Weed And Christianity

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thefinisher, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Glad I'm not the only one who's felt that

• Like Like x 2
  2. My thoughts exactly!!!!! Haha

3. some believe jesus used mushrooms, some believe any drug use is a sin. depends on what branch of Chrisitanity

4. mr 13 amp... I like how you argue about the bible like that. Like you know it so well. did you ever stop and really think about the bible really??? Not just what the words on the pages are, but they actually mean??

Did you know that jesus spoke Aramaic? And that all the "scriptures" they found scattered all over the desert were in Hebrew and Aramaic. This is really cool here too, the first bible, which was, yes, hebrew, wasnt made for like 300 plus years after jesus died... And i bet my life that the first English bible was not translated word for word. It is impossible. So by the time they were translating the bible to english for the nice christian folk, things were left out, maybe not translateable properly even.
    So you see, to me, knowing what i know because i can go for hours because i have done hours of research, the bible is contradictory to itself. It was put together from scattered scrolls over hundreds of miles of sand. ... And as for you going all brittney spears when it comes to the laws the government has in place... Did you know that the governments first attempt at bashing weed to get rid of it was because back in the 1960s it was legal and people smoked everywhere. But the white people in charge said the black males were looking at women with lust and and some other shit... The laws now dont matter any more. Its all a facade. Pure bullshit. The government would kill us all in a heartbeat if they thought we were a threat... Everyine is too lazy now because the government is legalizing weed everywhere!!!!

5. Just to be fair, it says to obey the laws of the land unless it goes against Gods word.

6. Where does it say that? I have heard that before but I don't know what verse it is.

IMO Jesus was anti-establishment to the core.

7. I have a friend who used to smoke but had some kind of mental problem and stopped for that reason. He has smoked a few times since then but gave up once and for all and says that he feels god get mad at him when he smokes weed. I just pass it on as him being crazy as he has had some manic episodes which ive seen first hand. Still a great friend.

8. Makes ya wonder why God made it smell so good and have so many health benefits, on top of our endocannabinoid system. I think God is pissed that we don't smoke enough.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mat. 5:20 but that could mean morally. Acts 5:29 but of course everything is in context. I'm positive that I've read more plain scripture about that but i can't find it right now. I can keep looking though

10. I want to say it's probably in Romans, yes Romans 13:1.

11. Wow, reading Romans 13 is frightening.

12. #93 Thomas_1A4, Jan 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    I think its difficult to answer the question because there are some 70000 denominations of Christianity with all their different beliefs and then all the non denominationals.

13. What if you believe God commands us to follow the law of the land (so long as it doesn't contradict His)?

14. God must have a shitty sense of humor with all these self serving(or "satanic") pieces of shit who hold much of the power. How about we follow what seems to be objectively right instead?

15. A sin is a sin in God's eyes, no matter how major or minor so even if weed was a sin, it would be the same as you lying to your mom or any other sinful daily things.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app