How many actual watts of LED do I need?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Abe421, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Oh, thank you so much Capt. I didn't even think about that. I was just sitting here thinking about how I'm gonna stick white printer paper into the inside of a cardboard box, lol. But thanks for the spray can idea

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. They also sell light wall socket adapters that you can screw a bulb into and stick it on a powerstrip(bottom of the picture) it saves on space and its prettt cheap

Attached Files:

3. #43 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
    This is my veg room, 3x23w cfls over all of them. This is my first grow but I have been around it my whole life
    20140914_134807.jpg
    Theres more and they're bigger now

4. Yeah @[member="capt.murphy"] has some good ideas, if you can kinda get a setup like that you should be good

5. Damn! You grew all that just under 3 23 watts? How long did it take you? How old are the plants?
    And what do you mean you've been around it all your life?

And Capt.Murphy has some sick ideas. Deff gonna incorporate them into my grow box. I already got one in mind. Just need a cardboard box...
    Thanks a ton for the ideas guys!

6. #46 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    They're like a month old, but they are clones so they were about 3-4" tall when I got them. Anyways yup 3 of those bulbs for all of them but I have even more in there now lol
    Also to answer your question everyone in my house has a medical card and they grew long before me

7. Damn, did you feed them nutes or anything? There's gotta be something up with these. And if anything, I think clones take longer to grow.
    They aren't even stretching for light. That's crazy. I got people from everywhere telling me I got no chance with even 100 watts for one plant, but here you are with this forest under just 3, 23 watts.

8. haha dude ill show you them now, I just took a picture. but I dont use any nutes for veg, only for flower. I have a good soil mix (foxfam)

9. #49 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    Here are my Lemon Sour Diesel and green crack clones when I got them, next picture is 5.5 weeks later
    20140819_200758.jpg

5.5 weeks later, 2nd picture has labels (I dont know why the 1st one flipped sorry)
    20140925_224948.jpg 20140925_224948a.jpg

10. #50 Abe421, Sep 26, 2014
    Other than the exception of the small ones, they all look strong and healthy, damn. I'm deff gonna just go with 3 directly over the plant in a closed space.

How much bud do you think you'll get per plant? Now I'm afraid I think that's where the downfall may be.

And no worries on the pic

11. #51 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    Here check this out, thats my grow journal. It depends how big the plant is before I bud them but right now im hoping for about 7gs per smaller plant but like an oz on my big one. If I flowered all those in the veg room right now they would probably average around 7-14 grams per plant but I dont have that much room

12. You should top your plant or do LST so it has an even canopy, it will increase the yield.

13. #53 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    Heres a better before and after, it started out with only 2 lights then I added another bulb. I originally had them in flower but took them out so they were in flower for a week but it didnt seem to slow them down any. They have been under those 3 lights for about a month now though
    [​IMG]

14. Damn, your ladies are looking nice! She grew real quick, real big in just a month. You probably have your lights right on them right? Pretty much touching? In your closet space.

And going back to your previous reply, that's pretty funny how your whole fam has a card. Hopefully it's not too serious of a medical need though, in that case, sorry about that.

And I'm deff gonna follow your grow journal. I can't wait till I get mine started though. I'll also check out some nurseries to see if I can grab the soil you have. What exact soil do you have? Seems to work wonders!

15. I just checked out your grow journal too. My hey are coming out sick! You got some serious ladies growing. If I didn't know any better, I would think you have a full on, serious setup for your plants. But it's deff giving me confidence to nicely grow mine.

16. I just found a store that carries everything I could possibly need too! It's like a minute drive away! I found a 130 DaySpot Grow Light Kit by EnviroGro, that's around $23. It's everything I need for my plant! Plus they have FoxFarm products too. So if the soil you have isn't too expensive, I'll grab that, and the lamp! I just found the store like a minute ago.

By the way, what plant can I compare to a weed plant. I can't go to a store and ask what I need for a mari plant, so I need something similar to it. I heard Tomatoes are good, but I'm not sure.

17. Yeah, the lights are as close as I can get them without touching.

Well everyone in my family has a medical card, I am the only ''patient'' the rest are caregivers/growers but my best friend has medicical card too and started growing before me and has helped me a lot. I use his soil/nutes

And thanks for following my grow, when you get setup you should definitely start a journal.

I couldnt find the color temp on light that but honestly if you want, all the things you need to get a setup like mine can be bought at home depot for about $20

I use fox farm ocean forest/light warrior mixed together 50/50 but since you dont need all that soil and to save money, only the ocean forest will be fine

I use Botanicare nutes too, their "Pure blend pro bloom soil'' and "cal-mag'' for the flower stage. The bloom stuff is like $20 and cal mag is 17. I know you arent trying to spend a lot of money but thats a good choice of nutes if you decide to

18. Thanks for the nutes info, that'll deff come in handy. And the bulb is a full daylight spectrum. There's a 130 watts and a 150 watts. I'll probable grab the 150 watts since it's only 2-3?dollars more. But I'm guessing the a full spectrum means it has all the K temps.

But, if it doesn't work out, I would prob just make a grow box myself. I would rather make a grow box, like you. Your right, it would be most effective that way. But the light would also help. I'll also create a journal as well.

19. #59 GrowTrees, Sep 26, 2014
    To be honest, I think you would get better results with the 23w ones cause you can spread them out more and your plant will use the light better, but thats just my opinion. That light should work fine though

20. That's very true too. But I also have 2 small lamps that I can throw 23 watts into. That can add 46 watts additionally on each side.

But I'm afraid the bulb in the kit will be 150 equivalent watts, but actual. I'm gonna call and ask