Has the price of weed gone up or down in legal states?

Discussion in 'General' started by wtfjusthappened, Oct 22, 2014.

1. This is for all of you in Colorado and Washington. Has the price changed since legalization? What about quality. I mean im sure your old dealers still have good shit, but overall how much had changed?

Im from Oregon, and am pretty sure it will be legalized here this year, and am wondering what to expect

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm also interested in this. Though I'm in Wisconsin, we'll be middle of the pack or one of the last at worst.. Still curious!

3. Good question, OP! Answers pleaseeee!

4. We demand answers! Come on Colorado and Washington tokers.

5. Yeah Colorado, and Washington peeps let's get some answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Im in Washington state, all my friends grow and I have plenty of weed. I do not know anyone who will buy weed so the price is almost nothing.

We make edibles a lot so I toss ounces of bud in the butter with my popcorn buds, blast a lot of oil too.

A person would have to try to sell weed and bug people and offer 1/4 pounds for $100.

I think im going to make cookies tonight, thanks for the reminder. :D

Yea from where I sit weed has little value. Everybody and their granny has plenty of weed.

7. I don't live in a legal state but I can take an educated guess and say the price of weed has not gone up. Dispensary weed is taxed at insane amounts which causes their retail price to be on the side of unreasonable. If you already have a good hookup there's really no reason to stop going to him. Tax free, reasonable prices. I don't think dealers would really have any reason to raise prices. And there's less of a risk factor involved as well. Just a guess, I could be way off base.

8. Ok....I am a grower in Colorado and although I do not sell my weed, I do give much of it away for free....just because there is an over abundance and I grow for the fun and breeding aspects.
    If you are a medical card holder, you should expect to pay between 89 to 130 an ounce depending on strain. Rec weed on the other hand has stayed steady at 2 to 300 an ounce only because if you go into a shop, the most they will sell you is a quarter and it will usually run you from 50 to 75 bucks and up! Outrageous I know but tourists pay it.
    Black market prices have really plummeted as it is harvest season. I pound of premium pot will now run you a whopping 1200 to 1400. Most in Colorado dab either shatter or live resin. Live resin is more expensive obviously and my buddy who owns a shop gets 100 bucks a gram! It is the most incredible new dabs and if you are a true connisuer, it is a must try! Most shatter or wax will cost you around 25 a gram.

9. From my understanding, most people either grow themselves or have someone grow for them (caretaker). A whole lot cheaper than going to the dispensary and paying that high tax rate. But people obviously do that too. and if you have a medical card, I'm betting you pay less than the price for recreational. 

10. Note to self, move to Washington.

In a sense I feel it would stay the same price.  Although if you are normally paying $10 gram and the state/province is selling for $20/gram,  I could see dealers charging more.

11. Lots of good replies. I could honestly see it go either way. If local supliers see that state taxed weed is being sold for say 300 and ounce, whats to stop the locals from upping there price too?

Conversly if they keep it low they will sell a shitload comparetively

12. There is a funny thing happening in Stonerville....the rec stores are opening by the day and are just now becoming very competitive. Tourists come and buy bud they know nothing about and pay they do. Our tax rate on rec weed is nothing near what Washington is charging so it is still somewhat reasonable. The bad thing is the Rec Shops are selling so much weed that they are fucking up the final product..Harvesting too soon....Drying and curing (if you call it that) and on the shelves in 2 weeks.
    This makes for a dry, rushed product. Most of the growers I know including myself dry their weed for 2 weeks prior to jarring at which point they get a cure of no less than 120 days under very strict RH variances. We also use UVB lighting as a supplement to HID/LED lighting for increased trichome production...I do not know any shop currently doing this.

13. #13 budbudgoose, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014

from the research i did for my site, oregon has the cheapest medical weed out of all the states. here's a price chart of all the different quantities and average price by states that allow medical and/or recreational sales. 

weed is definitely getting cheaper and cheaper as the supply is far outpacing demand. I remember when a gram was a solid $20.

State 1g 3.5g 7g 14g 28g (1oz)
    AZ  18  52  97  178  335
    CA  15  43  81  150  276
    CO  12  36  69  125  224
    ME  12  36  68  129  251
    MI  15  48  92  172  336
    NV  18  53  99  169  311
    OR  10  32  61  116  218
    WA  11  35  67  126  237
    Average  14  42  79  146  273

14. Are those prices (listed above me) the price per gram, when buying in bulk?

Because, in Maine, individual grams of high quality bud don't sell for $12 a gram, if buying a gram alone. And at around $50 a slice, that would still be like $14 a g, so I have to question those numbers.

15. Oregon definately has cheap weed.

I can get an ounce for like 100, granted its not top shelf, but close.

For the dankity dank I pay around 200 an oz.

Im hoping its legalized this year. I plan on having 4 plants if it is. I dont wanna get a med card in case I ever wanna join the military or something.