Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Roll An Inside Out Joint In A Cigarette Roller

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by noTheOtherGuy, Aug 26, 2014.

1. #1 noTheOtherGuy, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    I recently purchased my first cigarette roller the other day, and began to wonder if it was possible to start rolling inside out joints in this contraption. Today I attempted to see if this was possible.

After loading my material into the roller and going around one full time (like normal). Now that the material is comapact it is time to insert the paper. For this, things have to be done differently. We want the paper to go around once and then have the sticky side come into contact with it's self after one revolution of the roller. To achieve this, I place the sticky side of the paper face down. So that if you were to lick it at this point it would stick to the roller. That is why the paper will not be pre licked. The dry paper is then pulled into the roller. I prefer to roll in the opposite direction here. That means my thumbs on the front of the roller are going downwards while my index fingers in the back are rolling the mechanism in an upwards direction.

This causes the paper to be sucked into the front go under the material and come into contact with the paper again after one turn. Keep rolling... all the paper should be in the roller. Do not open the roller! The paper has nothing to keep it tight, we will need to keep the machine closed and lick the glue in a different manor. What I ended up doing was taking some water, dipping my finger into it and rubbing water onto the roller opening. You really just have to get the roller paper wet and then roll the cigarette some more so that the water comes into contact with the glue portion of the paper. Please make sure you can get your cigarette roller wet without damaging it. Mine is made of some sort of plastic like material so there was no problem there. I'd then let the joint sit for a few seconds, before lightly removing it from the machine. Take some time to dry off the machine while your joint hardnes up a little.

Now the hard part, you have to search for the end of the paper around the joint. It's harder than trying to find the end to a tape roll. Once found, gently, and I mean gently lift the edge up until you get close to the glue. Personally I take this time to add more liquid to the glue underneath the paper. So either lick the paper or add some more water. Now keep pulling the paper up until it is right on the edge. Now burn or cut the paper away, finish your joints however you see fit... clamp the end and light her up!

One last note, I attempted this twice with a zig zag 1 1/4 paper but the glue wouldn't seem to stick. I tried it again with some raw paper and it worked no problems. But that could have been user error.

Attached Files:

2. Is there a purpose to an inside out joint?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Already asked it.
    So much work for... What in every way appears to be a normal joint.

4. My thought exactly. Maybe it burns better?

5. Only possible explanation I could come up with. Now I'm trying to find my roller to do an experiment.

It doesn't exactly burn better... You smoke less paper

7. Definitely report back. If I could vape inside out I would give it a try. But I would have to break my solo.

8. How do you smoke less paper? Same joint isn't it?

Yeah it's the same joint indeed, but you burn some of the paper, so you're smoking less paper. I like to smoke fat inside out joints, the taste is exquisite. Although I roll them myself and I don't know anything about rolling devices.  :smoke:

10. What, the weed is on the outside? How does that work?

11. #11 123burnthattree, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    What do you mean by burn some of the paper? I rarely combust weed.

Edit: Nevermind. I read the last bit there. So essentially you are getting cleaner hits overall right?

12. OH MY GOD I GET IT! Probably like 30-40% less paper this way. Not enough for me to give a fuck.

It's pretty tricky tho. If it's your first time trying you should use scissors instead of your lighter, you're smoking less paper but it's not a big deal. I like to smoke my keef joints this way. Nice taste   :smoke:

14. If you really give a fuck about smoking paper, buy a bong. Joint rollers are pieces of shit anyways, even the expensive name brand. They look like a 'fecto but burn like shit... You know you cant deny that hand rolled js will smoke better than any makeshift cigarette roller hack

I've seen lots of people use these devices but I prefer a joint rolled by my own hand... It took years to master, people always compliment my J's. Although I'm smoking from my bong 24/7. I don't need that burning paper   :bongin:

16. Hand rolled joints are the shit. It feels like art work when you're done, and if its a fecto you feel proud. Almost like preparing a very elegant home dinner date (candles, lighting, fancy plates&silverware) only to gorge it to yourself

17. Maybe you just don't know how to use one properly.

Yeah man the visual aspect definitely is art no doubt. Just keeps me busy, I like to smoke something different once in a while   :bongin:

19. Nope. Tried plenty of them and yes, they do come out looking like a bic pen, buy they seem to be more prone to canoeing in my experience. Heck, up at hempfest last weekend I smoked a j with this dude and I could tell he used a roller by the way it burned.

Guess its all personal preference!

20. I feel ya. Its almost ritualistic to me in a way when I roll up a blunt. Just so much more character in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I loooooove me some good quality glass, but oil doesn't smoke that well in a paper 😁😁