Plant Sex, The Art Of Creating New Strains

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by rain dancer, Aug 30, 2014.

1. My banana kush/afghan/Harlequin x sour og(raskal/sour d) F1s. Hit with 2 sour og males and unfortunately thrown all together. One was very sour the other heavy fuel. Can hardly wait to start popping them.

Attached Files:

2. Well greetings. I have a question that I cant seem to find a logical answer to. I had a Kush dominant female growing outside from seed.
    Mean while inside I had a WI-FI growing. Due to certain circumstance's I had to break down the indoor habitat. Instead of chopping her down at week 4 flower I put her outside...Next to the Kush (best sunny spot) well she hermied, by the time I noticed it was too late and it had turned the Kush. I would have to say late hermie as 60% of the Kush were female bud.
    Well the question now is the seeds from the Kush, would now carry the WI-FI genetics correct? or ?? I am a little beyond my technical ability at this time. I have 6 other grows past 4 indoor and 2 out door. Well what say the group?
    Oh yeah, both were kick As$ first time I hit the mark on two, unfortunately they had a little stress and now I don't know what I have.,
    Peace

3. You should have fem wifi x kush beans. Let somone else confirm first tho

4. From my understanding you will have WiFi (xxy) hermi crossed to kush (xx) female so you can have xx and xxy female and females that carry the hermi trait, this is when you breed to select for non hermi or xx pure female

5. Ask somewhere else but not on this fourm. Go to a dispencary. You are putting grass city as risk. Thanks for understanding.

6. Happy New Years Stanky

7. Anybody still here that knows a lil bit about breeding?

I want to start my breeding project but I'm wondering how much light is needed I have a small light I use for veg and was goin to jus use it for the breeding but if I need more light I have more lights on head but if I can get away wit my small light I'll use it. I'm not so much worried about yield but I don't wanna not give the plant what it needs to do its thing while breeding. Thanks guys!

8. Healthy females produce healthy seeds you wouldnt let your typical females suffer in low light. Treat them as you would your unpollinated girls . The males don't require much light though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Banana afghani harlequin x sour og. Grown in greenhouse from day 1 under natural sunlight. 1462066525296.jpg
    sfv og x sour og 1462066602569.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. So this is my first grow and have 3 different fem plants that hermied and now i have 3 seed bearing plants and pollen galore. No idea what or who mixed with who and each seem to have 2 hybrid parents, so what im looking forward to now is getting the original bud and collecting each seed to pop and see what each was like! 1467007423410.jpg 1467007475351.jpg
    This all happened 2 weeks after the flip...

Live Life
    Fuck Fame

11. Another question would be i have a strict veg and soon a flowering tent. I need to set up a clone/mother/breeding tent, how do others set theirs up?

Live Life
    Fuck Fame