UK police to get drugalyser kits starting this week

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by sKiTz-0, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Looking at that study, and the limits for the test here in the UK, it looks like you will probably still test positive at 22 hours after smoking.

Best bet is to probably give it at least 24 hours.

Looks like I'll be keeping my smoking to Friday and Saturday nights then from now on. My licence is too important for me to lose.

2. #42 canofthebis, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015

Hi Skitz

Are your figures based on being a heavy smoker?

3. #43 canofthebis, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    Hi all
    I have some terrible news

a lot of people have told me you will be fine 6 hours after smoking a spliff, but i do not think that is true

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3717347/

"10 participants provided 86 OF samples −0.5 h before and 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 22 h after initiation of smoking. Before smoking, OF samples of 4 and 9 participants were positive for THC and THCCOOH, respectively, but none were positive for CBD and CBN. Maximum THC, CBD, and CBN concentrations occurred within 0.5 h, with medians of 644, 30.4, and 49.0 Î¼g/L, respectively. All samples were THC positive at 6 h (2.1–44.4 Î¼g/L), and 4 of 6 were positive at 22 h."

does anyone have any flaw with the relevancy of this study? if not seems we are all screwed

[SIZE=15.9990997314453px]this study does use a lab style testing device. would a roadside testing device show much different results?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=15.9990997314453px]would this still be relevant if you only smoked once per week?[/SIZE]

4. I don't understand why people keep trying to come up with ways to punish cannabis users.

5. #45 IDTENT, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2015
    They've been speaking of things like this over here in Australia for years, but nothing really seems to have changed. Drivers are often  breath tested for alcohol but not much else. And this is only if you happen to be one of the random few that they wave down. Unless we give the cop obvious reason to believe we are under the influence of other drugs, they don't get us drug tested.

I think government and law enforcement have recognized the complexity of this issue. They know that they may in fact end up punishing people who were completely sober while they were driving, but perhaps smoked a joint the night before. This would lead to all sorts of legal trouble, and they would be to blame. Sure, they know of ways to chemically identify a person who is high. But they also know that it would cost quite a bit of money to equip police all over the country with the equipment and training to perform tests that can actually identify current levels of THC (and other cannabinoids) in a persons blood or saliva. So I think they've reached a sort of stale-mate between themselves and the people. Unless they can find some cheap and effective means of testing for cannabis intoxication, I think this is how things will remain.

6. probably a scare tactic used by the goverment, but if it does happen its gonna effect alot of drivers . personally i think i drive more cautious when stoned but i have friends who cant and wouldent  even think of it

7. Having been stoned recently is not a crime (neither is being high if you're not driving)

I shall refer you to three wise words from black guys that come from somewhere in california or someting: FUCK THA POLICE

Shiiit, as long as your not blatantly under the influence at the time of driving theres fuck all cunstable plodders can do and they know this. I mean fuck, half the country would be in trouble!

Tis merely a scare tactic m'boy.

Increased blood flow to my dick makes it hard to pee while standing up

9. Thats what handstands are for fella [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Ohh great! I had no clue about this and i spark up almost dailly i can't be dealing with this on my hands aha 

11. If drugalysers are the cops way to combat DUI, this is NOT the way to accomplish that. The issue with drug and breathalysers laws are, someone gets penalized based amount the amount of the substance in their system, however they may completely act sober due to a high tolerance!

So they may be able to successfully pass a sobriety test and drive safe, but they are over the "legal limit", thus an innocent person goes to jail.

They need to have a war against UNSAFE impaired drivers, not all impaired drivers. And the way to do that is to simply arrest someone if they fail a sobriety test. Thats it. If they got a burnt out tail light and tons of THC in their system but driving safe? Let em go. Becauses theres nothing else you can do that would maintain freedom and still stop DUI.

12. Looks like the drugalyser is wreaking havoc. Van driver caught - he'll never work as driver again. What's 3.9ng of cannabis work out to do you think? A joint the previous night?

Six out of ten motorists are failing new roadside tests

The new drugs testing kits introduced by police in March
    Scotland Yard has a hit rate of 45 per cent of suspects testing positive
    The rate in South Yorkshire is 56 per cent, in Dorset it is 42 per cent

A van driver who was caught under the influence of cannabis just days after the new drug-drive law came into force was fined and disqualified for 17 months.

Timothy Chan, 30, from Liverpool, was one of the first drug-driving offenders to be convicted in England and Wales.

He was driving his Ford Transit near Chester on the morning of March 10 when he was flagged down in a stop check by police.

A policeman spoke to him through the passenger door window and smelled the aroma of cannabis, however Chan claimed he had used it the day before and not on the day of his arrest.

But analysis showed that he had 3.9 nanograms per millilitre in his blood – making him twice the legal limit of 2 nanograms.

He pleaded guilty before magistrates to driving with a proportion of cannabis in his blood that exceeded the limit. As well as the driving ban, he received a £110 fine and was ordered to pay prosecution costs of £85.

He also had to pay a £20 victim impact surcharge. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3b8Pgeabn

P.S - Seen this elsewhere, don't read the Daily Mail. 

P.p.s - Thank fuck this isn't in Scotland, however moving down South in the coming weeks. Not looking forward to this sham.

13. This is the company which makes the drugwipe for the police. Send them a email and ask them. And someone please post the reply on here.

info@securetec.net

http://www.securetec.net/en/products/drug-test/drug-test-saliva/drug-test-saliva-drugwipe-s-.html

I emailed this company and asked how far back the test detects cannabis. The lady replied back to me and said from 1 hour to 12 hours last use. Still shitty as the impairment only lasts 4 to 5 hours max. I'm new to this.i used to smoke when I was 14 for a year, and just started again in December due to back pains(it's helped alot!) I'm 26 pretty skinny guy with a fast metabolism. And I only have 3 to 4 drags most, never a full spliff. I have to drive at 8am In the morning so latest I smoke is 7:45 pm. I'd never drink or smoke and drive and am completely against it as it's stupid and selfish. I'm still little nervous I want definitive answers. Some have said the test only tests for active thc not the metabolites(which gets absorbed in fat). I've spoke to few coppers(I'm a barber) and they said they think the active thc should only stay in the mouth for 6 hours or so. It's so annoying and confusing. Can someone else help out please. Cheers guys.

14. If someone has a business and they can get hold of these and do thorough tests that would be amazing!!!

15. I just found this on Wikipedia

"Saliva testingEdit
    Cannabis is detectable by saliva testing. Just like blood testing, saliva testing detects the presence of parent drugs and not their inactive metabolites. This results in a shorter window of detection for cannabis by saliva testing.[12] Delta 9 THC is the parent compound. If saliva sample is tested in a lab, the detection level can be as low as 0.5 ng/mL (up to 72 hours after intake)[13] and if an onsite instant saliva drug test is used, the cut off level is generally 50 ng/mL (up to 12 hours after intake).[14] Per National Institute on Drug Abuse saliva drug testing provides a reasonable alternative to other drug testing methods"

16. found this on that site but it doesnt say about everyday use being a defo positive or just last smoke!

Attached Files:

17. #57 simonuk, Mar 21, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    bump..

My first post here so a big hello to everyone.

When i first heard about this i was pretty concerned and now im even more concerned.
    Ive done some research and found that the prosecution levels are set at 2ng/pl .
    Genuine hard scientific research on how long its detectable in the saliva is surprisingly hard to find but i found one study carried out in the netherlands*1 .
    Simply put it shows that many people may test positive on a saliva test 24hours after smoking/vaping just 0.1g weed of 20-25% THC which is one pretty weak joint. Some people may even test positive for 72 hours depending on their metabolism ! And thats from a single spliff.

This is of course assuming that the roadside drugalyser detects as low as 2ng as ive heard its set to 5ng and that 2ng is only detected once back at station.

http://www.orasure.com/docs/pdfs/pr...uana-Use-by-Oral-Fluid-and-Urine-Analysis.pdf
    The research is fairly hard to read but the tables are worth looking at (remember to multiply the numbers by 3 to get actual readings due to dilution.) I had to read this study 3 times and with a clear head lol but it is interesting and was conducted on habitual and infrequent tokers . It also looks at passive smokers and edibles.

In some areas if you test positive you will be taken to a police station and given a blood test ( providing there is a medical professional on duty). Your car impounded and you will be suspended until your results come back which may take weeks.

Its scary shit and although i think the likelihood for most to get stopped and swabbed is low anyone can have an accident and as a family man with a career i cant afford to be charged with drug driving. Ive stopped smoking unless i know im not driving for 3 days.

Its worth mentioning that in the military soldiers are asked to not consume Hemp products as they may throw up false positves.
    One woman in australia beat a DUI due to eating a hemp based cereal bar and research showed that it is infact possible to test possible on urine tests if you consume hemp. So that could be one possible defence used.
    Myself i use hemp protein by the boat load so i suppose i could test positive regardless of weed use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11765026

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. They should consider drug testing the police themselves.

I got arrested for weed by a cop that cheated on his wife and blew cocaine. He smoked weed too but that I can care less

My high school hockey coach was "friends" with him, my coach Also sold me weed.

It's alright cus karma will kill that cop, it's almost 100%.

19. that's ok i never go out bar work/gym, only 5 mins away too, don't really smoke in the day anyway unless i aint got nothing to do