Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed And Asthma?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FinbotheGreat, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Hello GC Forums, A couple of days ago i posted a topic about how i had this "weed cough" and i read the replies and tried some of them, I tried by drinking tea. as i was drinking the tea a friend asked me if i could meet up with him so i grab the tea on the go and walk my way there. The walk was exausting, I couldnt walk a block or 2 without having to sit down and take a breather. And later throughout the night i ended up throwing up the tea. After vomiting i though id go see a doctor. My mom knows i smoke and shes ok with it, it worries her sometimes but she wanted to come to the doctor's with me. When we get there he puts a wooden stick on my tounge tells me to say "ahh" and puts that weird device in my ear and such, Then he puts the stethoscope on 5 parts of my back and tells me to breath in and out, Obviously i wheeze and cough. So when we are finished he hands my mom a sheet of paper that allows us to give me a prescription of "APO-SALVENT CFC FREE" or a Bronchodilator. He said i have asthma which i call BS because all i have been reading online is that smoking weed helps with Asthma. And before i was smoking just fine "I toked everyday" Today aswell my friend offered to smoke a jay with me and i said yes. he knew i just got this cough so he gave me the rest of the jay because he didnt wanna get strip throat or anything like that. After i finish it i cough, And i feel high. However i still experiance shortness of breath, tiredness, wheezing and heavy coughing. Sometimes if i cough hard enough i can feel mucus leaving my lungs which feels great but most of the time its hard to get out.

So i wanna know whats up with my body, Do i really have Asthma? Should i continue smoking weed? or should i just take a break? i need an answer!! :unsure:<span> </span>

<span>Also, Details about the situation. I usually smoke everyday, I only smoke ciggarettes if offered to me, and 90 percent of the time i smoke out of my double perc bong. I smoke rezin too, I smoked the downstem rez once.. Wasnt very enjoyable :blink:<span><span> </span></span></span>

2. Cool story weezy.

3. #3 lFourTwenty, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014

If you have asthma, you shouldn't be smoking cigarettes ever. I also have asthma since I was a kid and if i smoke a cigarette, the very next day I will have shortness of breath and be coughing up a ton of mucus. I started vaporizing all my weed instead of smoking..that seems to work similar to a breathing treatment. It never causes me shortness of breath..only helps me breathe better honestly. I also never get mucus from vaporizing..but I always get mucus from smoking.

I like vaporizing through a bubbler or bong..it's my favorite. Huge hits but very smooth.

Edit: Smoke also has a lot of carcinogens which are cancer-causing. Obviously cigarettes have a lot more, but weed smoke does still contain carcinogens.

4. quit the waccy tobaccy and see what happens with you and the herb. I bet you you'll be fine after that.

5. Ya man, snag a vaporizer and your lungs will love you... Quit the cigs and your lungs will love you... Your lungs love you..

6. I don't smoke unless offered to me doesnt mean i smoke frequently :/ i hate smoking tobbaco, It gives me headaches so i doubt that could be the problem

7. I don't actually smoke tobbaco alot :/ but the vapourizer idea sounds good

8. We werent designed to smoke.

You must be an older model. :p

Truthfully, i dont know what to tell you. Inhaling smoke or vapor is not easy for me either and edibles are not the same.

I picked up cigars for a few months but quit. Dealing with stress is much easier when youre actually alive.

9. If you can get a vaporizer, or start using wax, your lungs will definitely start to feel better.

I started vaping/dabbing exclusively about a year ago. I haven't inhaled any smoke since then, and my lungs feel much better than before. I went through a period where it felt like I was coughing up a lot of stuff about a month after I started vaping, but I think that was just my lungs cleaning themselves out of all the nastiness I put in them previously. That went away after about a month, and my lungs have been great ever since, save for the occasional sinus cold, when mucus clogs up your lungs.

10. Asthma and cigarettes don't mix but understand smoking so I'm not going to tell you not too but when my lungs get mucus in them from my allergies I take large bong rips and cough as hard as possible to get the mucus out. Marijuana has always helped my asthma and lungs in general. I have had a lot of lung issues and I find if I don't medicate my lungs feel tight. If smoking seems to make your lungs worse I would recommend switching to edibles.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum