Ever view your pet as a relative?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by noehernandez0710, Nov 28, 2014.

1. I once entered the kitchen while my dog followed. I poured myself water and while I was done I looked into her eyes and for the first time, I had an epiphany. She displayed herself as a grandmother. I don't know why but I felt the grandmother vibe, you know, wise. Like I'm not smoking weed right now, but the connection I felt was so beautiful and reassurance that my pet is always looking out for me and my family is the best feeling there is, also understanding what she feels. Nothing in this world feels better than to have my dog. I wouldn't have it any other way. So my question to you all, do you ever view your pets as one of your family members aside from being a pet?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lots of people don't like animals in the house.  I am one of them.  But I do have my "companion" in the house, and she just happens to be an animal.  Izzie is a 6 mo old Yorkie/Poodle.  Sometimes I see my mom in her eyes.  Wise, patient.  So when I read your comment I had to laugh.  I know what you mean!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Absolutely. In my eyes all the dogs in my family are full-fledged family members. Dogs are pack animals, so if your dog had to protect you with its life it would be willing to go out like a soldier. I respect the hell out of that kind of dedication to family.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yep I myself have a dog uncle. Cat and dog brothers, and two four legged kids boy cat, girl dog
    our family refers all animal family members as four leggers and the humans as two leggers

5. No its a dog nothing more nothing less!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6.  Yup. My dog lilly is like my daughter, and my best friend. She is probable the only reason I didn't kill myself during my struggles with depression. I lover her more than any human. I would die for her.

My chihuahua victor is like the greesy, smelly, fat, balding uncle, but he's adorable.

7. my dog is like my daughter! I loved all my animals as if they were family, fish are harder to get that connection with but certain ones have memorable personalities

8. hell yeah! my dog's a member of the family no question about it. I always thought people who viewed a pet as just a pet were the weird ones. my dog's got my back unconditionally, she gets the same treatment from me. 

9. Yes! I love my dogs a ton. I wish I could just spend time with my dogs all day everyday.

"Is this deliverance? Is it the end?"

10. Maybe, if you believe in the whole reincarnation/transferral of life energy, that dog was inhabited by your nanna's spirit

If you get down and you quarrel everyday...you're saying prayers to the devils I say

11. My dog is my best friend and considered apart of the family by all members of my family. He's like a 3rd son but smaller and hairier than the other kids. He listens better too..

12. My cat was my whole world.

She was the only being that knew how to cheer me up. Whenever I was sad, she'd notice and immediately snuggle.

(she wasn't like that normally)

When she passed away I lost my only source of true comfort.

I literally went four months without a shower.. My health went straight down..

I'm recovering now, but losing her almost destroyed me..

I miss my little baby. <=..( but she lives on in my heart. I don't go a single day without thinking about her.

She and I grew up together. I still sometimes sleep in awkward positions, used to her curling up behind my butt to sleep..

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yes our dog is definitely apart of our family , he has saved my sons life once so he's a Valued member . Can't beat dogs they are so loyal to their family it's quite human. Our dog never comes upstairs in our house but couple of years ago I had bad man flu . One day in particular I felt awful like I was gonna die . I woke up an the dog was laying on the bed next to me , like he could sense how sick I was an was looking after me . Love him

14. I call my turtle my son. Ive had him for 15 years.

15. My 2 dogs were always seen as family, i hugged and kissed them both until the youngest one died, his mother is still alive and i look at her every now and then and remember a time when i was younger

16. our puppies are apart of our family. as a matter of fact i am more close to my puppies then i am to some of my own family. people can be suck fuckers! [​IMG]

17. Pets are family. 

18. I like my cat more than any of my human family.

19. My dogs are definitely family members.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I was a bit of a latch key kid growing up. My dog has always been nurturing and at my side through everything. Sometimes I slip and call her mom or lil mama.