Ignorant Budtenders...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by ThatWeedGuy710, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Bud tender = mc Donald's burger flipper.
    People need to stop looking so much into what they are getting. Not one strain helps one specific ailment.
    I just want to see thc% cbd% and cbn% almong with testing results for molds and bugs.
    I don't ask the guy that fills up my rx prescriptions what they will help me. He just fills the bottles. That is what a dr for.

2. #22 Green Knight, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  3. I say they should stick with the really hot gals at the dispensaries, but just find one who is a stoner and enjoys the herb and the knowledge of it as well and be able to help people rather than just looking good :)

4. a well established dispensary has plenty of room to grow, i think a lot of people think that the MMJ industry is slowing down but in reality it is still moving just as fast if not faster then ever before, and I'm not sure what places are paying under the table but i wouldn't even want to be a part of a place that operated like that, it should be ran just like any other business and follow the same laws, there are to many people that are after the money and they are shitting on what everyone has worked so hard for to get marijuana legalized not just medical but even recreational. its all about the movement. but everyone has seem to forgotten about that. like i said screw the money i would volunteer just to see these places ran properly, and i should say that its not all the bud tenders fault although they shouldn't be applying for something they know nothing about but instead most of the blame goes to the hiring managers,  and they too lack the knowledge they need, its sad if i was able to open a dispensary in my city i would work hard to put together a well established team, and make sure my goal is known "provide top quality meds to patients, with top quality information" but after seeing what I'm seeing shit I'm ready to join the DEA and help shut these places down (Joking)

5. #26 Green Knight, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    You gotta remember though... At the end of the day, in most cases, it is about money homie. It always has been in some way. Just like congress; motivated by money. Welcome to the "war on drugs" the battle still rages on, and until the fight is over, the struggle continues...
    In the mean time grow your own if you can, and keep voicing your opinion. Every movement started with that first step. Who knows, you may end up a renowned activist like Dr. Sanjay Gupta. Peace!! :D

Grow Progress:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html]http://forum.grassci...indoorgrow.html

... "You never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore".
    -Christopher Columbus

6. its ok to be after the money but it shouldn't be someone main goal, that right of the bat tells me that they are selfish, there is no other way to look at it, and its a simple fix...boycott. real old method but leaves a big impact. those who continue to enter these places and give them business are no better then the owners them selves, and people can say oh just because i change something doesn't mean anything will happen but that is such a negative attitude and that is why nothing changes because people have to much acceptance of the bad things around them, and CHOOSE to do nothing, but i will not be one of them i will no longer give these dispensaries my money only the well established ones who care about each an every patient will be seeing me. 

7. #28 Mid man, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    I don't live there but I'm guessing the medical marijuana program there is probably overrun by people looking to get high so the dispensaries cater to that by attracting that type of person to their store

8. lets just say SoCal dispensaries are the biggest joke to the marijuana movement...they basically shit on what everyone worked hard fighting for, but as long as people get their high they don't care, exactly why marijuana is always compared to heavy drugs like coke, heroine, meth, etc., because people just want their "fix" its pathetic. 

9. Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but is this thread anything other than a bitching thread? Lol

Grow With Me: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html

My Tundra: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335403-Toyota-Truck-Talk-4x4

Share Colorado: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335406-OFFICIAL-Colorado-Proud%21

...“You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore".
    –Christopher Columbus

10. #31 ThatWeedGuy710, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    hahaha nah i was just mad really and went on a rant so yeah pretty much. you got me! 
    i think its reach the end of its short life tho

11. #32 Green Knight, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
    well start a good one.. Ya know a funny one :D I'll sub :) laughter is a medicine too... Why not use both meds in combo? 😄

Grow With Me: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1320174-first-organic-indoorgrow.html

My Tundra: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335403-Toyota-Truck-Talk-4x4

Share Colorado: @ http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335406-OFFICIAL-Colorado-Proud%21

...“You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore".
    –Christopher Columbus

12. lol i will get on it soon!

13. As a (I think, fairly hot) female, who also has mad skills and knowledge when it comes to herb, I resent being chosen for my looks over that knowledge. However, until there is regulation, yeah, there will be a LOT more bikini dispensaries, especially looking at how weedmaps judges their budtenders just as much as their bud.

It was kind of nice to hear some dudes bitch about it for a change :)

</blockquote>well i guess there is a chance to just hang around a little longer in that shop and chat some with customers and the budtender, and who knows even get on a friendly level with her and teach her a thing or two? 
    i don't know how shy you are irl, but i don't find it unusual to chat about products with other customers in any type of store. if i see someone struggling to decide for a brand of coffee or something i can tell from experience which product i would go for, and quite often people are thankful for this kind of descision making help from other customers if there is no truly dedicated staff or sellers trying to sell you anything in a non-trustworthy way.

personally i would be a lot more happy to see 60 year old clichee hippie male behind the counter than a 20 year old sexy chick xD . i mean it is obvious who of those one would assume to be more experienced and dedicated to the subject, no?

if you are well below 60, perhaps it would help to alter your looks with dreadlocks, crazy sunglasses or some other silly accesoir when applying for a job xD

i read for the first time about the budtender situation and am seriously surprised and can absolutely understand why there is need to start a discussion about it.
    it is too true that there is tons of passionatly knowledgable people out there who just never had a chance to be openely taken seriously for their knowledge due to prohibition. businesses not taking advantage of hiring the real cracks seems really stupid and bad business strategy to me o.o

15. #36 Green Knight, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    Well to be fair, the Cannabis industry is still in its infancy, so even though many do not like the way it functions in one way; simultaneously many do. So until enough time has passed, enough places legalize and research and continue to treat it more as a medicinal herb- then I think it's reasonable to assume that the counter-culture we've familiarized ourselves with for 2/3 of a century; will continue to surface. Whether it's tie-dye T-shirts, or a good looking person selling something... The owners, and companies are going to present it in a happy enticing way; just like they do pharmaceuticals or a number of other things.
    There's a revolution of sorts happening with the worlds attitude on Cannabis, clearly.
    Where it will end up, only time will tell. In the meantime however, "expect" a popular psychoactive commodity whether cannabis or caffeine to carry a cool, sexy, or colorful marketing campaign to continue. It's much like supercars, a popular clothing line make up or any number of things that are sold etc. Those images are what gets a majority of our juices flowing. Especially if it's associated with youth, and what's trendy, or desirable.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Should have never been illegal in the first place, and without those stoners you wouldn't have all the good "medicine" :rolleyes: you have today.

17. im not on any sides but. u dont go to the bar and ask do u know how this beer is made? lol im just saying. only problem im having is asking if u know how this wax is made lol

18. #39 mtm81, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    <span>Sgtstadanko707</span>
    First, Pharmacists did not attend 4 years of college and 3 years of Pharmacy school, with clinical rotations in ICU and Cardiac units to "Just fill bottles" If they fuck up, people die. Medication errors are a big problem in the healthcare industry.

As far as budtenders being burger flippers, it depends on the budtender. If they put no time or effort into keeping up with the science of this medicine, then they are flippers.

For the medical cannabis patient, it is very important for the budtender to have knowledge of the condition the patient has in order to help them choose the best strain. Some strains are better at treating neuropathy than others. A topical ointment would be the best choice. Some are better at treating IBS than others. Cannabis aka Rick Simpson oil is better at curing some forms of cancer faster.

What if you have a patient ask "Why does this work as opposed to this one?" If someone gave me a BS answer and it didn't work as he/she said it would, I would never go back to that place of buisness. Ask yourself this - Would you go back to a doctor who provided you with false information?

For the recreational user, The Green Knight hit the nail on the head. You have to appeal to the market, in hopes of increasing sales.

Budtenders, if you are treating a medical patient, you owe it to them to provide them with correct information. Take the time to read research studies and attend lectures on the health benefits.

For the recreational users, know what effects a certain strain has. Get to know your patient. Yes, even recreational users are patients. You need to know if they have had a bad experience with MM. What effects didn't they like? Don't hand them a strain that can increase paranoia.

19. Not only the Budtenders, but dispensary owners as well. Someone hadd to hire these people. It really sucks to know more about the meds than the ones selling. But I have been a chef for quite a while now and see the similarities between dispensaries and restaurants. Chefs tend not to hire chefs and now people that think they know about buds won't hire growers that have the experiemce needed to educate the public about the "strains to pains" and how to know what to look for.