If youre unpatient for growth can you smoke leaves meanwhile till plant flowers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james.wolverine97, Dec 25, 2014.

1. So lets say your plant is grow some of the old big fat leaves can you cut them or smoke them? or could that possibly damage the flower/buds because maybe from that section there could of been another branch that could of shot up or buds? or if you do it carefully in particular spots you can do it with 0% risk of reducing the product quantity/quality when it comes to harvest?

2. why? I heard smoking weed gets you high too but just very low amount of THC so it requires you to smoke more, and what the fuck I'm not talking about making your plant naked and smoking all the leaves just the old big fat ones that are useless at the very bottom

3. NOOO. Those leaves are vital at absorbing the light and photosynthesis needed to make your buds. Plus they barely have any THC.

4. Makes sense thanks, I'm thinking logically in terms of normal plants nvm because normal plants have useless leaves at the very bottom that require trimming.

5. must be trolling...

6. Are you talking about smoking the leaves you get while lollipop-ping? I mean I guess you could do it. But it's gonna be pretty pointless in terms of actually getting high. Probably equivalent trying to get drunk off the non-alcoholic Odoul Beers.

7. Yeah, exactly, thank you "lollipop-ping" is the term I was looking for, and yeah I know but desperate times lol, and no I'm not a pot head I don't even smoke weed in my whole life I've prob touched weed like 4times it's just suddenly I have this strong urge to do it and make it a hobby, I've smoked shisha and I quite like that, I mean it's quite good I guess can be a healthy life style around my daily work and stuff.

8. Those are sun leaves. They contain about as much THC as the raw stem. You don't even use the raw stem in making reductions and processed goods...there is so little that it's not worth the time to spend 4 hours simply boiling them in order to extract for budder or cannamilk.

If you realize that that means it's not worth the trouble of taking several POUNDS of plant matter and boiling it down to the point you can actually get high off it, you get why this is a bad idea.

Plus, the little THC there is in the sap...you can't smoke wet leaves. Those leaves have no trichromes, they have no pistils, or anything else involved in the development and concentration of THC (or most other canniboids). Dried leaves have lost most of their sap.

If you're a lightweight AND are willing to smoke 3-4 bowls of trash that will have no pleasant taste, to get a minimal buzz, you can do it. But it's simply not worth the time/trouble. Like drinking the bong water...you can top a buzz with it, but it's really kind of disgusting (yes, I've done it often enough), and it's not enough to catch a worthwhile buzz off if there's no flower involved. Just guzzling your stale bong water the morning after smoking up heavily to get a buzz does nothing, in and of itself, that's worth the experience. Same with smoking sun leaves.

Wait wait.. this actually works??

10. So... you plan oon having a naked plant, hoping for fat buds...?

do some research

merry christmas maddafuckaa! !

11. Yes, it works, to an extent. Like I said, it can "top" the buzz, but certainly won't get you high on its own...unless you guzzle enough to get sick off the OTHER crap the water traps.

12. My experience with smoking leaves fresh from the plant is that yes, you can get a bit of a buzz, but you will have to smoke a lot. And if your plant hasn't even started flowering then there is probably very little THC being produced. Even during flowering the leaves produce minimal THC so it isn't your best option unless you have a lot of leaves to spare. And it won't kill your plant to remove some leaves but keep in mind, as mentioned above, that leaves are needed to absorb sunlight and convert it into sugars for your plant. Therefore, more leaves means a healthier plant.

13. No. Fan leaves have very little THC in them.They won't get a flea buzzed. Also, the fan leaves act as solar panels for bud growth. I suggest you only chop the yellowing bottom leaves and throw them away. The sugar leaves near the bud,(that have trichomes on them) can be smoked or used for concentrates/edibles. But the fan leaves IMO are trash.

14. Love sheesha myself. I started to use vaporizers because I found Turkish Tobac flavor.

Be patient and if you have fought the urge this long then hold on. My guess is you will cut before her time but hope you hang tough.

15. It depends to be honest, I'm not doing anything too fancy such as air ventilation, air conditioning special tents cupboards/etc. Even if I had tons of money to spend I simply wouldn't because it takes too long to install, requires lot of effort not very portable, requires instalation, cannot be taken down easily, can damage your walls when installing which requires lot of effort to fix, was thinking maybe emptying a kitchen cabinet or my wardrobe or I have a small tiny room it's size of a toilet ball (literally not kidding) it's about 6 foot 5 height and prob 60-percent of it is filled with boiler, also I'm evaluating the smell too if it starts smelling strong uncontrollably I will terminate it asap.

16. Most all weed has a strong odor. Some strains on SeedFider.eu can help you search a good strain. Sounds like you are hiding from mom, not a good move.

17. NO NO NO, not a mom, but a shitty fucking neighbor, old bitch she has reported me various times for "noise" because i've had few buzz's getting out of my appartment such as text message noise and sometimes gaming, but it's not like a continuation noise, sometimes you know at some stages of the game/movie the sound volume increases due to explosions and if you turn it down you can't hear them speaking and you don't want to wear head sets and sit behind comp like a jack ass and you'd rather lay down? and I usually turn it down straight away during high frequency and turn it back up when dialog comes back up.
    So I don't think she has hesitation of reporting me if smells come because I'm sure she hates me we don't even speak anymore after she pissed me the fuck off and i swore at her lol
    Don't get me wrong I'm not no asshole, everyone likes me in my area all seniors... except HER.
    Also previous person that lived in my house before I did (I don't know him) these are stories I've been told by neighbors anyway cops found out and they threw him out so I'm sure she has adapted and knows this technique that if someone grows you'd  get kicked so she would prob report me....
    And I ordered 2 types  "BIG BANG 2" and "O.G Kush".  

18. Neighbors have been the downfall of many a good person who just wanted to smoke and not deal with shady dealers. If you grow at home you need to get another set of plants like mint, garlic, and maybe a couple other ornamentals that are easy to take care of. Covers your movement of growing materials. Likewise you need to invest in good odor equipment as well as odor absorbent containers like ONA.

19. Is odor absorbent those stuff that are like jelly in a triangle shape plastic with designer holes? that it melts and gets smaller over time?
    And I like that idea, will plants absorb reduces the weed plant smell or just cover it with stronger odor? I have an actual onion that started going green and popping might plant that hahaha