RDAs Wacky Fun Time Space :d

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RichardDean, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Ok sounds good. By the way is there a strain you can recommend to me for next year? One for auto and one for photo outdoors. Im roughly same lat as cali.

2. Cali has alot of latitude hehe. You closer to North or South Cal?

3. Haha true. Im about right in the middle of them both lat wise.

4. Oh ok, you get lots of rain in your locale? How's the summer season in general?

• Like Like x 1
  5. A fair amount of rain. On average I would say about twice a week it rains. Sometimes more sometimes less. Usually in the mid to upper 90s as far as heat. It does get pretty humid here sometimes.

6. Your going to want to look for a strain that is mold resistant and doesn't get too dense on the foliage otherwise it opens up alot of problems for powdery or bud rot to develop. something in a sativa dominant might work well for ya to avoid those issues like kali mist for instance is an awesome strain I grew for many years flowered in 70 to 75 days. Killer daytime smoke, not couch lock at all. almost trippy :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds like my kind of smoke! Thanks for the recommendation. How about a indica or indica dom? It may not be real suitable for the clinate but I love me some indica smoke every now and then. Was thinking about pre bubba 79.

8. You mean pre-98 bubba Kush? Kushes might do ok but definitely watch for mold I got a bubba Kush 2.0 from hso seeds running open air no greenhouse in Humboldt and I'm near the coast so it gets wet here from time to time as well and she is doing well so far. No issues so far hope it stays that way.

9. Oh and Kali Mist is from serious seeds and I believe it is Sagarmatha seeds that has a pre-2000 version of Kali Mist called Western Winds. Some argue the real Kali is the western winds since its not crossed with an indica like the serious seeds version is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yea thats the one. Couldnt remember thrle exact name. Looks like some killer smoke so ill be running along with kali mist and a few others.

11. Got one more question.. at what point in flower would you consider starting lst useless? As in not benefiting at all from it.

12. Rd, how do you cure large amounts? It seems at 10+ lbs curing in jars just wouldn't be feasible. Does using large ziplock bags diminish quality of the end product?

13. Turkey bags and no I never noticed a big difference. But for my personal it all goes to jar. I do have a qp sitting in a turkey bag now it holds fine, been using it for my joint weed. Good og cross stuff is great.

• Like Like x 2
  14. You cure in Turkey bags? How does that compare to jars? Always thought jars were the best but with 15 elbows around this year that will be too many jars. Don't laugh it's a good amount for me

15. Snake shit? No shit!  As part of my own soil recipe for next year Im going to incorporate some snake poo into my soil... I have a Northern Pine snake named Polaris and he is 7 ft long and very well fed because I raise rats for him and he eats whenever he wants and that means he poops alla time SOO.. I quit using pine shavings in his aquarium and started using regular ol organic potting soil which he loves since his breed likes  to bury themselves. Im gonna keep all the soil that he dirtys up and mix it into the dirt that my girls grow in. Just wondering if anyones tried this or maybe used rat poop to fertilize with ???  :laughing:

16. #56 RichardDean, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    yes sir, that's how most do it out here. Works fine

17. michganman and drewdog420..

Dry and cure is so area dependent it's hard to advise somebody on how to cure.. I'm in So Cal and it's a nightmare to not over dry here.. Our very low humidity can dry a just harvested plant to dust in just a few day if humidity is below 20% and it often is..
    This one of the better threads on a connoisseurs dry and cure.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=156237  It's something I worked hard at just to get a smokable product and I have my own twist to it.. Once my production got rolling messing with dozen of jars opening and closing got way out of hand..
    Once the buds start to feel stiff I cut them from the branches into low cut paper bags and start rotating them in and out of a air tight container from ice chest to trash can sized depending on how much I'm working with.. The whole idea is to gradually drop the humidity to 62 % over about a week to 10 days then I jar for good with a 62% Boveda pack and no messing with the jars at all is needed..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just what I've worked out over the last couple of years that gets a good product for me in my own micro climate..
    I must be doing something halfway right because I keep getting comments like "Wow I've never smoked anything so smooth and great tasting"..    This was much harder to get down then the growing side was for me.. BNW

Edit:: The ICmag thread does have useful info for the rest of you living in humid areas subject to mold issues as well..

• Like Like x 3
  18. Big space saver bags bro. Turn the vac on and seal them
    Up. Open and burp.

19. Was thinking of getting one of those. I heard you can get like 10 elbows in those nice and vacuumed up to look nothing larger than a throw pillow lol

20. Hi RD. Here is a post that I didn't get a reply to. I know it's probably hard to tell but I'm really not sure if I should chop and the downside if I wait.

Attached Files: