Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed... a gateway drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jblaze420, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Stupid? Don't be so close minded dude...

2. The gateway drug is the first drug you encounter in your life that intoxicates you. So that's either alcohol (for more than 90% of people) or weed... I did alcohol and got interested in weed to see what that effect would have. So alcohol is my gateway drug, as it is for many.
    It's not like weed will suddenly make you go ''hmmm... better try heroin next, this shit's getting old!'' or something like the government would love to have you believe.

TRUTH!

3. Gateway drug my ass! Because it is illegal, people have to go through dealers rather then a legitimate marketplace; more often then not these dealers sell more then just reefer! As an adult I have the restraint to not buy into dealer schemes and try a bunch of drugs; but a high school kid is much more susceptible to a persuasive dealer. I saw plenty of decent kids go down that way and develop some serious drug problems just because dealers (and mainstream society) made hard drugs, pills in particular, look cool.

Weed a gateway drug? No... there is no such thing as a gateway drug. Marijuana is simply being classified as one by ignorant people that are too headstrong to look at the circumstances surrounding peoples advancement into hard drugs. Marijuana has the "gateway effect" in the same way that wal-mart lays out their stores; if you put redbull in the same case as soda, eventually a soda consumer will get curious and try the redbull because it is available.