Feeding Coco Every Day?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by MisterWinter, Oct 9, 2014.

1. U dont need to feed 3 times a day to get massive crops on single plants I have tried n tested both methods am if u have your conditions perfect there's not really much difference at all except u use more feed

2.  Res on a cycle timer. 1 minute each time. Way too busy to hand water 3x a day lol. Only a 5 gallon res, but I only have one (huge) plant so it lasts a few days. 

3. #43 Mikeee420, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014

Coco is a hydroponic medium, it should treated as so. And yeah sure, you can veg for 2+ months and get close, but with a multi-feed the plants blow up like no other. I've tested both methods as well, and I think the results speak for themselves once you get the multi-feed going.  Not saying this is the only way to get big plants but considering the topic of this thread, my point is valid.

Edit- sorry for the double post. 

4. I'm going to go with a 5 gal oxygen pot system cause I'm tired of watering. I only water once every 2 days though wonder why that is

5. I water now with feed every time 3 times a day. I grow with coco hydroponicly so I keep it wet all the time I flush at nute switch and the end and haven't had a single problem o yeah I reuse my coco too. I have watered up to six times a day before but so far the 3 is working great here's a few pics. I think my method works alright.

Attached Files:

6. ive been increasing the times i water my plants a day and i havent really noticed a difference, but got batteries for my ph meter today and the whole medium is pretty high on both plants, it's probably gonna take a fair bit to lower back down, i wonder if im better off flushing with ph balanced water until run off is 6 then feed, or just continue feeding from this point on with ph balanced water?

7. you don't really want your plants in a high ph media. Or they will suffer. Either way would work but I would flush with proper ph water and then nite some water and go back to normal. But my shit is on flood and drain tables so flushing is simple . just fill the res with water and flushing agent and turn the pump on.

That's the beauty of a drip system. Fill up the rez when you feel like it, topping off every few days or so, and thats all there is too it! No need to sit there and water, let the system do the work for you. 

Well played. You're doing it right! Great pics- nice even canopy. Yeah I also noticed 3 a day seems to be the sweet spot. I'm coming to the end of a cycle right now and will begin a 7 day flush in 5 days. 

9. I'm finishing one up right now also. 12 plants 6 in each side turning lights off tonight.

10. Here's a pic of each side tonight lights off. They Look good. So I'm gonna keep on water my plants and if have the $$$you should too
    Forgot pics

Attached Files:

Love it, this is pretty much my approach also, I've been cutting out all my additives. The only ones I still like are veg level adds for root zone development like beneficial bacteria and hormones. In flower I give it some sugars like bud candy to feed my bacteria. All that with just the AN coco bloom a/b base, I dont even check PH anymore.

I also use straight coco, no need to add perlite or anything else because coco breaths very well on its own. I reuse my coco for two or three harvests also, just pick out the roots as best I can. If its new coco its crucial to add extra Mg/Cal for the first few waterings. Also fungus gnats seem to really like coco so sticky traps and gnatrol on hand are a good idea. I use blumats as an automated water system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ifuOzshJc which are absolutely amazing. My pots stay damp the whole grow and I have zero run off, I can literally leave my grow unattended, or minimally supervised, for two or three weeks if I have to. The only adjustment I make is that I keep my ppm in my res around 1000 or less to compensate for no run off, I could probably go higher but they seem healthy enough. Ive found that its better to go a lot less then a little to much when it comes to ppm. 

On more good maintenance tip is to  spray once a week with neem and spinosad from clone till they show flower and you will never see a spider mite or most other common pests. 

Thats pretty much it for me, once I get my set up going its minimal work and all about general upkeep and its pretty low cost. My plants are lush and healthy with impressive yields. I think to many people over think coco or use shit they dont need, I know I was one of them. Now I spend my time and money on other aspects of my grow, like my new LED light Im testing out!

12. No neem oil wont help with fungus gnats, and dont spray them that close to finish. Gnatrol will kill fungus gnat larva amf can be used up to the day of harvest.

13. im probably okay doing nothing though if its just a very small amount two weeks before harvest? or is it going to effect end result?

14. Water with some h2o2 and it will kill the larvae in your coco and you'll make it. This close to harvest you pretty good though. You'll make it either way. I have never had them in my coco though always get them with my organics though in 707.

15. If its a small infestation your probably ok riding out the 2 weeks till harvest. Id get a handle on them for the future though, they can be nasty.

16. after these two weeks i'm gonna get rid of the coco and shit, my tent will get a massive cleaning with Lysol wipes sometimes i take apart my exhaust fan and give it a good cleaning and since im laid off i prob will, ill get everything going great before i stick in the new TD3 and dwc delicious :p

17. Use knat knick. It's recycled glass. You add it to the top of the coco and Shazam

18. Be careful on the h2o2 it will kill alot of the microbes that may be benifitual. Try knat knicks. It's recycled glass that you add to the top of your coco. Knat be gone