RDAs Wacky Fun Time Space :d

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RichardDean, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Tops of the I hate it list has got to be the Caterpillars.. Mother of god I hate them little shitters..
    2nd up like RD is Powdery Mildew..

2. I'll vote for powdery mildew as number one on my list. It destroyed most of my maui plant last year. Number two bud worms. Used BT last year though and didn't have any problems. Third maybe trimming certain strains like sour diesel.

3. Getting ready to fire up this bad boy going to be doing some smoking in the next few days

Attached Files:

4. Looks like you can char some serious mammal meat in that thing. Woo. :D

5. Doing some ribs tonight with my own homemade mop sauce. Finish it of with a jack Daniels bbq sauce glaze. Gonna have my parents over tomorrow and rock a pair of tri tips. I love meat

6. so I have a little question, hope this isn't something repetitive. When I brew my teas, I use an old sock and tie off the end and let it sit in my Rez with a pump circulating. I'm on my 8th tea of the year and I now have 8 socks tied off in my Rez. Is there any danger in leaving these old "tea bags" in the Rez? Could some harmful fungus or bacteria develop and harm my plants? The damn thing stinks like bigfoots dick and I can smell it from 30 feet away. If I were to remove the old tea bags is it too late to top dress with them?

7. I hate being a newbie and not knowing what's wrong with my plants. And not getting any of my dumb newbie questions answered because I'm a fucking newb with dumb fucking newb questions.

8. whoa, step back from the ledge dude. I'm sure these nice people would be happy enough to answer your questions...but there is such a thing as a dumb question. If it's something that asked non stop and easily researched they might get annoyed. Ask away, I'll try to answer it if I can.

9. I guess I should have put a smiley face in there though it is basically true. I've been involved with a few other forums where I'm quite knowledgeable and the newbie questions do get old and I understand that. But with those topics there are definitive answers that just take a search to get a pretty good answer.

But I don't really have a green thumb and have more of an engineering mind. With growing there isn't always a definitive answer. It might be one thing or it could be another. It could be a pest but you need to know which one. You can spray all sorts of things in veg but not supposed to in flower. It could be a deficiency but it might be too much of something causing a lockout.

And I have posted in the "post here if have a problem!!!" thread along with a picture and didn't get the first reply. I don't get many replies to most of my questions around here. But I think a lot of that has to do with trying to include all pertinent info I can think of and being too long winded. As you can see. If you really would like to try and help I will see about getting some pics and asking. Thanks and I need to work on the sarcasm I guess it would be called.

>:^)

10. #33 RichardDean, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    Dude, that stuff is totally bad now. Once you brew you mix the dregs into the tea so its evenly dispersed between all the plants. Probably have all kinds of anaerobic bacteria in there now that's bad news.

11. Well this is why I started this thread. I get asked questions all the time. Why not have my own space where no one feels pressure and you can come in here Newby or not. Ask away I have 13 years of horticultural experience.

12. im sure you're right. I was worried about that. I thought I would be ok tho as long as I drained the Rez and filled it back up with fresh water for each tea. Live n learn.

13. #36 michganman, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    im sure you're right. I was worried about that. I thought I would be ok tho as long as I drained the Rez and filled it back up with fresh water for each tea. Live n learn.

Edit: ignore this stupid double post

14. Whats up richard I got a few questions for you bro.
    1. If one were guerrilla growing and were trying to maximize yield, do you think lst would help? Or would yield be about the same as just grown normally?
    2. Instead of hauling water to plants in a guerilla grow, do you think digging a decent sized hole near the are to collect water would be a good idea?
    3. Would a tea in flower benefit the plant? Mine are on about week 2-3 flower.
    Thanks

15. 1) low stress always helps increase yield by keeping your canopy wider then it is tall you get way more tops which equals more yield.
    2) you could bury barrels to collect rainwater but without rain your screwed you might just have to lug it in if you dont have a water source nearby to pump from.
    3) a tea would benefit if your in living organic soil otherwise it might just throw things out of whack. What soil and nutrients are you using?

16. Thanks for the help. Yea not really a water source nearby. Thats why I was thinkin about diggin my own mini pond since the rain will collect in there (clay type soil here).
    Im using my own soil mix composed of blood meal, bone meal, tomato tone, rock dust, quality compost, peat moss and garden lime. If the tea would benefit me then ill start the brew tonight with molasses, compost, and a tiny tiny bit of fish hydro.

17. Yeah if your just making a compost tea that would definitely boost the microherd. Careful with using fish in flower one of those few things you want to avoid as it can impart a fishy flavor to the buds. I use insect frass in place of fish hydrolysate in flower if I do do a tea.