Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns disease experiences (also loss of appetite/nausea)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rhymesayers420, Oct 6, 2014.

so do you feel the effects through rectal just like you would orally taking it?
    or is it the medicinal benefits without the high?

2. #422 puddleglum, May 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015

Suppository effect is a little different than edible effect because (warning: science-y mumbo jumbo) the medicine is not metabolized through the liver. The onset is fast (10-15 minutes) and I would describe it as a gentle and mild, predominantly body/digestive/calming effect. In my opinion, it would be an excellent method of delivery for someone who wants the medicine but doesn't want to feel "fucked up" mentally.

I make my capsules by decarbing the herb (not sure if this is necessary for our purpose here today, but I also take these capsules orally, and I've heard decarb is an important step for edibles), gently cooking in coconut oil with a pinch of lecithin, filtering out the plant material, and loading the oil into 00 size veg-caps. (If you want to read more about this technique and study suggested times and temperatures, check out the "BadKat's Cannapharm" sticky in the Edibles subforum.) Each of my capsules contains the extract from roughly 100mg (0.1g) of herb, so I'm getting 10 capsules per gram of raw material. 

Note that that's 100mg of raw plant material, not 100mg of pure THC... I have not experimented with such large doses. Proceed with extreme caution, especially if your capsules are made with hash or concentrates!

Tips for usage. I like to keep the capsules in the freezer so the contents are solid. This makes them less squishy to handle, and sometimes if I want, I open the capsule and insert the frozen oil cylinder quickly before it melts. When I am ready to medicate, I lube myself up and insert one or two capsules to about a finger's depth (past the sphincter or "tight part").  

A polite tip for the gentlemen: so much medicated THC goodness so near the prostate can be... pleasurable. If you are trying this for the first time then you might not want to wear sweatpants in public, just in case. [​IMG]

3. Lol pg
    Informative and on point.
    No pun intended haha

Thanks for the info :)

4. How are you guys doing?

I'm still kickin it over here. Feeling great! Hope you guys are doing okay. 

5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm19RLwtnok

6. Hey guys,
    Hope everyone is doing well.   I have a question I wanted to run by you and see if you have noticed the same thing:
    I mentioned in earlier in the posting that I make cannabis capsules for my son to help with his Crohns (which is working fantastic by the way).  He has remained symptom free since taking them, but denies that he ever feels "high", he just says that they make him feel normal and maybe an increased appetite.  I took one prior to him ever starting to test the effects....  I was blitzed for hours.  I just had my second major knee surgery in 6 months.  The first one was excruciating post operative.  This time around, I tried his cannabis capsules and have been 100% pain free this time, not requiring anything additional for pain, and to top it off, I have not been feeling any of the High effects of the THC.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Not sure what to think about it.  I am not a heavy cannabis user, maybe a couple times a week before bed.  Two or three puffs out of a pipe and I am good to go!

7. #427 Rhymesayers420, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015

I'm sorry I didn't respond to this! sometimes I go through and read and like but forget to respond brother! sorry!

and yes, me personally, I have noticed a huge difference between edibles/RSO/pills and smoking. Smoking is more immediate and great for quickly onset nausea as well as pain. The pills/edibles,etc. I equate more to a long day treatment; I can go for a long period of time without needing to smoke to offset nausea/pain, etc. Properly made edibles are made (bio-)available to us in ways that smoking or vaping are not.

Also, a lot of people tend to get "woken up" by their Crohn's and a lot of the time cannot get adequate sleep, I have taken wax capsules at night before bed and I've been able to get a full night's sleep without the "gremlins" paying me a visit in my sleep.

And yes, properly made edible cannabis would be great for pain relief for you as well. More so than smoking.

Did that answer your question? [​IMG] lmk if you have any more

8. Whats up guys?

Been a while.. Just checking to see how everyone's doing.

I couldn't feel better even if I tried. I've been eating anything I want, drinking a little beer here and there too with no problems at all. I'm still focused on eating healthy, but it's good to have to worry about anything anymore. I feel really blessed to have finally hit remission. I remind myself everyday how lucky I am to have gotten this illness under control for now. Hope you all are doing well! Let's keep on fighting!

9. Right on, good to hear you've been well. I was feeling great for about 2 months, but had some flare ups about 2 weeks ago. Starting to feel a bit better, getting a bit more energy so hoping I can go for a long overdue motorcycle ride. I gained about 20 pounds in the last 3 months, and I finally don't have to run to the throne immediately after I eat, so I can say for the most part all is good over here too lol. Still a long way to go, 50 more pounds before I weigh what I did two years ago but for the first time in over a year I can actually see results!

Hope everyone else is feeling good as well!

10. Good to hear man!

Trying to put on weight has been a challenge in itself for me. I used to play sports in high school and actually looked fit, but the past couple of years I've slimmed down so much because my appetite has been so off and I was just feeling miserable. I'm working on putting on a little bit of muscle.