lower large fan leaves yellowing in week 4 of flowering

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kidlester71, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Hello,

Im growing a jack Herrer in a GH waterfarm under a 600w hps. I have it scrogged and lollipopped. I'm 4 weeks into flowering. The plant has been doing wonderfully, but it seems to be showing signs of maturity at this early stage. The only 2 things im noticing, is that the lower fan leaves are yellowing and im seeing a few stamens starting to turn orange. Can over dosing levels of phosphorus cause this? I've been adding liquid koolbloom from general hydroponics throughout the last 4 weeks as per what the bottle says. I just read somewhere that one should add this only in the last 2 weeks of flowering. Any advice is good advice.

Thanks  

2. Hmmm also curious. Maybe it could be stress induced? Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Pistils browning off at 4 weeks isn't that unusual. Are the yellowing leaves getting much light? If they are under a thick ScrOG canopy then the fact that they aren't getting much light down there could be the cause. 

Also, plants need a nutrient solution of less strength after week 4 or 5 so be careful you aren't overdosing. There is also the possibility that the plant is running low on nitrogen.

Can you put a photo up? Of the whole plant, not just a leaf 

4. Hey Gold,

How have you been? Well heres a few pis of the scrogged Jack Herrer.. You wont see many yellow leaves because I pinched them. I think you are right about the thick canopy hindering the light penetration to the lower reaches of the plant. The other picture is of a northern light x big bud auto flowering and a white widow that Im sure will be a hemaphrodite. I let a buddy care for it in the early stages and he treated that plant like his first marriage so it endured some stress. Quick question about hemaphrodism. I grew that widow from a feminised seed. Will the seeds produced from a hemaphrodite be feminized as well? If not, will the seeds be good to go or will they be prone to hemaphrodism? Thanks G
    Happy Holidays,
    Kid

Attached Files:

• 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      879.7 KB