Silly Pharm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by mrsilly, Dec 24, 2014.

1. What? I get Christmas and the Silly pharm experience in the same week! 2015 is looking strong already!

2. #24 mrsilly, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    Well yesterday The Silly Pharm received a present in the mail from Mars Hydro! We at the Silly Pharm have been very curious about LED grow lights. We all battle the outrageous prices charged for our energy uses. This is exemplified in our current fuel prices, are low as the market lays in wait to play the price per barrel game and extort billions from humanity. For profit no compassion just $.

In this case we would like to see if these lights can or are able to support our Pharm. I asked Sara if this light would be capable of supporting a 4x4 tray, she said no, that would be the 1600 watt model, hmm not so much savings on power there even at 1/2 or less not much savings. So we have this LED light and need to determine how to incorporate it into the pharm? We will see if we can't create a space for it in the Master Chamber. Along side 2k Watts of HPS. It may seem puney lets see if it's mighty! The chamber is closed this week for cleaning to get ready for the New Year!

Unveiling soon!!!!

Silly Pharm
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1349323-Silly-Pharm

3. Welcome in to another brother grower. I believe you plant your magic beans just South of the Central Valley. I have seen some of your work it is Majestic!

Silly Pharm

4. It's beginner status! But I see my future being very bright when it comes to medicine. Can't wait to see some BlackBerry!

5. That's great news mrsilly. But you have sparked my interest. It requires 1600 watts of LED power to cover a 4'x4' area? Seems kinda low of an area huh? Also, I'm curious to see the light prenetration from LEDs. What's the wattage on the one you received, if I may ask?

6. Cninja at 1600w you get around 800w of draw..figure 66.6% of 1600w or 800-850w..very interested to see how Msil adj to the penetration..cause he likes them big and i'm not so sure about penetration if the plnt is 3' and over

7. #29 Cananinja, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    Thanks doc. Hope to meet ya some day bro. Your a legend.

:)

Mrsilly, thanks for sharing your wisdom and new ventures with me. much love and respect. Hope your Bday was awesome.

8. #30 SoCal Nature Farmer, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    Hey man I am glad I could motivate you to start a journal, I picked thru all of your started posts trying to find one! xD I subbed up earlier last night everything has just been so hectic around here lately I wasn't even able to make a post. So here I am now!

Thanks for the heads up on the MCT's, looked around really quick and found this. Is this the brand you would recommend?:

http://www.professionalsupplementcenter.com/NowFoodsMCTOil.htm?referrer=googleshopping&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CP2Egqy838ICFUNrfgodPTQA1w

SO if I am understanding this correct you can just take hash, add it with a bit of fats/oils (MCT oil) to make it active, then a bit of soy lecithin to emulsify it so the fat and water stick together. Then into a glycerin cap and I am golden?

Just got a new journal started myself, documenting the move and such. Could use any & all advice I could get on the new room set up, please feel free to stop by!

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1348187-pharmers-sustained-organic-living-adventure-w-hileds.html#entry21106338

9. Subbed for purp

sent from my skateboard

Correct!! I just made this post the other day.

I am also using 2 SolarSPEC 260w lights by AMARE Technologies, they use mixes of white lighting & add in some more red to help in veg and flower. White lighting is made up of wavelengths from approx. 390-700nm, so it covers the whole range of the visible spectrum as well as some UV. They are extremely quiet (sound just like my laptop computer) and extremely cool! I had to buy a new timer to set my exhaust & ventilation fans to come on for 15min then off for 30min. As apposed to the constant air exchange to keep things cool with my HID & HO-t5's I was using & I got to use the 8" fan I used for venting my HID hood (which again was on constantly while the light was on) in my veg tent. So definitely saved me considerably in cooling costs! If the air surrounding and going into the tent was 60 degrees, with both lights on the temperature has gone from 73-75 w/ 50-56% humidity. Now I am noticing the biggest factor in my temperature flux is my watering, the humidity will effect the temperature. Average levels are 70-79 degrees w/ 48-58% humidity, only time it has gotten to 80+ was when the humidity was high due to the rains. They are extremely efficient lights, 260w true putting out 1850umol@12", 1298umol@24", 576umol@36", & 321umol@48".

When it comes to lighting, yield and density are directly related to the amount of intensity applied, intensity sets the pace for rate of growth & also photosynthesis. The more applied, the more growth and yield. The figure of 300umol/sec/m2 is considered to be the general threshold of light quantity needed for most plants to achieve normal healthy growth. Below that, irradiance is considered low/moderate, above that is considered high or very high. But our light intensive girls are a different story, otherwise your going to experience poor density, growth, & yield. Cannabis has a light saturation point of 1500umol/sec/m2 w/ equatorial strains being able to handle up to 1740umol/sec/m2. umol/sec/m2 roughly translated is the intensity of light one square meter of the canopy gets every second. A minimum PAR intensity of 1200umol+@canopy will make sure there is enough intensity to adequately penetrate the canopy & get to the intra-canopy flower sites. When growing in greater than a 2x2 space, the umol beyond 2ft^ will make or break a LEDs usefulness. Most LEDs out right now, including the Mars, have a PAR that starts out strong but greatly diminishes as the lights are raised. As Dr. M said, making it disappointing to grow a plant bigger then 2ft. Yet these lights have blown everything else I have grown out of the water!!

A buddy who frequents my thread recently just switched from using the P300w LED from the AdvancedLED platinum series to a SolarSPEC-150. He was complaining about how the P300 was too loud and had to use blankets to muffle the sound of the tent.

Here is the pics of his plant growth under the AdvancedLED:

Before the switch

Switch from P900 from Advanced LED to SS-150, Before #1.jpg

Switch from P900 from Advanced LED to SS-150, Before #2.jpg

Now here is less than 24hrs after switching to the SS-150:

Switch from P900 from Advanced LED to SS-150, After #1.jpg

Switch from P900 from Advanced LED to SS-150, After #2.jpg

Switch from P900 from Advanced LED to SS-150, After #3.jpg

Nothing changed except the lighting source. Didn't even so much as water & the difference is night and day! Not to mention with my last run I just finished up, with plants half the typical size I would like. The bud density & flower structure, aroma, trichome production all outperformed my past runs with HID & I needed to purchase more jars!! I plan on running some indoor trees & a scrog as well so we shall see how things fair with plants larger then 3'-4'.

Either way I am excited to see what you can do with it sir! Hell I'm excited just to see your garden alone!! xD 

11. #33 mrsilly, Dec 25, 2014
    BNW
    Yes, this is why we use them. We got tired of purchasing unverified genetics in dark parking lots. Only to get the new strain back to the Pharm to find all kinds of of creepy crawly creatures.

A lot of the dispensaries in a there area use Dark Heart nurseries to supply them. This model however is to be changed in the San Jose area. They have recently posted ordinance that will require these establishments to grow their own, behind glass. There are a few dispensaries in the LA area that have this model now, how ever there selection is limited. My son attends HSU and brings me genetics from the farthest reaches of our borders. On our last strain search we were able to capture the elusive Gorrilla Glue along with other premium stocks to fortify our stable of strains, some of notoriety. The White, Gorilla Grape, Boss and others we will be verifying in the coming months.

Silly Pharm

12. Merry Christmas mrsilly!

I can feel the ground shaking...

This place is going to blowup!

13. #38 RED BEARD, Dec 25, 2014
    Im in btlrother... a bit late but im here, lol...happy holidays mr. S and family!,ill be hangin right here between the bowl of hash caps and the gorilla glue mother...

14. #39 mrsilly, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2014
    Silly Pharm
    Got a visit from a wayward traveller looking for respite on his journey.

I can discuss this patient without violating HIPPA laws as she is a dog with stage 3 Lymphoma given 2 diagnosis's from 2 different Veterinarian Drs. One said 1mo-1year the other Holistic Veterinarian 1- mo to 2 Mo. One route he could take is Chemo (1year). There is no money for this treatment The other was a holistic Dr said 1-2 mo. Did not recommend Chemo. Counseled the quality of life for Mahal. Would be horrible. The Holistic Dr recommended MMJ.

Said traveler came to me asked what I thought of him medicating his dog with MMJ oil with this illness? I stated the obvious. If nothing else it would help her be more comfortable as her condition declines. He decided to medicate his dog.
    In fact quite insistent, he could not be aswayeded. So we did our best to guide his hand in the administration of the Medicated oil. He gave her a very small serving of the oil then waited and watched. Within an hour Mahal was extremely relaxed. Her labored breathing slowed significantly, 15 mins later she became very thirsty and drank deeply. Then she started to look for food and boy did she eat. We then took her for a walk around the block she did very well. When we retuned she went back to resting on our cool tile floor. After another 2hrs passed The wayward traveler wanted to re medicate Mahal. He decide to increase her dose. After her 2cd dose we observed as the Mahal went back to the cool kitchen floor and slept without labored breathing through the night. The next morning she.awoke albeit at dark thirty but quite chipper and anxious to start the day, exhibiting exuberance not seen for quite a while!

So the wayward traveler who will remain nameless was given a supply of oil and put back on his journey with his faithful companion. His Lab with late stage lymphoma, was the Silly Pharm's first 4 legged pt. They left on there Journey to big bear where Mahal will be taking her final voyage on the front of a Kayak. This is what she loves. Her owner is famous for exploring Big Bear lake with Mahal his faithful Lab sitting on the front of his Kayak! He and Mahal his beloved dog, have been featured In the local papers. He loves this dog and values her life as it was his own. In no way was this dog stressed in anyway through this process or it would have been ceased. His owner has decided this is how he will proceed, he does not believe that poisoning his dog with Chemo was the route to take, neither did the holistic Dr they went to see. I know this is a very controversial topic what are your thoughts about this?

Silly Pharm

15. That's so awesome I love hearing things like that. Way to go guys. You are doing good for the world