your grow room and limit it to times when most people are inside. At the end of the day the carbon filter and fan combo is a crop saver.

Some strains are known for their low level of smell or smell like fruits, not weed. good luck!

I heard of people doing that when I was a kid but always assumed it was an urban myth or something.
    I mean, can't you just "top" off your buzz by smoking more weed?  :confused_2:

3. Will opening windows make it obvious? if someone walks past my property or if nextdoor has their window open at same time?

4. #24 ProGMOII, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    ONA will not give off a strong smell, it absorbs them. The Downey is used to keep the gel from stinking as it absorbs room smell.

If you are flowering your plant will likely smell very strong, non-weeds will say it stinks.

Go ro the Grow Room Section and it has a sub-forum called DIY. You may pick up on ideas that work or ask more specific questions in threads already active.

5. No what I mean the weed itself without ONA if you open windows can people smell it?

6. LOL, you did not make it past the first paragraph in my previous response. Are you high right now? LOL!

7. LOOOOOOL you said "ONA will not give off a strong smell, it absorbs them. The Downey is used to keep the gel from stinking as it absorbs room smell." so I assumed you thought I meant that if I open the window can people smell ONA looool

8. If u have a plant that is super bushy go for it.
    I used LST on an indica strain and I needed to thin it out.
    Your leaves obviously won't be flushed or cured so they will be very harsh.
    Best thing to do with leaves is make some blender hash.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. In all honesty, combustion "resin", fan leaves, and bong water, are all things that shouldn't be used to get high. More harm done than benefit, if you somehow manage to get a buzz from any of them. Not to mention how gross they taste. Blegh Sobriety isn't bad enough for me to resort to using any of those. Also, when you get a decent tolerance built up, they probably won't even have any nice high feeling effects.
    Also, if you are growing, fan leaves shouldn't be cut  if they can be stuck somewhere out of place without harming them, unless it is at the base, and the plant has a big upper canopy to supply itself with food via photosynthesis.    Tuck before you pluck.

I think if you smoke 3-4 bowls of almost anything, you'll probably be able to get some kind of buzz due to the other chemicals (toxins) you are inhaling. Even if it's just a few minutes of feeling lightheaded. Part of the effect would probably come from the breathing patterns as well in this case imo.

10. Marijuana kills, in one hit my friend died from marijuanas so just stay away from it

11. Fairly close to what I was saying...it'll top a buzz, not give you one that doesn't make you sick as a dog...lol, And even then, is pretty disgusting...but I grew up in the 80's, so due to a lot of ignorance and scarcity, we did stupid shit.

12. Yup. But "back in the day" (1985-ish), a high school kid was often faced with a town that seemed to have no weed available....so you did stupid shit.

13. you have drank bong water? Thats fucking grim man. Almost crack head behaviour euggh

14. As I said...1980's kid...we didn't know a whole lot better, and quite often, for us, the 'town was dry"....so you didn't waste one little bit of what you could get your hands on...lol.

15. #35 ProGMOII, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    LOL, I know a young kid at 13 who grew plants and smoked the leaves. he even thought he got high. People used to equate good weed with how harsh it was. Oh we have come a long way! I love the blending of nature and science.

16. About to start selling fan leaves to middle schoolers.

17. i call bull shit

18. Call bullshit all you want,PROGMO is obviously of my generation, ask him, I'll bet he backs me.