Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns disease experiences (also loss of appetite/nausea)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Rhymesayers420, Oct 6, 2014.

I edited my original post multiple times so I could give you a full array of information to leave this thread with. Thank you!

2. #22 forty winks, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
    Man that's rough. I don't know if I could ever reduce myself to soup meals... I try to drink green smoothies in between meals when I remember to though. I can't think of any meal that would taste good blended into soup lol :(

See, I can dig this. I've heard about the anti-bacterial thing before, not necessarily in relation to Crohn's but it makes sense. I think that pro-biotics can help, and so does that doctor. However, at no point did he make such a bold claim as to say that with pro-biotics, Crohn's is cured.

What makes him so interesting is he's searching for specific missing bacteria and related diseases.  Really fascinating stuff, with a bright future.  Maybe a bit off topic, sorry.

6. No, that's great. I love to see articles like that. More research in medicine will bring us closer to a cure! I vaporized the Cannatonic and would have to say I enjoy both strains. The Cannatonic is a little hazey so I think it would be best mixed with a bowl of some good indica to get the most potent pain relief, but at night. However, the Blue Dynamite is superb. My anxiety was gone but also it relieved my Crohn's symptoms without getting me really high. There's a subtle buzz, it's nice. I thought that I would prefer the Cannatonic because of the higher THC but I was quite impressed with the Blue Dynamite. I'm hesitant to try the almost only CBD/no THC strain called AC/DC. The dispensary boasts test results of like 19% cbd with 1% thc. However, I think that for Crohn's, pure CBD or pure THC is not the answer but rather a synergistic combination of both.

7. I've had crohns for a year and a month now and went from prednisone + lialda to just lialda to lialda and Humira and now I just take Humira every 2 weeks. Went from 218 to 181 in about two months. I stopped smoking before I got sick for at least a year and as the sickness started to settle in, I started smoking once in a while. Turned to nightly and a few months of that multiple times a day now it's all day every day unfortunately. I'd rather not smoke if there were alternative non intoxicating medicines for it but that's life huh? It's not the miracle cute but I mean it made being in quiet situations a lot more comfortable than previous. All the gut wrenching stomach twisting pain and shit not always but usually 80%+ gone after smoking a little bit or vaping. Not entirely sure if potency of the bud matters cause whatever I smoked usually did the trick. Some betters than others but even dirt weed kept me feeling crohns free on a road trip from NJ to CA. Sucks to hear other people have to deal with this too. I'm 19 btw

Question for people that go for high CBD strains, is it THAT much more helpful than 29% : .3-1% thc:CBD ratio that you would buy a 8:8 strain? I have such a difficult time trying to justify spending 12-19 a gram on non top of the shelf bud.

8. #28 Rhymesayers420, Oct 9, 2014

Look man I hear ya... I think it comes to the point though where you're willing to try anything, especially when there's so much emerging research on the effectiveness of Cannabis in general, let alone this mysterious "miraculous" CBD? I just picked up my first CBD strains. To be honest, I haven't used it enough yet to say one way or the other. However, I think I will definitely buy more. For some reason, I'm also understanding that CBD interacts with the body in a way that not only relieves pain but attacks at the root of the condition (don't quote me on this) there's a study done on CBD interacting with the gut in patients with Ulcerative Colitis... here look: 

That sounds like more than just a little pain relief. It's interesting to me that it said that mice without "LPS," which is basically their induced IBD, had no effect from CBD on the intestine. However, when the mice were given this "induced IBD" and then treated with CBD, it "significantly" reduced it.That sounds like it's getting to the root.  :yay:

9. I hate to drag this out but, I must defend myself. IF NOT FOR YOU, THEN FOR OTHERS WHO MIGHT READ THIS.

The ignorance is showing through. You are not dealing with an idiot, or someone with limited knowledge, OR SOMEONE TRYING TO SELL YOU SOMETHING

To say "because she made money marketing a juice" somehow means she is totally aware is absurd. That she is a huge fan of XYZ, without understanding the importance of FIRST cleaning out the large intestine and liver is also absurd

enjoy your poor health. You deserve it

10. #30 Crony, Oct 9, 2014
    and you my friend deserve every bit of karma that is soon to catch up to you. If I see you post in this topic one more time I will report you.

11. I will choose not to feed the troll. I will choose not to feed the troll. I will choose not to feed the troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. #32 IgnorantFool, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014

No, you need not...

Sorry about that folks...this user is now blocked from posting in this thread...sad when a person comes into a thread just to attack others...

It's one thing to make a point...it's another to do it in a disrespectful and confrontational manner...

Carry on...

13. As a practicing jew with Crohns who tried "The Makers Diet" let me tell you, I still have Crohns... Jordan is Messyanic, he in himself makes no sence neither does his practices.... Thats enough of that, time to go make some cannabis oil to treat my Crohns!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Damn a creationist that uses weed? Is your church and family (if they're also Jewish) okay with it?
    Peflora thanks for the info. Now, fuck off.
    The only thing I've gathered from sampling different strains is that indicas are definitely better than sativa for myself but I miss being "dumb high" and thinking about the universe. Indicas just don't have that head high I used to enjoy so much

15. So it appears that witth high CBD comes low THC? So you gotta choose between one or the other? 

Is there any high CBD strains that have a good amount of THC?

16. Hello all. I am currently expirencing issues with the oil. I have seem to have tried every method of taking the oil with disaapointing results. Ive made the oil myself and now get the oil through a program for reduced income patients. Needless to say it's not the oil or the decarb. I can take a gram of oil in a capsul with other oils and feel a minimal results. I have Crohns Disease and it seems I am expirencing absorbtion issues with the oil. I have tried sublingulaly but taking half a gram this was burns the taste buds off my tounge and irritates my esophogas not to mention the bitterness. However I can take a small dab of the same oil and be set for hours. Ive tried every edible on the shelf, every tincture, and every lotion made in Colorado with misserable results. Maybe after a third 300mg edible and milk I might feel a slight buzz for a few minuets. Ive taken it down to oil many times, Ive also tried stright concentrated Green Dragon to no avail as well. Coconut oil seems to be the best for bioavailability next to agave nector and butter. I have yet to make some Ghee and do an infusion but that will be next. Soy Lecithin was a waste of my money, maybe not for others. I am looking more into the black pepper at the moment... Milk seems to always make me sleepy when taken with cannabis however my Crohns does not agree with milk.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to make the oil available to be absorbed better? I am only 110lbs and smoke about a quarter a week with a gram of concentrate to dab. Maybe my receptors are overloaded? I am looking to be able to consume and absorb a gram a day without leaving the bathroom smelling of cannabis all the time, such a waste of valuable meds! Anyways, thanks for your time and help. Ive read every post and learned so much!

17. Maybe try tinctures? 

There's a thread around somewhere. Some guy exclusively only does tinctures and he goes through the process step by stop. Try searching for it. I don't have the exact link. 

18. Nowadays "tincture" has so many different meanings. An alcohol tincture is not the same as a glycerin. I have made very strong concentrated green dragon that I tried a super tincture right before it got to RSO/Tears but I can't stand to ingest any alcohol anymore. Maybe a coconut oil agave based tincture would work better then using capsules.

So which strains help your Crohn's the best? (you do have Crohn's right?)  :confused_2:

I found that Cannatonic tends to have a higher THC to CBD ratio... I have some right now that is 5.3% thc and 15% or 16 CBD (around there). The Cannatonic will definitely get you spacin.

Thank God that other guy isn't here anymore... 

I find great benefits to juicing and I've heard great benefits to using probiotics. What oil recipe are you using?