Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question for people who have a card/DOJ background checks. I work for IHSS does anyone here also?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by showbe345, Nov 15, 2014.

1. #1 showbe345, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    I work for IHSS(In Home Supportive Services) as a caretaker for my grandfather. So I get paid by the state every month. I had to do a DOJ background check which took forever since I have had a record previously. My question is does getting a MMJ card cause any problems for any federal background checks?

I heard that if you have a card any federal check will see that you have it and you won't be able to get a job if it has a DOJ check or if its a federal job. Can someone clarify this for me?

I also have medi-cal will having a card affect that in anyway also?

2. I used to work for ihss.  It was before the checks.

I would think that if your card was from two private doctors then no.

If it was given by the state, you will be found out.

Also if you have any assaults or battery, they can't employ you.

My mom died before they put that BS into play.

3. Most of the doctors who do the evaluation are private though arent they? Last place I would go to is a state run place. So if I go to a privaet doctor I maybe ok. Anyone have more info on this?

4. hey just got ur msg yes i still work for ihss and do hold a mmj card and i have been charged with assult with a deadly they really only care about fraud crimes

5. thank you very much.

6. no problem if u have any questions feel free to ask