Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Wife and I getting MMJ cards. Some questions.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by tillygrower, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Hello,

We live in Michigan.
    The wife and I are looking into getting cards in the near future.

If I am not mistaken I can grow my own medicine and have up to 12 plants. But how does it work if 2 people are married and live together and both have a card? Is she also allowed 12 plants, making for a total of 24 in the home? Would we have to keep them separate? 

If It does not allow us to each have 12 plants, then do I need to be listed as her caregiver to supply her medicine?

When you grow your own medicine with 12 plants and then have a patient declare you as a caregiver, does this allow you to have more plants?

Thanks for any help!!

2. I don't know about MI, but in CA, each patient is allowed up to a certain number, and multiple patients means multiples of that number. I've had friends grow together, and when the cops come, they just want to see enough paperwork for the total number of plants, or they take them until they're correct. 

I'd worry more about the 2.5 oz limit though... I mean, if you have 24 plants, you will end up with well over the presumably legal limit. 

You may be able to carry more if other people designate you their caregiver, because they cannot grow in an enclosed, locked space. You can have up to 5 patients as a caregiver, but, again, that would barely give you a half pound... hardly worth investing into 12 plants. 

I'm not in the area, so I don't know what people are really doing, but, from what I've read of the law, those are your concerns. 

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881#Michigan