Lonerangers Wild West Closet

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by LoneRanger11220, Aug 28, 2014.

She'll grow out of it, JK's don't fuck around.

2. Grapefruit:
    1409753525342.jpg
    1409753536508.jpg

Super skunk, white skunk pheno:
    1409753576169.jpg

3. I'd just finish her at the point then kick that grapefruit to the curb. She looks good, but if you ain't happy throw the bitch out. Who's SS?

4. Yeah, im definitely not taking care of her like I am JKs, or any of IRGs gear for that matter. I had a feeling it would happen so I never took any cuts of it at all. Smells nice, reminds me of Iced Grapefruit. A to. Of popcorn little things I wont even bother with at this point. Im almosted tempted to just run that entire plant thru my bubble bags when shes finished.

The SS is g13s, not the skunk I was hoping for. Smells just like BlueOG from them (go figure). Super super sweet and fruity smelling. I wanted the make me vomit stench.

5. Sup good fellas! The weekend is almost here again! ...not that it matters to you Ranger :p

6. Damn dude that grapfruit looks frawwwwsty as hell!! :yummy:

TJ

7. Haha its always a weekend for me now brotha! To me, today feels like a Monday, and yesterday felt like a Thursday. I have no idea what the day is anymore, its all blurring by so fast too!

Thanks man! I am surprised, I doubt its the strain I have running cause the people who gave it to me never mentioned it lol. I am running bare bulb CMH though and from my previous reading they have much more UV light output than HPS. If I remember correctly CMH was requirwd to run in a sealed glass enclosure because of the UV.

8. My time off always rolls by fast. I hope you get to enjoy some relaxation man.

9. Relaxation...I wish I knew what that was lol. Now is about as relaxing as it gets with 1 kiddo hangin but at least he sleeps durin the day.

http://youtu.be/MJHgMD1S0bg

10. Man, I always imagine what it must've been like to see Bob on stage.

11. I bet it would have been amazing. So much love and peace there I bet. So many good souls to run across.

12. Hey man, that reminds me.of something I noticed last night. I've been noticing that the concert scene is definitely changing over to the next generation. I never worry about being too old for the reggae crowds but I'm noticing the crowd looking younger and younger every year, lol. That being said, the new generations are bringing new apsects. Last night, there wasn't too many joints lit in the place but rather vape pens etc.

Hard for me to even imagine a reggae concert with no smoke in the air! :blink:

...sorry for the ramble, lol.

13. Haha oh man that woukd be weird for even me to see! I honestly dont attend many concerts. The last one I went to was a Blink182 concert for my wife (shes a youngin) haha. Before that, I hadnt been to one in like 10 years. I dont know why I dont go to them I always have fun there. Call me a hermit. Lol

14. Mornin errlbody!

Finally was abke to do some work in the veg area this morning. My cat had definitely taken up my SIP res in the garage as a urinal. It smelled horrible so I took all the lava rock out and threw it outside, completely washed and scrubbed the tote im using so it was squeaky clean (I had a lot of old roots in there from a year ago), and replaced with new lava rock. Cost me a whopping 6 bucks to replace the lava rock.

Put it back in this morning after a much needed watering. I top watered the girls with 1/4 tsp of coconut powder per gal of water, and then filled the res with protekt at 1/2tsp per gallon.

Should be good where I only have to refill and top water every week or more in there now.

1409929122308.jpg

Jerrys Kid A up front is the tallest, I have a feeling itll be male but heres to hoping!
    Super skunk cut is in back, and I topped her today as well.

Heres an overall shot of my Grapefruit girl, starting to fill in a bit.
    1409929195896.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

15. Yooooo Ranger! What's up man?

16. Whats up buddy! Thought I was going to bed but the second the light went out this one wants to eat again haha!

Hows it hangin with you man? Off to any cool concerts tonight lol.

As I saw this post I was just about to post up a pic of my worm bin that I added earlier. Wife gave me a much too ripe banana, coffee grounds from today, and a half a head of romaine that was going bad so I took it with a smile :).

I cut it up a bit, added to my worm bin and then sprinkled some bokashi and neem on top of the food, and covered the whole thing with a layer of moist compost. Then I take my moistened cardboard and cover it, then put the lid back on.

1409977018871.jpg

17. Figured I'd let you get sone rest but then I saw the worm bin... :D

Crazy how we go through so much to achieve some good humus eh?

I'll let you get some rest man. Like I said before, ya gotta take advantage!

LR

Both aloe vera and fulvic acid are instrumental in terpene/terpenoid/ketone production to this extent - it will help to maximize that plant's genetic expression to 'be all that it can be'

It can't fix crap...

19. Haha well thanks for thinkin of me buddy! Usually 5 hrs max is about what I can get, seems to be good enough until its "nap time", then I seem to fade out pretty quickly lol.

That worm bin is becoming an obsession of mine I think. My wife is always asking that I have MORE stuff to do in there... you can always tweak things little by little.

My schedule usually involves me passing out at 10, then awake at 230. And back asleep at 4 for another couple hrs, but that broken sleep is not the same.

Hey CC!

Honored to have you in here! I was actually thinking the other day that I hoped youd pop in here sometime and drop some nice info for a noob from time to time :).

That would certainly explain the production on that grapefruit girl. I havent seen frost like that in my room before, but this is also the forst time ive had an IPM schedule like I do now. I have been spraying both plants, and you can tell a big difference between the grapefruit and super skunk, the SS is hard to tell its even producing anything at this point.

Aside from the benefits you explained in fulvic and aloe that I use with my foliar, would watering in aloe into the soil help that much more with this production? I have read some info from you before about the benefits of using aloe in waterings, just never done it myself.

20. #60 over dere, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014

Aloe vera offers a wide range of benefits and increased root development is at the top of my list. In the world of so-called rooting compounds the three that are at the center in nursery stock production are listed below:

Salicylic acid - this was first discovered in the late 1800's when nursery producers discovered that willow tree shoots could be soaked in water and then cuttings could be dipped or soaked and that would facilitate rooting. That discovery moved forward after WWI at UW Puyallup with their studies and a couple of years later the project was moved to Oregon State University because they had a larger horticulture school. From there a commercial product was introduced in the mid-20's called Hormex which is one of the big players with commercial operations. 
    \nindole-3-acetic acid (IAA) - this auxin increases growth of stems and roots. You find this in many retail and commercial rooting products.
    \nindole-3-butyric acid (IBA) - this is the active ingredient in Dip 'n Gro which OWNS the Christmas tree industry in Oregon which harvests and ships 6.5 million trees each year - all grown from cuttings. Imagine what it takes to create 7+ million cutting each year. Once IBA was tested and proven it became the standard at the rooting houses (about 4) that produce conifer cuttings both for this industry as well as supplying rooted cuttings for reforestation projects around the world so the total is closer to 12 million rooted cuttings per year.

I would note that all 3 of these compounds are produced by every plant but what makes aloe vera a good choice is that it's inexpensive and you have higher levels than other plants with the exception of brown kelp varieties - not powdered seaweed extract, not red or green kelp but brown kelp like the kelp meal we use in our gardens.

A combination of kelp meal tea in conjunction with aloe vera is what I use to soak the strata for cuts that I'm wanting to root as well as increasing the root production once the cutting is established.

Having said that these benefits are maybe 5% of the total range of benefits from aloe vera.

Here's a couple of academic books on this and other subjects...

Salicylic Acid: A Plant Hormone
    [​IMG]  Salicylic Acid-A Plant Hormone.pdf   12.4MB
    \nChitin Signaling in Plants: Insights into the Perception of Fungal Pathogens and Rhizobacterial Symbionts
    [​IMG]  ChitinSignalinginPlants.pdf   179.15KB
    \nChitin is the reason that we add crab meal to our soils. Bacterial action forms the enzyme chitinase and it's this enzyme and salicylic acid which forms the basis of a plant's SAR (Systemic Acquired Resistance) which for this limited discussion could be compared to our own immune system.
    \nHTH