Spidermites Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by chubbyblunts, Sep 13, 2014.

1. As I brought my plant inside my closet after sun went down I run 6500k lumen cfl lights and I put my plants under it on one of my plants I notice a small microscopic bug on my leaf eating it and leaving white spots. As I examined my plants and killed all the ones I could fine. Is there any spray that I can make at home to kill these fuckers? Or like a cheap spray I can buy from a retail store that will most likely do the job?

Sent from Space because I'm to high

2. #2 gone4good, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    This is a product I like.
    https://www.sunlightsupply.com/shop/bycategory/pest-and-disease-control/pure-kapow
    It will kill mites on contact if. . you thoroughly inspect your plant early and often you can spot treat with this stuff and not worry about a lot of the nasties.
    I've honestly only battled them a couple times in 30 yrs. Once when I brought some out door plants indoors and another time when I ignorantly accepted clones from a buddy who's room was infested..that particular time was a nightmare as he had the dreaded borg mite.
    Preventive maintenance is the best way to keep any pest problem in check.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. thanks man for the input but you were I can get this at from a retail store?

4. #4 gone4good, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    They'll have it at the local grow shop...assuming you have one...no?

If not i think neem oil is available pretty much anywhere..I think I read on here that works.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. well for now intill I can go to the store to pick some up is there a spray I can make hear at home from household things and ingredients that will slightly do the job intill I can get some neem oil or kapow

6. #6 noizviolation, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    You can try blue dawn dish soap, drop or two to a litre of water, spray top and bottom sides of leaves. Rinse off the next day with hose or in shower. Pay close attention and repeat if needed. Best to do in a bind though and if you need a 2nd application, make sure it is a miticide of some sort, not just dish soap suffocating the bastards lol.