Outdoor UK Growers ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sn00py, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Uk indoor grower here....]

i chucked one of my seeds outside in the garden last year and it grew to over 6ft tall and 4ft wide lol (vegged indoors from jan - outside in feb, left till september, buds only 1/2 weeks flowered) , it was a kc brains - brains damage seed, i dont think much of the strain but it was one impressive plant... i had to chop her early because we moved out of the house but "learned" friends of mine rekon there was a potential yield of half a kg....

so pissed i couldnt finish her...

this year i might seek out a wood land spot and grow another few monsters... any tips on location? im on the south coast so the weatheris usually quite kind :) (except all the storms the last weeks)

FrEeZe

2. Yes mate you would of got somewhere around there ;)
    A grower i know had a similar sized cheese plant grown outdoors and he took over 1lb dry of it :D

3. Argh! All this talk of HUGE plants is making me want to rip a nice bong :D

Hopefully fingers crossed I can find somewhere suitable by the time they need to be planted...

4. You wanna find a few places, that way 1 gets found you still got others!!!
    I get plenty of clones ready for may then plant in a number of places, its all about the odds ;)

5. Yeah, I'm going to be using feminized seeds so sex isn't really an issue thank god :)
    Will scout around for a few spots :)

6. i hear that. Its sooooo much better to use 4 or 5 spots instead of one big plot. I did this 2 years ago and got fucked right over. I am fortunate enough in that i live near roundhay park in Leeds and its like the second biggest public park in Europe. I went out about a week ago and found 4 really good spots in the park. I only had 2 spots in roundhay park last year. I told a few of my mates that i had 8 female plants in roundhay park so they like formed a search party and went looking for them with a plan to steal em, they wasted a whole weekend :p BUT if they had found the bigger spot i would have only had 3 plants left

7. It snowed here today!:eek:

8. rofl - are u in for a surprise or what!!! :rolleyes:

@ganjagrowgrady, why wait until may?
    Last uk frost is usually around easter so u should be thinking at least a mth earlier.

Believe it or not i still got some skunk1 outdoor right thru from last september!!
    Not expecting fk all of it, more to prove a point rly that mj can survive frost & snow.

Sewage works are great places to grow outdoor - not many ppl go walking there & the shit hides the smell ;)

9. I never said to plant in May did i? i always start em indoors in march and plant start of april. n ye we got some snow here as well, but it wer shit snow, the kind that turns to slush and somehow gets inside your shoes

10. Just like to point out that most growers of anything outside in the uk always say beginning of may is normal for the last frosts!
    Not going to argue with them as some have more years experience than i've been alive lol ;)

11. [quote name='Num']rofl - are u in for a surprise or what!!! :rolleyes:

Errr...?

12. feminised seeds = hermaphrodised seeds.

Ur far better off getting a mother vegging now then u got lots of guaranteed female clones for transplanting outdoors when ur ready.
    Not a good idea to just plant & leave fem seeds.
    A high % of them will hermie on u 1/2 way thru flowering & pollenate themselves & any nearby females.

Especially Dutch Passion seeds atm - terrible quality control.

13. ye especially outdoors in the UK. Your right you should get some clones, try find somebody with a mother plant of that cheese, its supposed to be amazing!!

14. Hi everyone. UK grower here too. Im planning an outdoor grow at the mo so im listening to your comments for guidence. Im going fo a walk this weekend to find some shady spots, loads of forrest land around me.:D

I can vouch for that cheese strain, OMG never had anything like it, i couldnt handle it after a while, i could smell it all the time, thought about it all the time, even craved for my next cheese spliff. I still crave for a bit of cheese's smell, taste and aroma now. GODDAMIT....

Snoopy, im afraid unless you spend proper money on feminised seeds you'll enivitably get hermies.
    This is in my experience of 1st time grows. I spent 35 on Dutch Passion and got hermie troubles late into flowering, I bought with a mate some WW feminised costing 120 i think and had 97% female, a few male flowers showing late flowering again. I guess what im saying is feminised aint 100% successful but the you more spunk with the better seedbanks the better the result.

15. I was in Roundhay Park for the Love Parade in 2001 :cool: :cool: :cool:

It's a big place !!!

16. Hey there, thanks for the advice ! I'm planning on sticking only a few plants in each site - So (hopefully) the chances of hermie's pollenating ALL the plants will be relativley slim. Fingers crossed anyhow. Either way, when they get spotted they'll get pulled before they cause me too much strife ...

17. I can vouch too, but thats because i have some now :D :D :D Swapped a fellow grower a 1/2 for a 1/2 of White widow.
    It's def worth trying to find someone who will do you some clones. I've got 5 places to grow outdoors this year, all will have 10 female clones planted. Max i could end up with 50 plants at worse none but hey nothing ventured an all that ;)

18. some fellas up my end shared a huge spliff of cheese with me last night...Fuck...Me...Shitless

i swear to god i felt kinda red up when i woke up :eek: I know a guy who can get me some cheese clones, but dyu reckon they'd grow alrite outdoor?? ive always been kinda cautious of what strain i grow, ever since i tried growin some white rhino and was heartbroken :( since then ive always grown early strains