Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed... a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jblaze420, Jan 23, 2003.

1. I think curiosity is more the gateway drug. Usually gets people in trouble.

Peer-pressure is another. I roomed w/ a major pothead that was also into meth and ecstacy. And guess what, before I moved out I had tried them just b/c of my own stupid curious ass. Meth is the stupidest shit ever, doesn't make you high, just keeps you awake, which is actually useful if you're at an all night rave where you're supposed to be messed up which is the only place I would ever do it again. I've done shrooms, but not a lot and only once. That was also an "I have the opportunity" type event too but havn't gotten the chance to do them since. I'd wait until a good time/place to do them again though.

Sorry to sound like a druggie, but I did do all my reading on erowid before considering any of that stuff and I took the necessary precautions and all that and it never burned me. Not like I do anything aside form weed frequently which I'm cutting back on too.

2. How can you put people who sniff somthing up their nose on the same level as child molesters? It's their body! Do you think you should have a say in what goes into it?! It's no different than weed! I've never done anything except weed shrooms and salvia...but WTF man!! The only difference people see between you and them is a different fucking drug! I don't give a rats ass what people put in their body it's fucking their's!!

3. weed is a gateway drug. ever this past summer i started smoking real heavy again quad a day. ever sense i have tried OC, crystal meth, coke , crack, lots of uppers, downers, twiisters and all kinds of pills, i want to try some liquid acid but i can't find it. same with mescaline or peyote, that shit would be just great, 4 days of tripping. weed is 100% a gateway drug. :smoke:

4. If weed is a gateway drug, im sure there would be alot more meth floating around than there is now...i'v smoked for about 3 years now and iv never tried anything harder than meth, and i did that once....even if maryjane was legal(but not sold in stores) i doubt anything would really change, i still wouldnt trust the cops..

5. Neither did I until I lived in the same building as a smackhead,all his smackhead friends would leave their dirty fucking needles all over the place.
    That plus the fact that an addict doesn't give a fuck how he gets his next fix, and it's a fucking expensive monkey to feed.
    All those who have the strength to kick it and stay clean are to be respected because when they get a grip they often realise for the first time how low they had sunk,it's a tough fight.
    H , coke and crack will all fuck you up big time if you let your guard down.

6. Marijuana will only be a gateway drug if you let it.
    I control myself and i've never tried anything besides weed,tobacco,and alchohol.

7. Weed isn't a gateway drug. Thats just an excuse people with no self control use.

8. Amen man. Take responsibillity over your own actions. Weed didnt hand you the needle or chop up the lines, YOU DID. Its so annoying. Millions of smokers out there have never and probably will never try anything else, but we all get categorized by the few hundered who have no self control and move on. I am scared of drugs (I dont consider weed a drug), and Ive seen what coke and stuff can do to people. The only thing thats going up my nose is air, and the only thing shooting in my arm is a vaccine. To the person who said that coke/smack dealers are bad people, I agree 100%. Anyone who would sell a drug to a kid still in GRADE SCHOOL is a fucked up person, and is definatley on the same level as a child molestor.

9. Yeah for the man of self-responsibility,,well said and top marks for common sense.

Weed can be a gateway to other drugs simply because "weed dealers" are sometimes much more than just weed sellers, for someone who has an adventurous streak this can mean that harder drugs are easy to procure.
    For young uninformed people this can be a deadly baptism of fire.

This is why legislation to make cannabis legal is so important , the pill and powder boys are the real danger and unfortunately the cannabis market is exploited by the criminals who make it all too easy for kids to get hold of coke or worse.

10. no way...i started to smoke weed first, and ive had alcohol but i dont like it much...and ill only do shrooms....weed is like an anti-gateway drug becasue once you begin a drug you gain more knowledge about other drugs, you have a comparison of the danger(OD on heroin)

11. Very good point. This is also exactly the case for me. As a matter of fact, most of my friends smoke cigarettes and I don't like the smoke but hey, what are ya gonna do?
    I usually just drown it out with some sweet smelling haze:smoke:

12. i drank before i smoked and i smoked before i tried dxm and i tried dxm before i tried shrooms and it just goes on from there

13. Well...like most of us. Ive heard everything about the horrors of marijuana most of my life...The history of making Marijuana Illegal had nothingto do with the use of the plant.....Actually in the earyly 30's The medical Community Praised Marijauna and its attributes highly...It was called the "Miracle drug of the century"... My Mother went to college in the early 30's. She drank Coca Cola with Cocaine in it everyday of her life...She's 88 and still is great health..nver did turn into a criminal..

Our govenment had to stop Immigration from Mexico shortly after the Depression...The economic survival of the southwest was in peril...

The populous coming here from Mexico had been longtime growers and users of Marijuana... The Goverment needed a "hook" to clamp down on the influx of workers that were puttin the hurt on the US economy.. You have remember we as a nation were in terrible shape after the depression..The immigration of people from Mexico was something that HAD to be slowed if not stopped...It didnt matter that those Immigrants were starving more then the Americans in the southwest....The Problem in the eyes of the government was to simply find a way to stop or detain the people so the local economy could rebuild and flourish by putting the citizens to work.

The solution....Make a very common plant that most every Mexican brought with them...ILLEGAL....then you had a "hook" to stop, detain, or turn back anyone who possessed the newly defined "Illegal" weed..

There ya have it ....Now the Government had to turn the MInds of the people around to follow their lead....That started all the propoganda and crap portraying Marijuana, as something that would lead to the death and destruction of anyone that touched it...After Spending Billions of dollars the people became brainwashed by the "word" of the federal Government....After WW2 The National Patriotisum and Loyalty to the Goivernment was at an all time high....Anything Uncle Sam said was GOSPLE...

The people of that era were conviced that The government was honest , true , and correct about anything it claimed to be...

I have come to a conclusion after decades of research that Marijuana in the Unit States will never become Legal or decriminalized until we bury the last soul left from the WW2 generation...As long as the "Greatest generation" remain still hopelessly brainwashed any attempt is futile ...

the time is coming....the youth will always prevail...you just have to wait your turn. ..thats the way history works..

Hang in thier...BUT a Gateway drug......hell no....gateways are pased thru by choice..

14. I agree totally with the above statement! And, I would like to add...

The criminalization of marijuana was one of the most RACIST acts to ever come from our government. Originally it was the immigrants from Mexico who were bringing it into the states, like mentioned above. Later on, it was widely used by Jazz musicians, who were mostly African American. This stupid country cannot tolerate that! It is not, nor has it ever been, a dangerous substance that threatened anything! It was an easy way to target certain ethnic groups and imprison them.

Let us not forget that originally, marijuana was not illegal, but rather it was a TAX ACT! It was considered tax evasion to be in posession of marijuana without having paid the due taxes associated with it. At the time, it was not a controlled substance. In effect, at that time wealthy individuals, mostly white, could actually get away with having such a substance in their posession.

And people wonder why anarchy is common? It is because of poor judgement by our governing bodies!!!!

15. One more irony....

Most of our fore fathers not only grew marijuana they passed legislation to promote the planting and commerce of marijuana production. All along the Potomac River in our nations capital the banks were once fields of marijuana for miles and miles...

OH yea....The Tax act....LOL...that was a fraud...the law was passed that made it legal to posses marijuana with the proper Tax stamps.....HOWEVER...the Government never printed, released, or offered any such stamp or reason why the public could NEVER obtain the stamps......SOOOO......No stamps ....No legal weed...

16. poor judgement by our governing bodies is alot better than anarchy

big difference in getting arrested for smoking marijuana, and getting shot for the hell of it because they happened to be trigger happy and you were just in the way and then getting robbed and you not being able to do shit about it...

as bad as some people dont want to admit(i say some and no this isnt directed towards you linuxmann) we need a governing body even if some of the laws they associate could be considered "unjustified" as some would say the illegization of marijuana is...

but thats alot better than having no law at all and complete chaos, so you and your family have no way of knowing they or their possessions(sp?) will be safe... yes weed is legal, but then murder, rape, kidnapping, robbery, and the list goes on..... is all legal..

im not 100% completly satisfied with our laws but im sure as hell glad i dont live in an anarchist country

edit: and an anarchy.... no central law or government so there would be alot of poor judgement going on...

edit2: to answer the question, couldnt anything be considered a gateway? cause one thing will most likely lead to another... pure curiosity is a gateway, but better judgement some lack

17. Weeds Not A Getaway Drug I Dont Do Any Other Drugs But Weed I Drink A Little Bit But Not Really.

18. First off, let me tell you that i have learned alot about how the government dealing with marijuana just from reading this thread. Back to marijuana being a gateway drug, i think it could be, if you wanted it to be, lets say you wanted to try coke, and said "hey i bet my dealer knows where i could by coke" that is how marijuana is a gateway drug. But if you didnt want to do anything else beside marijuana, then it is deffinently not a gateway drug. Just like others had said, it only is if you want it to be.

19. I think it is but it is still up to the person to go out and do those other drugs it's not the weeds falt.

20. Do you remember those balloons what they gave you in mcDonalds (it was long time ago). Anyway the balloons(sp?) were sticked into a thin plastic tube, about 30 cm long or so. When I was little, i fucking smoked those tubes!!! how sick is that? So I am quessing that those tubes were my gateway to drugs.