Ever view your pet as a relative?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by noehernandez0710, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Yep, I see my dogs as my sons.

2. I love my 2 cats to death. I rescued Sophie from a shelter and she's just kinda like a really chill granny. Tommy's a crazy bastard though.

I used to grow shrooms back in the day when he was a kitten, and every once In awhile some 'volunteers' would show up outside and I would try to bring them in without being noticed. But one day when tommy was still a kitten I was forced to leave a very large shroom on the edge of the freezer next to the kittens while I ran inside to scout my path. By the time I came back Tommy had eaten about half of the fucker... I nearly shit my heart out when I thought I had killed a kitten with a hallucinogen, can you imagine that death? it's a shitty one for sure. But after checking on him every few minutes through the night I didn't see much change other than some wobbles. He's 8 years old now and probably the smartest cat I've had. I swear to god he can tell time, he insists that I get up AT 7a.m. for...no...reason, other than a quick cat talk.

3. My fiance can't have kids, and I've always had strong paternal instincts; I'm cool with not having kids, but I've always had pets (particularly dogs) my entire life so I direct all that energy at my pets. Currently, we have 3 chinchillas and they are my children as far as I'm concerned: they are completely dependent on me, I'm constantly cleaning up their mess, and they demand that I give them attention from the moment they wake up til the moment I go to bed. They are definitely a part of our family, not just an animal cohabitant.

4. My dogs and cats are not like family. They are family. Dogs are far better "people" than a lot of people. On a related note, my dog listens to me a hell of a lot better than most people's kids listen to them. 

5. I saw a lot of myself in my dog karsha's eye's, She was a shy German Shepard who just wanted to be loved and cared for and I gave her that, She was hilarious when she came yelping at the back door asking for her walk :) it was soooo cute, She was originally my nans dog but she had to give her up, I had karsha for a year or two and I loved every moment of it

My Brother had a dog Sharnie she was as charismatic as you can get ! she was a blue cattle dog, She walked up to people at the beach and dropped her ball infront of them waiting for them to throw it LOL and people loved it ! She got a lot of love where ever she went because she was so friendly and outgoing,

I'm a fucking idiot for not getting a photo of them together, the good thing is I can still see it in my head :) I don't know why it only just NOW occurred to me that I should of taken a photo but i'm a stupid stoner I guess.... they both passed away not too long after :( so they only met a handle full of times but they met and I remember it, that's what matters :)

6. My mom calls my dog my brother

7. #27 lisamc, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    I know that nothing can replace your beloved friend but maybe you could get s bunny or something lovable that needs a place to call home. I just got a new puppy, he doesn't take the place of what I've lost but he does make me smile again sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I can't do that, unfortunately.  I do not have the money to care for a rabbit.  (proper bunny care is actually expensive and they're prone to  intestinal impactions..)

9. Definitely think of my dogs as family; my brother, my mom, and I have 5 dogs altogether and we love them all. I've come close to seriously injuring some people cause they've mistreated them.

10. Yes my cat Loki is the son I couldn't have, for sure!

11. Yes! My two dogs are like my children. A lot of people seem to have trouble grasping the concept but they really are so important to me, and it weirds me out when people have a dog/cat/whatever and view it as "just" an animal. I love them to death and can't imagine being without them. They've been with me through some of the hardest parts of my life, and something about their unconditional affection and unrestrained joy when they see me just gets me right in the heart every time. I even get that "parental pride" when one of them learns a new trick we've been working on or masters some task. [​IMG]  Really though, they hold a special place in my heart and they'll always be a part of my family. 

12. our 2 little doggies are also full fledged members of our family. my wife thinks of them like her children and i didn't realize i do too until i also had an epiphany off how they see us. they feel loved, protected and have imprinted with us from a young age. those are the pets i love best. the ones you have had since their very earliest memories. even though lilly is only 8 pounds, it is all balls and fury when it comes to her momma, her papa and her grandpa. she would fight and die valiantly protecting us. yet she is afraid of her own shadow. tell me that isn't unconditional love. tell me that isn't loyalty. that is why i love my pups and i view them as my close family.  [​IMG]

13. yes I have a daughter born about 4 months ago :)

My aquarium fish, haha nope

I did have a chameleon a long time ago that my family considered family. It was a female Jackson chameleon, she was extremely tame, she would extend her arms out at me whenever I entered my room, begging to be picked up so she could rest on my shoulder all day. She even loved my parents. It was the only lizard my mom loved.

14. I have two cats. Ginger is my daughter and Bailey is my son. They call me Catdaddy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wife and I are empty nesters and we have two dogs. They are like kids except they do what you ask them to do.

16. My families dogs are precious (lol). They are a part of the family but obviously not relatives. You care for them and they care for you.

17. I came into the relationship of my dog and two cats, as they were my girlfriends when I met her. Obviously through time and the fact that I love animals, they have become my family, as most pets do. But to my girlfriend they are so much closer. One cat was rescued at her work as a hotel manager. She had gotten complaints from people that a noise was coming out of the dumpster. When she checked it was a box with holes filled with dead kittens, except for one at the bottom.. Shelby as we call her now:). And her dog was found online as a 6 month old dog ready to be put out to the coyotes because the people didn't want another dog. If she wasn't gone by the end of the day they were going to get rid of her themselves. She went and got the dog (Molly :) ) and then was evicted because her place didn't allow dogs. Now we live happily as one big family!

18. Yup family

19. Yep she was family the first day i got her at 3 months old. she's now 1 and an amazing dog.

20. so does mine!