how can I yield more ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drchron25, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Thus was my first grow in buckets hand watering just pulled northern lights and got about 21/2 oz and incredible bulk only about 1.5 oz I have them under 600w hps I thought they were doing good until buds dried to nothing .anyone have any suggestions please

2. It's a sad fact that buds lose around 70% of their weight as they dry and cure.  1.5oz dried is alright for 1 plant, kind of poor for 2 plants under a 600w hps, pretty disappointing for 3 or more plants.  Although I'm not sure I've really understood you right.

You can yield more by growing more plants, growing bigger plants, growing a different plant (although I did find NL to be quite a good yield when I grew it), or training them using topping and LST, using bigger pots, using different nutes maybe, it depends on what you've done already.

3. I've been looking at people saying they get 6 to 12 oz off a plant how is the question I veg for 6 weeks big pots good nutes probably over fertilized good air flow .how lol I want 8 oz a plant .I smoke an oz a week

4. I've been looking at people saying they get 6 to 12 oz off a plant how is the question I veg for 6 weeks big pots good nutes probably over fertilized good air flow .how lol I want 8 oz a plant .I smoke an oz a week

5. A few people who have their setups and growing down pat after many years, and have multiple grow tents with hydroponics and more light than the sun, maybe yes.  The best I have in my database was 1200w HID lights using DWC and they pulled (apparently) 11oz each from 2 plants.  the next best i have listed is 1000w HID one plant, about 4.5 oz.  No I tell a lie, 1000w, six plants, 5 oz each, then the other one, 40 other grows don't even come close.

You should be able to get 2-3+ oz per plant off a 600w lamp, but it depends on the strain you grew, how big your pots were, you said you vegged it but did you top it and LST it in a 3 or 5 gallon pot?  Any pics of your grow?

Details, man! Details!  :smoking: